Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Norwich players on Twitter

Having slagged twitter off for the last 3 years Ive actually come to realsie its quite handy!

So far I have McNally, Holt, Pacheco and now Vaughan. Are there any others I can follow? Thanks

Hucks mcveigh and eadie are on there,and soon as well. I''m sure ruddys on there as well actually.

I follow Darren Huckerby (hucks6dh6) - he''s good as he''s allowed to say what he likes without having to think about his career with the club.According to Hucks, Holt is no longer on Twitter, and the person who is (GHolt9), is an imposter.Stephen Fry has even been known to Tweet the odd NCFC message too!

[quote user="Gamera"]Hucks mcveigh and eadie are on there,and soon as well. I''m sure ruddys on there as well actually.[/quote]

By soon I meant dion. Didn''t know about grant being a fake. That gives the impression someone took over his account, or has it always been a fake?

The GHolt9 has always been a twitter imposter. If you are not sure about a footballer, a family pic often means it''s a genuine account as only the real person would have that.

Current full time Norwich players have slowly drifted away from twitter, I''ve a feeling it''s on instructions from ''Management''. I think this maybe confirmed if James Vaughan leaves.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Current full time Norwich players have slowly drifted away from twitter, I''ve a feeling it''s on instructions from ''Management''. I think this maybe confirmed if James Vaughan leaves.[/quote]

Looks like it and quite frankly I think it''s the right decision. Twitter is evil.

None of the current NCFC team are on Twitter. Pacheco''s account remains, and James Vaughn is on there too, but expect him to disappear soon. If you''re following any of the current team then they''re fake accounts.Hucks, Eadie, Gary Holt, McVeigh and D-Dubs are all on there though, as is McNally...

It''s a pity because it''s a great way to give encouragement and thanks to the lads and get a slight insight into things that you wouldn''t usually hear about (like when Ruddy mentioned that he wasn''t impressed that after we beat Bristol City, Dec asked to swap shirts with David James and he refused because he was grumpy at the defeat).

You can also see why clubs discourage it. It gives far too much licence to abuse players from behind a keyboard that people wouldn''t dare do if they saw the players in person. Gabbidon of West Ham was someone I followed and he was a genuine nice guy, always talking after games and apologising for any mistakes he or the team made. But with such openness comes vulnerability and after copping some prolonged abuse he ended up telling someone to "get *******" and picked up a massive fine for his trouble.

Holty chose to leave after opposition fans gave him grief but it didn''t stop there. I ended up having a blazing row with some idiot claiming to be a City fan who replied to Holty''s tweet thanking fans for their support when he got a late winner, with "Well done. But stop the diving hey" Some people have no idea of the power of words and he couldn''t see why his comments could be massively divisive and unhelpful to the club. I know Holty''s a big boy and it''s unlikely he paid too much attention, but to get a comment like that from a "supporter" after such a wonderful effort and result must have felt like a bit of a kick in the proverbials. And this little twerp would never have said that to Holty had he seen him in the street.

Twitter''s great but for public figures it''s dangerous.

McNally is a good follow because you often learn early if there''s an announcement pending, although he generally only posts semi-official statements or comments. Hucks says what he thinks but he never responds to anybody who replies to him unless it''s an ex-teammate. Dani Pacheco is great on Twitter and seems to understand what he can and can''t say fairly well but comes across as a lovely lad. Henri Lansbury uses it for banter with his mates and rarely talks football or responds to fans. McNamee is on there as well but never tweets. Ruddy was good but hasn''t tweeted in ages so I suspect that he''s deleted his account. Vaughan has been someone I''ve followed for a while and he''s a good, active tweeter who joins in with an opinion or two but doesn''t say anything stupid or get himself involved in arguments so it''d be sad to see him stop.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

I have Andrew Surman on there! and he posts a few photos too..!

[/quote]

What is his username then so I can add him?

The real Surman?

Because there was/is one who was fake, when Holt and Ruddy had it. And i think it was Hucks who confirmed it wasn''t real, maybe Holt. But he carried on insisting he was the real Surman.

People following footballers on Twitter... honestly Get a Life!!!Unless you have a specific reason outside of the football to do it and you know that the account is genuine then what is the point exactly?

The OP - your NCFC shirt designs are absolutely awesome.  Let''s hope the club have seen them as they would sell thousands!

An interest in other people''s lives Smudger...

Have you seen the number of follows people like Lady Gaga have on their? People just want to know things, its the only reason the Media exists in the way it does today.

Twitter doesn''t actually take much effort, ok people on twitter/facebook for hours each day are taking it too far, but its really not hard to check them, even when your out.

[quote user="Pabs"]The OP - your NCFC shirt designs are absolutely awesome.  Let''s hope the club have seen them as they would sell thousands![/quote]

Not my designs, but I agree, they do look classy. I think it would be a real statement by the club to have Adidas or Nike manufacture the clubs kit.