Sign in to follow this  
pete

South Wales or East Anglia?

Where would you rather live? posters on here EA I guess, but what if you are a player being courted by Swansea or NCFC.

We are likely to be after similar standard players, only one winner I can see there. Whereas Reading a more pleasant area located near London might have been a draw.

Even with the benefit of canary tinted specs, I would have to say you would need to be a certified loony to rate Swansea as a better place to live and work than Norwich.

Problem is Swansea is quite good for road links and most people go to Norwich on the A11.Its a no-brainer for me, but other people might see it different.

[quote user="NWC"]Problem is Swansea is quite good for road links and most people go to Norwich on the A11.

Its a no-brainer for me, but other people might see it different.
[/quote]

Swansea is not that good for road links at all. It''s quicker to get from Norwich to Central London for instance.

Also with the money they would earn they wouldn''t exactly be living in a slum would they. So anywhere they play you''d expect them to be in a good area.

I''d still pick East Anglia though, but i''m biased.

I believe I am qualified for this one. I lived near both and can tell you that some of the areas around Langland, Oxwich and Gower are the most beautiful coastlines in Britain with amazing properties. The women are very nice too in many cases. I love East anglia and Norwich is in my heart and I''d love to live when I retire near where I was born. However my sit on the fence answer is.....they are both of equal appeal to a footballer I feel. Isolated to many extents, yet with a busy (and quite insular) nightlife in the city. Areas of immense natural beauty and salt of the Earth people. Norwich''s closer proximity to London may swing it for some, or may put some off!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="NWC"]Problem is Swansea is quite good for road links.[/quote]oh dear.[/quote]Its 3 miles from a motorway - err I think that means it has good road links!!

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="NWC"]Problem is Swansea is quite good for road links.[/quote]oh dear.[/quote]Its 3 miles from a motorway - err I think that means it has good road links!![/quote]Ah yes the two lane M4 motorway.... admittedly very handy for the Road Chef at Pont Abraham services, Port Talbot and just a short eight hour return journey for a night out in London. Motorway or not, Swansea is as far from London as Darlington is from Norwich.

Problem is, East Anglia is a closed book to many people - they think it''s all canals and barge holidays. You have to live there to appreciate its diversity and its lovely climate. The latter is particularly good, speaking as someone who has just relocated back oop North and has had to endure 3 weeks of cold, wet weather :-(

Spot on Canarino. I miss the hazy hedgerow summers I remember as a kid. I lived oop North for 20 years and its damn wet and damn cold.

As they say about the old Trafford cricket ground, if you can''t see the Pennines it''s raining, if you can see the Pennines it''s about to rain.