Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Favourite goal this season and why

For the sake of being a little less obvious I''d say Grant Holt''s last minute winner at Scunthorpe way back in August was special.  Obviously at the time we went a bit mental, but little did the 1,100 or so of us who were there that day know that would set the tone for what was to follow.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]For the sake of being a little less obvious I''d say Grant Holt''s last minute winner at Scunthorpe way back in August was special.  Obviously at the time we went a bit mental, but little did the 1,100 or so of us who were there that day know that would set the tone for what was to follow.
[/quote]

I''ll never forget that goal! I remember sitting on the top row right next to the stairs, and end up half way down the stand! I went mental, simillar to Rusty vs Gillingham away last year in the 98th minute. For the best goal (not for what it meant/crowds reaction etc but for pure skill and finish) it''d have to be Crofts at Barnsley. What a goal that was! Wesi''s was special at CR vs Leicester (I think anyway)...

So many late goals, the 1p5wich ones (both home and away), Jacko at Pompey, Jacko v Derby but gonna say Holt''s winner against Reading after what had happened at their place

Can''t decide between the following:Crofts vs Barnsley (A): One of the most technically brilliant goals I have ever seen. It had everything you could''ve wished power, placement and it was a very difficult chance to take but damn did he take it well! This is the stand out goal in my mind.My other choice would be Adam Drury''s vs Leicester (H): One of the most beautifully constructed goals this season (Hoolahan''s pass was sublime) it was made all the better by the man who scored it. It was superbly well taken and the crowd gave an extra large cheer of elation as our clubs (current) longest servent tucked it home.

Have to agree with Simeons goal against Derby. Simply for The importance, the reaction (players & supporters), and sheer euphoria in carrow road. It was also the only game I managed 2 get 2 this year due 2 distance, health, and family commitments. So much more fantastic in real life than over premium tv lol. How proud we all are of our heroes.

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]Have to agree with Simeons goal against Derby. Simply for The importance, the reaction (players & supporters), and sheer euphoria in carrow road. It was also the only game I managed 2 get 2 this year due 2 distance, health, and family commitments. So much more fantastic in real life than over premium tv lol. How proud we all are of our heroes.[/quote]

It was also worth it''s weight in gold to see the reaction of Warnock and the QPR fans having their on pitch celebrations halted !!!

As well as all the others above, I''d throw in Lansbury''s goal against Brizzle City at home, just at a time when it looked like we were only going to draw a game we''d dominated.

[quote user="The Young Ones"]Jackson''s goal at Portsmouth as that was the goal which got us promoted.
[/quote]same here!!!

I have to agree with Jacko at Pompy.

Not only was it a well crafted goal and a good finish, but I just can''t get enough of Fox''s reaction after the ball hits the back of the net. Just shows the team spirit we have at this club, fantastic stuff!

Must admit there are some great goals mentioned already but one of my favs is Jackon''s against Swansea to make it 2-0.  There was a chap behind us who hated Jackson from the start and kept abusing him, when he put that one away we just turned and smiled at him whilst going mental.

Leroy Lita''s v cardiff lol

JOking aside, I''d have to go jackson v pompey away I was right behind the goal...the whole day was just amazing

Wes''s versus Ipswich at home with his deft chip showed that he has great composure and is an exceptional player. Too many players would just belt the ball into the goalie sqaundering the chance. Also, Pacheco''s last goal stands out for me with the clever way he beat the defender.

Have to agree with the two that have already said Holt''s winner vs Reading. Sweet enough after being robbed at their place but made all the better as it was Harte that didn''t notice Holt coming in to tuck it away

[quote user="paul moy"]Wes''s versus Ipswich at home with his deft chip showed that he has great composure and is an exceptional player. Too many players would just belt the ball into the goalie sqaundering the chance. Also, Pacheco''s last goal stands out for me with the clever way he beat the defender.[/quote]

Come on, surely it has to be one of Cody''s.

For me it''s got to be Jackson''s injury time winner against Derby, their have been so many moments which you could argue were season defining but that one stood out above the rest for me.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Wes''s versus Ipswich at home with his deft chip showed that he has great composure and is an exceptional player. Too many players would just belt the ball into the goalie sqaundering the chance. Also, Pacheco''s last goal stands out for me with the clever way he beat the defender.[/quote]

Come on, surely it has to be one of Cody''s.

[/quote]

Actually, I was tempted to mention a couple. If you watch the video of his goals there are at least a couple of individualistic eye-openers, rather than the run-of-the-mill tap-ins you see from CMS. I''ll let you work out which ones I mean.

Wes scoring the 4th against the scum at home, i almost fell into the next row of seats lol, what a player he is and will be the prems answer to Messi..