Sign in to follow this  
judderman

Peter Whittingham linked

He''s a good player, scores and assists a lot, but I''m not quite sure where he''d fit in. A good squad player perhaps to give Surman and/or Hoolahan competition?Apparently a bit lazy, doesn''t like tracking backhttp://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Norwich-want-Cardiff-s-Peter-Whittingham-and-Millwall-s-Steve-Morison-article741721.html3 goals in a youtube playlist:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWz_7pfn3o&playnext=1&list=PL2C998E876E5399C8

would be a top signing but can''t see us getting him for 1m he is cardiffs best player, if we get him for that we have well and truly ripped cardiff off.

I''d be delighted with Whittingham, Been doing the business in the championship for a few years now and fits the Lambert signing mould well, hungry and deserves a chance at premier league football

There is Whiz but the chances of Ronaldo, Messi or even Ashley Young coming here is very slim!

If Cardiff are flogging Whittingham for £1m, I would rip their arm off!

If the 1million is true, I''d take him for that!

I think there could well be something in this one. He strikes me as a lambert kind of player and he plays on the left but could work in a diamond. If we''re not getting Lansbury back there''s no doubt we''re short a midfielder.

I fully expect us to sign a midfielder such as whittingham / Lansbury and also a pacey winger or two - need to be able to switch to 442 if needs be - not sure we can at the moment.

I''ve always rated Wittingham and I would love him to sign.  There''s probably not a better left foot in the Championship.  I can''t see Cardiff letting him go for just £1m though, that would be an absolute steal!

Seemed as though someone posted last night on a Cardiff message-board that he had inside info. that Whittingham was going to sign for us, the next day the papers are also reporting it, so it seems that it could be possible; hoping it is

Oh so very very sorry............please can you ever forgive me?

Or can you just get stuffed?

Top scorer from midfield two seasons ago, solid if unspectacular this season, for a million thats a steal.

[quote user="Largey"]Top scorer from midfield two seasons ago, solid if unspectacular this season, for a million thats a steal.[/quote]

apparently he has been playing out of position this season to accomodate Bellamy which is why he has probably been seen to be not in the same form as last season but even so, as you say still a solid season for him even when playing out of position and for a million pound, a bargain if true

I''m not sure if he played with an injury but he made 50 appearances for Cardiff last season. Does anybody know what his contact situation is? If he''s being quoted at 1m I can''t see him having more than a year. Definitely the right sort of player for me. Would love to see him here.

mtv.. you are undoubtedly one of sweetest bon bons in the jar but why are you always so aggressive? For someone who likes to take the moral high ground you do let yourself down a lot.

Me..... I''m still chillin'' [H]

He came 13th in the Actim Index for what that''s worth. Between Sinclair and Bellamy... Maybe not such an average season after all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not sure if he played with an injury but he made 50 appearances for Cardiff last season. Does anybody know what his contact situation is? If he''s being quoted at 1m I can''t see him having more than a year. Definitely the right sort of player for me. Would love to see him here.

mtv.. you are undoubtedly one of sweetest bon bons in the jar but why are you always so aggressive? For someone who likes to take the moral high ground you do let yourself down a lot.

Me..... I''m still chillin'' [H]

[/quote]

according to Cardiff fans he signed a new contract this year

He did alysha. I just checked and it seems he signed a new contract last October whch ties him to Cardiff until 2013. As he was the Championship''s top scorer the previous season I would imagine the new contract was in line with that. So unless Cardiff are in real financial trouble I reckon it would take a big fee and really healthy contract to prize him away.

Pete.. you''re just a few seats in front of us in the Lower Barclay. I''ll find you next season[Y] If you saw an old codger with a crutch last season that was me[H]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I''ve trimmed out the Delia Outers, [/quote]

You really are living in cloud cuckoo land aren''t you? We are not going away however much you fantasise that we have.

[/quote]

Post of the year Crafty[Y]

There''s nothing more to be said.

Several papers/online sources reporting the link now. As mentioned above, with Jones out of the picture it could be more likely.

With 43 goals in 178 appearances for Cardiff, I would happily have Wittingham here, seems a good team player and a likely target of Lambo''s.

Would be a cracking addition and I agree with the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Man (who''s passing it on to yoooo-oooo-oooo-oooouuuu) that I''d put him in the team ahead of Surman.

Goal-scoring midfielders are priceless in any team and he''s not bad on the ball either

[quote user="alysha"]Seemed as though someone posted last night on a Cardiff message-board that he had inside info. that Whittingham was going to sign for us, the next day the papers are also reporting it, so it seems that it could be possible; hoping it is[/quote]Really?Hope Whittingham does sign as he is quality and like others say he would be an absolute steal for just £1 million.I think there might be something in it and am keeping my fingers crossed for us getting him on the left and Lewis McGugan on the right... with Morsion or another striker added to that equation, plus one more midfielder and a bit of strengh in depth at the back (including another keeper) and I think that Lambert would have built his dream team (or at least my dream team for next season).