Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Ok, so Reading players?!

Looks like Reading will be tryin to hang on to the best players now. I thought Kebe was superb against us, also Matt Mills werent bad. Shane Long may be out of our reach.

Kebe and Long are both probably like to invite a bidding war, and we willnot be able to match the big spenders.

If Reading beat Swansea, then neither will want to move, I fancy.

Why do people think just because they have not gone up via play-off final we will suddenly target their players? Not gonna happen. Lambert won''t be poaching players for that reason, he will already have n his head his targets. Whoever loses this won''t change a thing!!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Why do people think just because they have not gone up via play-off final we will suddenly target their players? Not gonna happen. Lambert won''t be poaching players for that reason, he will already have n his head his targets. Whoever loses this won''t change a thing!![/quote]

Yes, it would!

If a team goes up players are unlikely to want a move away from that team, especially for one on an equal footing. The team that misses out however, are a lot more likely to have players wishing to leave if bids come in for them as they have a chance at Prem football.

Ca''t see us getting any of their players but for sake of the convo......

Federici I like as a gk usually.

Mills is decent

Karacan is decent

Kebe is ace

McAnuff is decent

Long is superb

Otehr than that they can keep the rest!!

[quote user="Mervmeister"] Whoever loses this won''t change a thing!![/quote]Wrong, for Reading (if they lose) now everything changes. Kebe and Long will be gone before the start of next season. If they win they might keep them but looks very unlikely now.

I think Long will go win or lose today.Probably already brokered a deal with a prem team a few weeks before today - Liverpool being the strong rumour up here.

My point for a while now, CMS over him all day for me. However we will prob get neither!!!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Ca''t see us getting any of their players but for sake of the convo...... Federici I like as a gk usually. Mills is decent Karacan is decent Kebe is ace McAnuff is decent Long is superb Otehr than that they can keep the rest!![/quote]

Kebe looks good when running forward at pace but has poor awareness, can''t cross, doesn''t track back and lacks control.

[quote user="natncfc"]My point for a while now, CMS over him all day for me. However we will prob get neither!!![/quote]Why CMS over Long?

Out of the lot I would only have Long, even if he didn''t feature much. The rest aren''t good enough for the Premiership. It was just down to lack of service he didn''t feature much today. I do think we could sign him and compete with the big clubs for him.

Mills is off to Bolton-he''ll replace Cahill.

Kebe is fast and direct and frightening for any defence, but if his final ball was anything to go by this afternoon....?

Long might make it in the Prem but they aren''t gasping for cash so he''d cost a lot of money. Besides, if someone like us goes in for any of their players, the mantra they''re going to be given is "why move, we might be swapping places with them in 12 months". We will, undoubtedly, keep some of our money back for January, and, depending on how we are doing then, players might be more tempted at that stage if we look like we''ll stay up, than right now.

A lot won''t want all the aggro of moving and settling at another club and in another area if they might have to do it all again in a year-thats how they''ll be thinking-and if they want to leave a Champ club now to play in the Prem, they''ll sure as hell leave us if they think we''re going to be anything near to being a Champ club again ourselves.

Where-as someone like Vaughan has, I would hope, signed with a bigger picture in mind.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Mills is off to Bolton-he''ll replace Cahill.

Kebe is fast and direct and frightening for any defence, but if his final ball was anything to go by this afternoon....?

Long might make it in the Prem but they aren''t gasping for cash so he''d cost a lot of money. Besides, if someone like us goes in for any of their players, the mantra they''re going to be given is "why move, we might be swapping places with them in 12 months". We will, undoubtedly, keep some of our money back for January, and, depending on how we are doing then, players might be more tempted at that stage if we look like we''ll stay up, than right now.

A lot won''t want all the aggro of moving and settling at another club and in another area if they might have to do it all again in a year-thats how they''ll be thinking-and if they want to leave a Champ club now to play in the Prem, they''ll sure as hell leave us if they think we''re going to be anything near to being a Champ club again ourselves.

Where-as someone like Vaughan has, I would hope, signed with a bigger picture in mind.

[/quote]I get what you''re saying but don''t agree at all really with the theory that players won''t want to go to the Premier League with us because we may go down in 12mths - not at all. A footballer''s career is so short compared to other professions and they know it only takes one good season to make it or one season to wreck it. If they wait 12mths who says they''ll go up with their current team after 12mths/get an offer from another Prem team again/perform well in the Champ again?It only takes one half decent season for anyone in the Prem and you''ve got a good chance of being bought by another team even if your first team gets relegated. Players will always leave in the hope they''ll make it in the Prem and ''secure their future'' etc etc