Sign in to follow this  
cundyno1

Villa Release 10 Players

Reo-Coker and Carew among the list im sure either player would do a job for us. Both with Prem experience and i guess would both fall under the "hunger" category as both have something to prove.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]Carew and Reo-Coker too expensive. Rest sh ite[/quote]Carew is probably bit expensive, but I doubt Reo-Coker is too expenseive. Hasn''t PL said his wage limit would be 50,000. There aren''t really that many players on a 50,000+ wage i think. Only the upper-class and best players (no medium players)

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="O.T.B.C"]Carew and Reo-Coker too expensive. Rest sh ite[/quote]Carew is probably bit expensive, but I doubt Reo-Coker is too expenseive. Hasn''t PL said his wage limit would be 50,000. There aren''t really that many players on a 50,000+ wage i think. Only the upper-class and best players (no medium players)[/quote]He said he wouldn''t be signing players on £50,000k a week, don''t read that as meaning he will be signing players on up to £50,000k. I think the Vaughan signing today shows exactly the kind of players Lambert will be going for.

Always felt that Reo coker was very ordinary just a journeyman at best. O''neill spent  well over £100,000,000 to assemble the Villa squad whose final league position concealed the harsh fact that yet again they''d finished the season not much more than a couple of wins above relegation. A team of big money nobodys the lot of them, Bannan being the only player at the club who might fit into our team (managers) ethos.

Never thought that Nigel Mediocre was a good footballer, and also heard some very poor reviews from pals who were season ticket holders at West Ham. Best avoided in my opinion.

I would rather us be focusing our attention on the Free Transfers available at West Ham.Matty Upson, Greeno and Jonathan Spector would well be worth looking at if we can get them to consider a pay-cut to remain playing Premiership football in my opinion.

[quote user="Smudger"]I would rather us be focusing our attention on the Free Transfers available at West Ham.

Matty Upson, Greeno and Jonathan Spector would well be worth looking at if we can get them to consider a pay-cut to remain playing Premiership football in my opinion.
[/quote]

Now that is someone I would like to see here.  Can play left mid, centre mid, left back.  He also seems to be young and hungry as well.  I would also love to have Upson here but I''ll pass on Green.

Can''t say I''d be too fussed about Upson. Has never been any better than a lower level Premier League defender. He''s been poor this season and he''s got no pace. I''d have him in the squad if he wasn''t getting paid silly money.

Green is a good ''keeper but needs his confidence rebuilt after the way Capello and Terry hung him out to dry.

Spector is a handy/versatile player.

Reo-Coker, hell no! Fortunately, as he seems to be a footballer with a hugely inflated opinion as to his worth and ability, he will feel the same way about us!

But agree with the calls on Spector, good player.

Reo-coker is a highly skillful player, he may have gone off the rails a bit, but a manger like Lambert could quite easily put him back in his box, he could be a worthwhile assest with the right wages

After the way he "fell out" with Martin O''Neil, I wouldn''t have thought Lambo would be interested.

[quote user="GJP"]

Can''t say I''d be too fussed about Upson. Has never been any better than a lower level Premier League defender.

[/quote]

Isn''t that what we should realistically be expecting over these next few years. I for one would be pretty damn pleased if we could maintain ourselves as a lower level premier league team and build from there.