Sign in to follow this  
judderman

Bid for Morison turned down, Morison asks to leave

[quote user="Ben "]£2 million? That''s quite a bit. Wouldn''t bid any higher than that.[/quote]

Why do people keep saying things like this..... We are premiership now - meaning premiership transfer fees/wages and agent fees. 2 million is nothing, and we will have to pay a little more to get him, maybe in add ons.

Pointless Millwall forcing him to stay when he has a chance (possibly the only one he''ll get?) to play in the Premiership.

Another factor is that Millwall probably aren''t that flush with funds given their lowish crowds for Championship level football so an overinflated (because we''re in the Premieship they know they can squeeze more out of us) fee will not be turned down!

We thought it was a certainty when CMS and Bennett handed in transfer requests and that didn''t happen. However, those were mid season when the teams involved had promotion to play for. It should be different with this one but I think Millwall will try and scalp us based on him signing a new contract in Feb. McNally might not be prepared to have them take the p***.

Could be a silly move by Morison. If Lambert wanted it to be known that we had made a bid he would have put it out there, doubt he will be very pleased by Morison confirming this. We know Lambert likes CMS and I doubt we''d be bringing in another 2 strikers so might this push us towards other options? Do we want someone that will go to the press when he doesn''t get his way?

[quote user="Mahogany"]Could be a silly move by Morison. If Lambert wanted it to be known that we had made a bid he would have put it out there, doubt he will be very pleased by Morison confirming this. We know Lambert likes CMS and I doubt we''d be bringing in another 2 strikers so might this push us towards other options? Do we want someone that will go to the press when he doesn''t get his way?[/quote]

Very good point.... sometimes it does not help by doing this and sometimes it does... But surely he must have taken advice before doing it?

Maybe it was between Vaughan and Morison? Who knows, but if we bring him here, I would be happy all the same. Can''t see him staying at Millwall now, seems weird he has been so open about it, but obviously he wants out!

Very few instances these days of players staying at clubs when they want to move on. Its all about the price. The Millwall boards seem resigned to him going and would be more than happy with £3m so the price is pretty close to our bid

27 Years old, only 2 years since he played for Stevenage.

I''m thinking that if he comes (which looks probable now) then Lambert is going to have to weave his magic on a player who in those 2 short years is making a big leap and will be expected to

make an impression in the Prem. That is a big ask,and not one that many people have done before. Over to you Paul..........

In Lambert we trust.

I can see us still getting Morison AND Makail-Smith since Lambert seems to rate both of them alot.

BUT

that would almost certainly mean the end of Johnson, Martin and Cody (unless they ALL go out on season-long loans?)

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]I can see us still getting Morison AND Makail-Smith since Lambert seems to rate both of them alot. BUT that would almost certainly mean the end of Johnson, Martin and Cody (unless they ALL go out on season-long loans?)[/quote]

we wont get morrison and cms. If one comes that leaves 4 strikers for two places wich is what is needed 2 players for each position. It will be one or the other. Vaughan holt jackson and one of cms or morrison may not have any meaningful prem experience but are just the type of players that have done so well for us. Lambert will bring them to their maximum potential!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The gap between mid premiership and top third of the championship has never been closer. Morrison is a fine striker in the Holt mode. He would be a fine aquisition. The squad Lambert is building will be far better than Blackpool who only went down by a couple of points. Many of these hungry championship players will make a positive impact in the premiership although clear the odd one will not[/quote]

Not sure that I totally agree with that.  Do you not think that we necessarily need anybody with Premiership level experience to survive?

[/quote]I don''t NO.In my opinion it is entirely possible to create a squad with limited experience in the league that they are playing in and still be successful in it.Of course it depends upon the quality of the individuals signed and how these are blended together to form a team/system of playing together that works.  Besides we already have a few players with limited Prem experience in Drury, Ward, Barnett, Surman and Vaughan etc.  Although many on here do not rate half of those players and appear to be living in lala land as how to create a winning SQUAD that is able to not only survive, but flourish at a higher level.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Did people laugh at holloway when he said dj campbell would get teh better of terry & vidic?

They are just 4 games out of 38; its the jagielkas and lower teams than that we need to score against.

All we need is one of vaughan or morison or whoever to have a good season and we are in with a shout; what no one knows is which of our signings or current squad will be the one.

Both these players have ability - lambert is giving himself options - whch is perfect[/quote]Very well said... spot on Zipper! [Y]

[quote user="City penguin"]

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]I can see us still getting Morison AND Makail-Smith since Lambert seems to rate both of them alot. BUT that would almost certainly mean the end of Johnson, Martin and Cody (unless they ALL go out on season-long loans?)[/quote]

we wont get morrison and cms. If one comes that leaves 4 strikers for two places wich is what is needed 2 players for each position. It will be one or the other. Vaughan holt jackson and one of cms or morrison may not have any meaningful prem experience but are just the type of players that have done so well for us. Lambert will bring them to their maximum potential!

[/quote]Those who are writing off Chris Martin do so at their peril also.  Martin is a young player with bags of class and ability and I am sure that he will have a part to play in some games next season.We will go with 5 strikers which will give us plenty of options and I reckon that we might see if we can get Pacheco back on loan to take the heat off Wes a little bit at the tip of the diamond maybe.

CMS is 27 and hasnt played at championship level yet so i think his chance with us has gone. Morrison is a straight replacement for Holt in the event of injury, suspension/loss of form. He has made his mark in the championship and deserves a go at the top flight. If we came down he would still have 3 or 4 season left in him to help us get back again

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[quote user="Ben "]£2 million? That''s quite a bit. Wouldn''t bid any higher than that.[/quote]

That was just my inital reaction would love to see him at Norwich. But sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board ..

Why do people keep saying things like this..... We are premiership now - meaning premiership transfer fees/wages and agent fees. 2 million is nothing, and we will have to pay a little more to get him, maybe in add ons.

[/quote]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]CMS is 27 and hasnt played at championship level yet so i think his chance with us has gone. Morrison is a straight replacement for Holt in the event of injury, suspension/loss of form. He has made his mark in the championship and deserves a go at the top flight. If we came down he would still have 3 or 4 season left in him to help us get back again[/quote]

he played in the champiosnhip for p''bro last season?

[quote user="Ben "][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote][/quote]

That was just my inital reaction would love to see him at Norwich. But sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board ..

[quote user="paul moy"]I hope we get him but I still hope that Cody will remain part of the squad.[/quote]

If we get Morison onboard our strikers list would be Holt, Martin, Wilbraham, Jackson, Vaughan, Morison, MacDonald, Johnson and Daley. I can only see Lambert naming five of those in the 25 man squad and my guess would be Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Jackson and Martin obviously. The rest will either be loaned out or sold.

I don'' know about Martin. I really rate him, but he needs to be playing games to fulfil his obvious potential and I don''t think he''s going to be getting many with us next season. How willing will he be to either play 5th choice or go on loan after being in the starting 11 for a season and a half? Maybe he needs to move on. He''d fetch a good price and we could get a nice sell-on clause too.

I hope we sign him because I really rate the lad.  He''s strong, he battles for every ball and he is a goalscorer.

I''m liking the look of our strike force now.  Holt and Morrison are two battlers and will both work so hard.  We then have Vaughan and Jackson with the pace which troubles any defender no matter how good they are.  And we then have Chris Martin who is a classy player and a great finisher who I''m sure if given the oppurtunity will also score a few goals even if they are from free kicks.  That is obviously presuming Wilbraham, Cody, Oli and Daley will be shipped out.

Martin being a great finisher is surely a myth after last season. I''d rather we keep Cody who is sharper, braver and quicker, scores, and deserves his chance.