Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Where's the money coming from for our summer signings?

I am probably being very dense here but where is the money coming from for our summer transfer dealings?

Now I know that most of our money will come from TV revenue over the course of the season.  But we do not receive this all at once and I don''t know when we receive the first installment?  But I wouldn''t have thought we would get it as soon as we ogt promotion.

Are we utilising short term loans?  I can''t realy think of any other alternative.  If we are not utilising short term loans and if we do not get the first installment much before the start of the season, where is the money coming from and more to point, will we be spending a lot less this summer than some people are assuming we will.

[:S][:^)]

Please don''t all laugh at once, getting my excuses in early, I didn''t get much sleep last night.

No football deal is as straight forward as it sounds. Payments are nearly always made in installments and subject to appearances/achievments etc. We may be getting bridging loans or something like that. Or is McNally is as clever as I think he is, we are more likely doing the deal with 1st installment to be paid upon receipt of some Sky money.

At the end of the day, the money is coming and its guaranteed so nobody in their right mind will think twice about given us credit.

I heard there was a big pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow in Beccles.  Go into the park and past the swings, and creep very quietly into the trees, so as not disturb the leprechauns, and you''ll see Delia, Bowkett, Mcnally and Lambert all dancing around and singing songs...

[:P]

Well its not as if we had no money anyway.

And i think you do get a lump sum at the beginning of the season. As far as i''m aware, most TV money goes to the FA to give out to the clubs. And this doesn''t happen during the season.

And like the first reply, its a very very small chance we paid £2.5 million for Vaughan straight off. Very few transfers are a one off payment, even if the whole fee is going to the club, its probably going to go in instalments.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

I heard there was a big pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow in Beccles.  Go into the park and past the swings, and creep very quietly into the trees, so as not disturb the leprechauns, and you''ll see Delia, Bowkett, Mcnally and Lambert all dancing around and singing songs...

[/quote]

Best post for ages.

[/quote]

Likely story, if it was true then surely Wes would have been there too

I believe we have negotiated a number of short term loans from Wonga.com, a bargain at an APR of 4214%[;)]

Transfer fees are paid in instalments, some as late as the player making an agreed number of appearances, or NC surviving in the Premiership after one season.

We are "guaranteed" up to £40m during the season, presumably also in instalment, from TV money, etc. PL has been promised all or most of this, although some will go to fund higher wages of present players and future signings.

The "guarantee" should mean that lender will look kindly at present cash-flow problems, if there are any.

Salopian, you just explained clauses, not instalments. You can still pay of transfer fees as if they were loans, with no clauses to meet...

[/quote]Sounds like they''ve been on the Ketamine again!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am probably being very dense here but where is the money coming from for our summer transfer dealings?

[/quote]Stephen Fry''s doing a "line up" at the Castle.

Err.....hello! Anyone heard of an overdraft! We are talking about a multi million pound business, our bank knows we will be getting tv money. i can''t see a problem.

I don''t think you''re being dense Slim. The "Premier League Millions" do come in dribs and drabs so to speak. We will also have promotion bonuses to pay and transfer fee add ons to settle. Last time we had to lay a new pitch if I remember rightly and this time there are millions due for loans payable on promotion to the Premier League. I''m not sure about short term loans and overdrafts for buying players. Often the really big signings by promoted teams are not made until January.

I reckon Vaughan is a great start though[Y]

Odd how we seem to be the only club promoted to the premier league over the past 20 years (?) who look to being having this problem.

Police cuts - will there be enough coppers available, if not will we have to cancel games ?

A lot of our chants were based around us going up (promotion), what will happen to them now we are up ? Have we any new chants ?

We only have 19 home games, what will happen to all the pies we order ? Will Delia decide to buy less, maybe a note in a milk bottle left by the Main Stand door ? Actually do we have milk bootles anymore ?

If we sign any foreign players will they get paid in euros or pounds ? And what happens when the exchange rate goes up .. or even down, Have the club thought about that, I doubt ?

maybe we should have stayed where we were

It''s a nice problem to have though don''t you think?

That''s what worries me about all these lovely old posts about being a yoyo club. Going back down isn''t such a nice problem to have. Promoted sides do not neccessarily go straight back down. Only Blackpool from last season and that was on the final day.

[/quote]

I wondere''d what all that noise was, disturbing me from my golf,

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

Likely story, if it was true then surely Wes would have been there too

[/quote]

Wes was there; he''d be included in the Leprechauns bit?