Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

City agree 2.5m for Vaughan

Why are people saying they would rather us spend 2.5 million on CMS as opposed to Vaughan? They both roughly scored the same amount of goals in a struggling Championship side, Vaughan this season, CMS last season but Vaughan scored his goals in less appearences than CMS. Vaughan is younger and has some prem experience, whereas CMS is older with none, and Vaughan would probably have a better re-sell value due to his age.

Alysha, very much with you.

If Vaughan does sign, he is a very exciting Young English player who is going to walk into our current first team squad and push ahead of many of our exisiting forwards at a very young age.

He is regarded as one of the best young players to come out of Everton since Rooney, clearly some of the reports here mention his desire is second to none and his ability on the ball again is first rate.

I certainly think it is a great opportunity for a forward who wants to impress to come here and do exactly that. I agree the value of his stock, I believe, can rise.

We will see what happens but I would be very happy to acquire a former youth international forward who is hungry to join our squad. I still think we need another forward and believe we will look to get another. But Vaughan can certainly be a great addition to our squad of 25 and be well ahead of some our existing forwards.

Haven''t seen much of him but my best mate is an Everton season ticket holder and he use to bleat on about how much potential this lad had a few years ago. Lets hope Lambert can get him firing on all cylinders!!

Good Luck Vaughan!

Welcome James and good luck.

Pay no attention to some of the kno bends on here that have no confidence in your talent. I''m sure you''ll be fine.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Welcome James and good luck. Pay no attention to some of the kno bends on here that have no confidence in your talent. I''m sure you''ll be fine.[/quote]

Well that''s allayed my fears.

Seriously though, all the best to James, and I hope he proves some of us wrong.

I''m pretty happy with this.  Yes he doesn''t have a good scoring record in his short career but he''s only 22 and he has bags of potential which is the main factor in this signing.  If there is one manager who can bring the potential out of players then it is Paul Lambert.

Also I know the 2.5 million fee is pretty certain but why do the club always say a player has signed for an undisclosed fee?

I liked what I read in that article. It mentions he passed a ''stringent medical'' which suggests we have taken the right approach to check is fitness issues of his past.

I am looking forward to seeing him play, fast, powerful and hardworking! Great move!

I''m not going to say anything, thought Jackson was rubbish, so what do I know :)

This could be a great signing, he certainly looks decent just needs that bit of luck to stay injury free and playing in a decent side he could excel.

If he was so good, then surely Everton would be keeping him, as they''re going through a striker crisis.Not impressed with spending £2.5m on a player, that is not better then either of our first choice strikers.

Lambert''s giving us some nice options to switch up during games. Can imagine us wearing a defence down the the physicality of Holt and Morison (or whoever else it is we get in the same mould) then at 65-70 minutes bring on Jackson and Vaughan to destroy them. Could be fun!

In my eyes a much better prospect than S. Jackson

Can''t wait to see him in action and for me above Jackson in the pecking order. But I certainly would understand if we got no other obvious starter this summer in a striker posn. that Jackson could start. Confidence high and certainly it has shown that when he is down he is down.

Vaughan has had to fight with a few injuries, at 22 pushing ahead of senior strikers and has gone out on loan eager to impress. Which he has.

I am happy with this signing, young and certainly, I hope, going one way and that is up. We need to be clinical next season we cannot waste golden opportunities and certainly we saw with both our two main strikers at the end of the season they did miss opportunities.

I do expect another striker to come in and look forward to seeing our forward line playing off balls from Wes, Surman, hopefully Pacheco and Lansbury.

Great to get an early signing in, totally agree with what he said in the report about getting a full pre-season with NCFC. Eager and ready to prove himself, ticks alot of boxes.

Very happy with this signing, think he will add to the squad and push the others all the way. Still would go for 2 more strikers and those for me would be Maynard and Morrison, sell Cody and Johnson and loan out Martin and I think that Holt, Maynard, Morison, Vaughan and Jackson offers a lot.

I think £2.5 million if very steep but as others have said, you would imagine a deal like this will have plenty of add ons built into it. They have done a stringent medical so if they had seen anything they didnt like I very much doubt the club would have parted with the money. He did also play a decent amount of games under his belt for Palace last season so fingers crossed he should be fine fitness wise. He will also benefit from a summer to settle in the area and a full pre season.

I was never expecting a "blockbuster" big name signing but I am still slightly sceptical about this one. Not the best goalscoring record ever but I guess he is only 22 and finding his way after some bad luck with injuries. But I remember reacting in a similiar way when Lambert has signed Martin, Ward, Ruddy, Jackson, Crofts, Fox and Tierney. They have subsequently gone on to be the core of a team winning promotion to the championship. So like someone else has said I would back the opinion of a European cup winner and back to back promotion winning manager. Rather than the doubts of a park footballer and part time forum poster like myself.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not going to say anything, thought Jackson was rubbish, so what do I know :)

This could be a great signing, he certainly looks decent just needs that bit of luck to stay injury free and playing in a decent side he could excel.[/quote]haha, I like it GP [Y] at least you are honest about it! [;)]I have heard so many people saying that Vaughan is overpriced, or won''t cut it, while others have been claiming that he will walk in to our team FIRST CHOICE and that Jackson and our other new signing (and even Chris Martin) will not get a look in.All of these extremes are pretty naive in my opinion.  What we will have if Morison follows Vaughan in signing on the dotted line, will be an abundance of attacking talent that we haven''t seen at Carrow Road in my time of following us.  We will have so many options upfront, 5 strikers in all that have the ability to do it at the top level and all of whom will be hungry for it and have something to prove.  This can only be a good thing!

PS, spoke to Evertonian mate and he reckons it is close to a million with add ons, not sure how he knows, but as he is up there and the football in Liverpool is their life, he may well be correct.