Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

SWANSEA or READING???

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Reading for me. I want to see whether Swansea would then challenge the FA over the QPR cop out.

[/quote]

Same here.  I want to see justice !!

I think Swansea have played the more acttractive football this season, but it will be interesting to see if there are any players we bid for from the losing team?

Firstly, I believe Swansea are the better team. From a Norwich point of view, I would feel far more comfortable going up against Reading next season rather than Swans, who I believe could surprise a few people next season if they go up.

If Swans go up, geographically they are out on a limb, far more than what we are in Norwich. Therefore players who they may wish to by alongside us, I would feel we would have a better chance of persuading them over Swansea. They may have a job to tempt decent players to deepest, westest Wales!

If Reading go up, geographically they would probably have one up on us in terms of players who they could attract. London based players, like Morison, could go to them instead of us as less likely they would need to uproot far. One plus side if Reading go up is that I think they will lose Shane Long anyway, which would make them far weaker next season.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Reading for me, can''t stand the thought of having a welsh team in the English PL[/quote]I take it you managed to cope with two Welsh teams in the English Championship OK?I can''t recall any of these anti Welsh comments the last tine Swansea were in the top flight. There is an English team in the Scotish Football League, does that upset you? What about Welsh Man Utd and Liverpool fans? Should we allow them to support an English team?

Again banana is the last person who should be talking about national identity and pride considering he supported HOLLAND in the world cup...

THat English team in the Scottish leagues...is that berwick rangers...be a good pub quiz question that!

Swansea for me too, they deserve it and how anyone can want reading after what happened at their place this season is beyond me

Swansea will probably win - lovely football to watch. I would much prefer Reading though next season. I think we''ll beat them twice, I don''t rate their manager as highly as Swansea''s and I''d rather like to bid for Dyer and sign Borini. True, we could go Long and Kebe, but I don''t see those two coming off as easily.

Finally - the M4 will be chocka on matchdays and I''d prefer that didn''t happen - come on Reading!

I hope Reading but that''s purely because I think they will be less of a threat next season and they are also Welsh. But if we were a side gunning for Europe every season I''d probably want Swansea as they play total football.

It is too close to call, but whatever happens I can''t wait for tomorrow, as that would mean all issues are settled (apart from if anyone wants to challenge the QPR thing) and we can look forward to players actually signing.

As has been said, there are players from both sides I would like here, so it''s going to narrow down that speculation at least. Who knows, PL might not sign anyone from either side.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I hope Reading but that''s purely because I think they will be less of a threat next season and they are also Welsh. [/quote]

Hmm, somebody must have moved the border while I was asleep. Last time I looked Reading was in Berkshire.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I hope Reading but that''s purely because I think they will be less of a threat next season and they are also Welsh. But if we were a side gunning for Europe every season I''d probably want Swansea as they play total football.[/quote]

Sorry, I actually didn''t understand a word of that!

Draw after 90 mins after Stev, Barca and P''Boro wins £85 thank you

Christ sorry Kiwi mate it''s not like I used text speak.

I ment that if I was a supporter of a top 6 club I would want Swansea to go up due to them playing the closest thing for a long time to "total football", which was so effective for the Dutch side of yester year.

And I had a very hard self inflicted night last night so that''s why I accidently said Reading was in Wales. [;)]

Swansea for me, best side I saw last season (City aside of course).

And a red card for the cheat that is Ian Harte would be very nice thank you!!!

Gonna be a cracker of a match I feel. 2 of the v.best teams in this league. My heart says 2-0 to Reading but my head tells me it will be a lot closer than that so.....

Mt prediction is: 2-2 (Reading to win 4-3 on pens) ;)

Well, I''ve predicted all of this weekend''s results so far being :

Barca Win

Stevenage Win

Peterborough Win

... so it just has to be a Reading Win !!  [:D]

just got my £5 stake back that i had on russel martin last night, stuck it on a 3-1 reading victory at 20-1, come on reading