Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Interesting reading . . . . . . . .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6956939,00.html

Now this is obviously transfer talk but the bit that interests me is this:

''Norwich boss Paul Lambert is determined to enhance his striking options ahead of next season having already signed former England Under-21 international James Vaughan from Everton for a fee that could rise to £2.5million.''

So we haven''t paid £2.5million for Vaughan. Add on for things like appearances, goals and prem survival.

With Morison, I wonder if we are offering money plus a player - Johnson perhaps?

If we get him as well, at 6''1, I would guess that gives us Holt, Morison, and Wibraham as the target men, Martin, Jackson and Vaughn as the little men.

Cody, Johnson and Daley to go.

Six strikers would be about right in my mind, you need to have more to ensure form and cover for injuries. The advantage with Martin is that he can play wide if necessary and gives us something different rather than just speed.

I think in today''s Pinkun it said £1.5m which is probably more like it.

I keep forgetting about Wilbraham! I only really see us using Holt, Jackson and Vaughan so far next season. I like Oli and Martin still has potential but I think they were on the fringes even last year. Wilbraham, Oli and Martin to go and another striker to come in to act as cover/pressure on Mr Holt

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I think in today''s Pinkun it said £1.5m which is probably more like it.

I keep forgetting about Wilbraham! I only really see us using Holt, Jackson and Vaughan so far next season. I like Oli and Martin still has potential but I think they were on the fringes even last year. Wilbraham, Oli and Martin to go and another striker to come in to act as cover/pressure on Mr Holt[/quote]We are gonna let Wilbraham go. Do you really think we are going to have a player in the 25 man squad who is not even Championship standard?

This is starting to nark me a bit.

Martin was the prefered 2nd striker for most of last season - why on earth is he going to go when he is probably the most technically able striker we have? Unless we get a good offer in I think he will stay, he can play the Hoolahan role if needed.

Cody is more likely to go.

Was looking at a Millwall message board and they were saying they should try to get a million or 2 + either Holt or Jackson, almost signed up just to point out how ridiculous that was.

The Guardian was saying the deal for Vaughan was 1.5+1 based on appearances.

But yeah I think there''s scope to use a few players a part exchange, especially Cody or maybe C.Martin.

sounds good sense re Vaughan to be honest Chicken, He is injury prone.. If he never plays the games and never scores the goals we dont part with the money.. sound sense from the club for a player who could be seen as "risk"

Thank god we didn''t loan them Cody as part of the deal, I''d hate another season of "Bring back Cody!"

I''m looking forward to another season of  ''guess who scored again''. I just hope it is for us this time !!  [:D] 

I think Wilbraham will do the same as what Oli Jonhson done this season -

He''ll start the season with us but when hes not featured much, he''ll be loaned out to a League 1 club!

Chris Martin I won''t expect to feature much next season but he''ll be more than useful squad player!

As well as Morrison I ope we get Mackail Smith and Pacheco as well and sell Johnson!

I''m with Chicken, I think that Chris martin has a lot of potential and that the tip of the diamond role is the best position for him. I think that he would score plenty from this position.

Chris Martin does have a lot of potential but he doesn''t deliver regularly enough.  Plus I''m sure his off field antics have got up Lambert''s nose a bit.

I expect that he might be offered as a makeweight in any deals Lambert does

Rediculous.

His off the field antics were prior to his being loaned out to Luton, so far as I am aware he has not been in as much trouble since.

As for delivering regularly enough, we did better with him in the team all the way up to just after christmas. He gives more to the game than just goals. He is a far better class of player than Jackson - but has just not had the form he needs.

If he goes I will be sad to see him go because he is a very well rounded player, he is no pushover and links play well.

It''s just a shame that people can''t see pass the goals column and actually watch off ball movement etc.

[quote user="chicken"]Rediculous. His off the field antics were prior to his being loaned out to Luton, so far as I am aware he has not been in as much trouble since. As for delivering regularly enough, we did better with him in the team all the way up to just after christmas. He gives more to the game than just goals. He is a far better class of player than Jackson - but has just not had the form he needs. If he goes I will be sad to see him go because he is a very well rounded player, he is no pushover and links play well. It''s just a shame that people can''t see pass the goals column and actually watch off ball movement etc.[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12535917