Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

One down, six to go

So Vaughan is supposedly the first of seven targets Lambert has secured.  Who are the other six?

Seems that Morison might be one of them.  That surely spells the end for Wilbraham, Oli and Chrissy Martin and probably McDonald.  That would leave 4 strikers for 2 positions.

Another goalkeeper as back up / competition to Ruddy?  Then Rudd and Steer can go on loan to gain valuable game time.

At least 1 defender is needed, maybe 2.  Chambers of Forest can play at right back (cover for the Norfolk Cafu) and CB.  Thoughts on a 2nd defender?

Leaving two more signings to make.  Midfielders?  But who?

Have to say I think we could do with 8 or 9.

1 keeper

3 defenders

2 midfield

3 strikers

PS I''d definitely keep Chris Martin too.

I think they''ll be Morrison, a winger (Snodgrass?), a big combative centre midfielder (Trotter, Johnson?), 2 defenders (a right back, a centre back or maybe a versitile defender) and a goal keeper.

Thats would add up to 6 to then make 7 and I would be pretty pleased with that.

On strikers I think Holt, Vaughan, jackson C Martin & 1 other new one will give us the cover and options we need up front. Certainlty see no space for Oli or Cody in a squad of 25 - and 5 strikers in a squad of 25 seems proportionate - certainly no more than 6)

Dont forget that C Martin is a bonus player for us having come up through the youth set up so will not be in the 25 players (I think youth players with a set numbers of years background are on top of the 25 - can anyone confirm?)

As for the rest can see 3 defenders, a midfielder and a keeper coming in.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]On strikers I think Holt, Vaughan, jackson C Martin & 1 other new one will give us the cover and options we need up front. Certainlty see no space for Oli or Cody in a squad of 25 - and 5 strikers in a squad of 25 seems proportionate - certainly no more than 6) Dont forget that C Martin is a bonus player for us having come up through the youth set up so will not be in the 25 players (I think youth players with a set numbers of years background are on top of the 25 - can anyone confirm?) As for the rest can see 3 defenders, a midfielder and a keeper coming in.[/quote]

Nice to see some on here bringing the Squad rules into play (whilst others seem to be totally unaware of it);

Clubs must name a line-up of players who are OVER 21 and at least eight of them have to be homegrown.

A homegrown player is one who has been registered with an English or Welsh club for three years before they are 21.

That means the likes of Arsenal''s Cesc Fabregas and Nicklas Bendtner are classed as homegrown.

Managers can use as many under 21 players as they want, regardless of nationality.

Zipper, as far as i know, the only ones not included in the 25 are the under 21s.... So Chris Martin will be included.

You could be right, but i have never heard of anything like that before... If that were correct, then surely players like Giggs and Scholes wouldn''t be in the 25 for Man.U?

• Clubs must name squads containing at least eight homegrown players and no more than 25 players in total.

• A homegrown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

• In keeping with UEFA guidelines, an Under-21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on January 1 in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010-11 campaign, Under-21 players will have been born on or after January 1, 1989.

• Any players under 21 can be added to the squad, regardless of nationality.

• Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If that were correct, then surely players like Giggs and Scholes wouldn''t be in the 25 for Man.U?[/quote]

Good point! My bad :-) Think it was the home grown bit I was thinking off!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

• Clubs must name squads containing at least eight homegrown players and no more than 25 players in total.

• A homegrown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

• In keeping with UEFA guidelines, an Under-21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on January 1 in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010-11 campaign, Under-21 players will have been born on or after January 1, 1989.

• Any players under 21 can be added to the squad, regardless of nationality.

• Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.
  • [/quote]

Perfect - thanks for clearing that up Joanna :-)