Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Nathan Tyson

Not renewing his contract this summer, he claims Nottingham were disrespectful in how the contract extension offer was made through the post rather than a phone call or meeting, cant say i blame him in all honesty.I think he is quite a good player, been played out of position for Forest most of the season. Anyone got any views on him and if he could make the step up to the Prem. He could be a relatively cheap striker option while also offering cover for the wings? I would be tempted to offer him a 2 year contract, if he doesn''t make it in the Prem, loan him out to the Champ or keep him as a squad player and if we get relegated he can defiently do a job in the Championship, if we stay up, sell him and buy bigger and better!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6959404,00.html

In my opinion he isn''t up to it. I''d certianly not want him here. Would prefer Lewis MCgugan if taking someone from Forest.

No, I know a lot of Forest fans and all of them say that he has loads of pace but no end product

Having Usain Bolt in your side is okay if he can hit barn door, but Tyson can''t. He''s not good enough for Forest he''s definatelty not good enough for us.

McGugan is a really good shout IMO.

Aswell as McGugan wouldn''t mind seeing Luke Chambers and Lee Camp come here from Forest

I''ll echo what people have said above, my best mate is a Forest fan and I''ve seen quite a bit of Tyson over the past few years. Plenty of pace, zero end product.

No thanks.

All my mates are Forest fans and they aren''t at all fussed about this. Also, McGugan, he had a bright start to the season and scored some absolute belters but after December he was non-existent and most Forest fans thought Majewski should have been in ahead of him. Although, he has obvious potential and very young so would be worth a shot. Forest got to where they are because of their defensive contingent of Morgan, Chambers & Camp.If I could take one of their players it would be Chambers (Forest POTS) , the lad is quality and would go straight into our starting eleven (in my opinion) and if not provide some much needed competition in the defensive department as he can RB as well as  CB. [Y]

[quote user="priceyrice"]Not renewing his contract this summer, he claims Nottingham were disrespectful in how the contract extension offer was made through the post rather than a phone call or meeting, cant say i blame him in all honesty.
I think he is quite a good player, been played out of position for Forest most of the season. Anyone got any views on him and if he could make the step up to the Prem. He could be a relatively cheap striker option while also offering cover for the wings? I would be tempted to offer him a 2 year contract, if he doesn''t make it in the Prem, loan him out to the Champ or keep him as a squad player and if we get relegated he can defiently do a job in the Championship, if we stay up, sell him and buy bigger and better!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6959404,00.html
[/quote]

I know the importance of forward planning but, more than two months before the start of the season, should we really be talking about relegation? All thoughts need to be positive on how we are to become the next Bolton or Stoke.

Good points above, he prob wouldn''t cut it with us and at 29, he really needs to have done a bit better than how he has done at Forest. I agree about Camp, would take him back any day of the week, did not once have that dreadful game against us where he conceded some stupid goals, one of which he went on a mini run with the ball, lost it way out of his area and then got lobbed? Maybe he has a soft spot for us!! Rumours seem to be he is off to a bigger club than us. Webbo i agree, was just looking to start a debate and look at his potential value from all angles, i am sure it plays apart in the clubs thinking though when buying a player- buy someone young and hopefully if he doesn''t do great you still have a nice resale value, buy someone old who flops and you are going to struggle to move them on for any fee. I genuinely believe we can establish ourselves as a prem team under the management at the moment, as i am sure a lot of City fans do, a lot more than when we went up with Worthington

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

In my opinion he isn''t up to it. I''d certianly not want him here. Would prefer Lewis MCgugan if taking someone from Forest.

[/quote]Agree with this [Y] McGugan is the only player from Forest who would improve our team!As for Tyson, we have two strikers who are ten times better than him in Simeon and Vaughan.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Agree with this [Y] McGugan is the only player from Forest who would improve our team!

As for Tyson, we have two strikers who are ten times better than him in Simeon and Vaughan.
[/quote]

Wouldn''t mind Gunter as well.