Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

City agree 2.5m for Vaughan

Hmmm if it had been between £1m-£2m then fair deal - £2.5m? Hopefully he''ll stay injury free.

As a player though, I''m a fan. So welcome aboard James, may your stay with City be long, successful and ultimately injury free!

My evertonian mate said this:

When he first came through about 5 years ago all blues thought fuck me what a chance he''s got of a good career. Since then the kid has had far to many serious injuries. I mean loads. The problem is that one of the biggest pluses was his work rate to defend from the front which he still tries to do but due to all those injuries he really shouldn''t. He''s like tevez if you like with regards that. And the fact thats the first thing i''ve thought of says a lot. He used to have decent pace & a good enough ability to finish. Again the injuries have not helped either of those. He''s been on loan at palace for most of this season & we haven''t fancied asking him back despite having big problems up front ourselves. Which probably says everything. In his favour he''s never had a proper season. I bet this year is the season he''s played the most times & he''ll need a good couple like that before anyone will know either way. He''s probably best doing that in the championship though. It''s sad. If he''s knees weren''t made of cheese he might have been awesome.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]I can''t see the 2.5m being an all up front fee, some of that will be add ons I would have thought.[/quote]

More than likely.

I don''t think that Everton will be getting £2.5 million upfront for him though.  I wouuld''ve thought that would be the maximum fee based on us staying up, plus number of games played and goals scored (or othe such add ons).  I would imagine that the upfront fee they get for him would be around half of this.Good player and I am rather excited by this signing and that we are already bringing in players before the end of May.  Getting as much business as we can done early (like last year) is key, especially after just winning promotion. [:)]

Palace fans on twitter are saying they had an agreed fee of 750k as part of his loan deal. Can''t imagine we''d be paying over 3 times that. Maybe 750k upfront with another 1-1.5m add-ons. Seen as he''s got such a bad history with injuries any deal would have to factor that in to a large extent, McNally & co are no mugs.

Will be interesting to see if he can pass a medical...

Injury, followed by injury, followed by injury is what has plagued his career to date.

If he can stay fit, this could be a good signing and could make things very difficult for Jackson as they''re similar players. However, Vaughan''s injuries have seen his pace dip off, Jackson does not have this problem at the moment.

too much, far too much and doesn''t seem like the sort of figure we''d shelling out under Lambert and Mcnally for someone whos not really done that much. Yes hes a prospect, but hardly set the championship on fire and dodgy injury record. We''ll see, as others have posted, surely cant be 2.5 up front, can it? I cant see that Mcnally would sanction that, hes pretty carefull with the pennies...

[quote user="Mahogany"]Palace fans on twitter are saying they had an agreed fee of 750k as part of his loan deal. Can''t imagine we''d be paying over 3 times that. Maybe 750k upfront with another 1-1.5m add-ons. Seen as he''s got such a bad history with injuries any deal would have to factor that in to a large extent, McNally & co are no mugs. Will be interesting to see if he can pass a medical...[/quote]

--

Agreed, but presumably his agent is no mug either. As a Premier League club we are going to have to expect to pay more, in terms of transfer fees and wages. It goes with the territory.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mahogany"]Palace fans on twitter are saying they had an agreed fee of 750k as part of his loan deal. Can''t imagine we''d be paying over 3 times that. Maybe 750k upfront with another 1-1.5m add-ons. Seen as he''s got such a bad history with injuries any deal would have to factor that in to a large extent, McNally & co are no mugs. Will be interesting to see if he can pass a medical...[/quote]

--

Agreed, but presumably his agent is no mug either. As a Premier League club we are going to have to expect to pay more, in terms of transfer fees and wages. It goes with the territory.

[/quote]

Exactly, for a Championship club he is available for 750k for a Premier League club it will be more.

Anyway, don''t believe the numbers when it comes to transfers, they are generally hyped up by the selling club and the media. The price will include things like a bonus if we survive, or after he scores X number of goals or plays for England. If we stay up and he bangs in 20 goals then I don''t think any of us will care if he cost £2.5m.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

--

[/quote]

Exactly, for a Championship club he is available for 750k for a Premier League club it will be more.

Anyway, don''t believe the numbers when it comes to transfers, they are generally hyped up by the selling club and the media. The price will include things like a bonus if we survive, or after he scores X number of goals or plays for England. If we stay up and he bangs in 20 goals then I don''t think any of us will care if he cost £2.5m.

[/quote]

I should have said, in terms of the transfer fee, that Everton are no mugs either. Additionally, Vaughan''s injury record looks bad, but he did play 30 times (28 starts) for Palace last season.

As several people have already said, this fee will be a "maximum" based on hitting certain targets like staying up/20 goals/50 appearances etc.

I am chuffed if this goes through.

speaking of wiki, and injuries...2006 - knee ligament injury2007 - dislocated shoulder2009 - tear in cartilageHe''s just been unlucky - it''s not like it''s constantly the same injury that stops him playing.9 goals in 30 starts in a struggling Palace side is a decent return too.

Whilst reading the rumours this morning I was thinking of David Vaughan, until someone put a link to his Twitter.Not that excited by this news... would prefer Dave myself.

When it comes to signings I trust Lambert as he''s done some great bussiness. Don''t look at the past, let''s look at his future! He''s only 22 and looks a great player.

Good signing imo.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]speaking of wiki, and injuries...

2006 - knee ligament injury
2007 - dislocated shoulder
2009 - tear in cartilage

He''s just been unlucky - it''s not like it''s constantly the same injury that stops him playing.

9 goals in 30 starts in a struggling Palace side is a decent return too.
[/quote]

Dislocated shoulder is not something serious and likely to reoccur let''s be honest - even I''ve done this in a game by falling awkwardly and been fine since without the resources of amazing medical staff that footy teams have. I''ve also had knee ligament damage which many players get including Surman I believe. I don''t think any of that looks serious and related, unlike Owen Hargreaves or Bullard maybe. Let''s just hope he''s like Whitbread/Surman and is passed these injuries and comes here and storms it with no problems[;)]

Would of been pleased with the signing if it was 750k.But for £2.5m I would of rather had one of Long/Graham/Maynard/Morison/CMS/Rodriguez

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Would of been pleased with the signing if it was 750k.But for £2.5m I would of rather had one of Long/Graham/Maynard/Morison/CMS/Rodriguez[/quote]you''d be looking at double that for Long, Graham, and Maynard, and probably more for CMS.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="ncfcfan"]Would of been pleased with the signing if it was 750k.But for £2.5m I would of rather had one of Long/Graham/Maynard/Morison/CMS/Rodriguez[/quote]you''d be looking at double that for Long, Graham, and Maynard, and probably more for CMS.[/quote]that said, I would be quite happy with getting Long for over £5m as long as it wasn''t ridiculous. I think if Reading stay down, he''s a really classy player

£2.5m is quite cheap when you consider that Liverpool want £8m for N''Gog (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/05/27/liverpool-fc-david-ngog-can-go-but-only-for-8m-100252-28775444/)

£2.5m for me isn''t too much. When you consider his age, he could potentially be here for years, the best years of his career.

If he can score even 10 goals next year that might be enough to keep us up, with others chipping in.

Great signing! (If it goes ahead)

Given that £2.5m is likely to include some add ons such as city staying up then it may turn out to be a reasonable fee.

A pacey, young, hungry player with something to prove - fits the profile!

Lets hope he hits the net on a regular basis with the sensational Holt and Jackson. 

I think you can take the fee quoted with a pinch of salt to be fair. These things are normally always embellished in the media.

Decent player. Vaughn, Holt, Morison & Martin is looking a decent quartet for a shot at the prem. Interesting to see what the plans for Cody Mac are. I think he might be retained as the gamble card, see how he gets on against decent opposition the prem reserve league etc.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I think you can take the fee quoted with a pinch of salt to be fair. These things are normally always embellished in the media. Decent player. Vaughn, Holt, Morison & Martin is looking a decent quartet for a shot at the prem. Interesting to see what the plans for Cody Mac are. I think he might be retained as the gamble card, see how he gets on against decent opposition the prem reserve league etc.[/quote]

What happened to our most in-form striker at the end of the season - Simeon Jackson? Jesus. Still not sure about Martin - think he''ll find the pace of Prem tough going but still like to see him given a chance. Simeon is ahead of him though