Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

Mackail-Smith

watching the pboro huddersfield game, seriously questioning if this guy is good enough for the prem he should of had at least one goal this game, really should of had two, never worth 3 million in my opinion, i know he has been prolific at league one level, but he is no way going to be good enough for the prem, would take vaughan over this guy anyday of the week for the money.

Just logged on to say the same thing - you beat me to it.  May just be big game nerves (and its his last game for them) but he should have taken the first chance much quicker and cocked up the 2nd.  He wouldn''t score goals in the Premier League if this game is anything to go by.  On the plus side, he is very quick.

I would think with the signing of Vaughan that we have probably ended our interest anyway

He has missed two opportunities. The first one was a very good last ditch tackle, the second was bobbling all over the show and he was caught a bit on the hop. Probably should have done better, but was unlucky. He said before the match his strike rate is down to 1 in 3. In my book that means his next chance will probably see him on the score sheet. I think is a good player, although in my opinion that Little on the right has had a good game, seems quite tidy at the back and always seems to find himself with acres.

Oh dear, wait till he scores and everyone changes their minds again. He is quality and everyone knows it. Wasn''t Beckford a league 1 striker and not as prolific as CMS as I remember?

I wonder if he''s got that magic quality "potential"?He looks like a man playing at the top of his game. If that''s true, he doesn''t really look good enough.Vaughan, on the other hand, was really rated by Everton when he first played. Whether or not that ability can be reignited by Lambert we wil discover anon.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I wonder if he''s got that magic quality "potential"?

He looks like a man playing at the top of his game. If that''s true, he doesn''t really look good enough.
Vaughan, on the other hand, was really rated by Everton when he first played. Whether or not that ability can be reignited by Lambert we wil discover anon.

[/quote]

plus vaughan is 22 smith is 27 i think we really have caught a bargin with vaughan

I''ve never believed that he''s Prem class. We went after him in January only because we wanted reinforcements desperately for our promotion push. If we want a squad player that works hard then he is worth a punt but only at about 1 million IMO. Seriously, I''d back Cody to score more in the Prem.

I think he looks alright, hard worker who has some nice touches. He has missed two good opportunities but they weren''t gimmies by any means, the fact he was expected to score them shows that his normal level is high.I think he would be a good addition if we got him for the right money, I think Lambert is building a squad that has a chance of staying up but if we went down next year we would be ready for the Championship with quality to come straight back. I think it''s a good strategy and shows some long term planning that we just didn''t have last time...Helveg in the summer but waiting for January before picking up Deano. It''s been said before but what an exciting time for us.

Oh dear. The guy misses one chance and suddenly he''s not good enough. He''s been running around giving the Huddersfield defenders a lot to do, pace and works his socks off. Save for a brilliant last ditch block, he would have scored after 5 mins.

Sure, £3m+ is a gamble, but a lot of our signings this summer will be gambles I suspect.

If we get Morison that will be it for the strikers, we already have too many on the books and I can''t see more than 5 (Holt, Jackson, Vaughan, Martin and Morison) being named in the 25. Expect us to make a concerted effort to get Pacheco back here though as he will be under 21.

get over mackail smith, what did he do last year in the championship..... nothing!!, we''re shopping from a different list now

Well. a wicked deflection gets him a goal and it looks like ''boro are up.  Let''s let them keep him and sign him in January if he is doing ok in the Champs. [;)]

if we don''t sign him no doubt we''ll go down with the lowest points total ever... it''s 3rd division football he''s playing, good luck to the lad but he wont be coming to us.

sorry, cant agree, CMS has all attention, you dont get that if you are no good, oven chips is having a good game, thats it, CMS is coming to city, just you wait!!

Well, if he''s costing us 3m I hope it''s made up mostly of add-ons for goals and safety. I don''t think we''ll need to pay the bit for goals for a long time....

I think Huddesfield lack that little bit of experience. The first goal went in and their heads went down, despite until that point being the slightly better team. I think they''ll be a stronger unit for this defeat and I think Clarky will continue to do well by them.

[quote user="Green shorts"]sorry, cant agree, CMS has all attention, you dont get that if you are no good, oven chips is having a good game, thats it, CMS is coming to city, just you wait!![/quote]

no one is saying he is not a good player he is just not premiership class, you seem to be the only one of the opinion he is. dont get me wrong he works as hard as hell, his work rate is phenomal, but you need more then just that in the prem, lambert will sign players now who work rate is top notch and have a little more skill, eg vaughan and looks like morison, from what i seen i will take morison over smith anyday of the week. espcially as it looks like morison is going to be cheaper, our bid for 3 million was rejected your seriously suggesting he is worth more then that?

[quote user="paul moy"]McCann looks a better player than CMS IMO. [/quote]Yes, I agree.  If we were in the market for more midfielders we could do worse.

You dont know till he gets a chance to prove himself. Why cant he be prem class? If he isnt, then is any of our squad prem class? How many goals does he need to score before you class him as prem class? was dj cambell? was beckford when he was signed for everton? Is holt prem class? In lambert i trust and trust me, he was not willing to shell out 2.5 mil in march for a player he didnt think was going to make it next season.

I look forward to his arrival alot more than vaughans i am affraid, but i trust our boss. Why wouldn''t we?

I''ve been more impressed everytime I''ve seen him. Initially I thought we would be mad to pay £3 million. but whoever he goes to is going to have to stump up that kind of money.I certainly wouldn''t mind having him in our squad, he''s quick and eager and is a real handfull for defenders and at 27 has plenty left in the tank. I don''t think P,Boro would have been promoted without him so it was a good decision on their part to turn down our offer. Bring him in PL, you picked out another gem from the lower leagues.

[quote user="natncfc"]You dont know till he gets a chance to prove himself. Why cant he be prem class? If he isnt, then is any of our squad prem class? How many goals does he need to score before you class him as prem class? was dj cambell? was beckford when he was signed for everton? Is holt prem class? In lambert i trust and trust me, he was not willing to shell out 2.5 mil in march for a player he didnt think was going to make it next season. I look forward to his arrival alot more than vaughans i am affraid, but i trust our boss. Why wouldn''t we?[/quote]

i think you have just answered your own question really, considering lambert didnt increase his bid and we have bought one other striker and the other 99.9% sure the other is morison lambert is also of the opinion that he is not good enough, unless you think we will sign three strikers which i think is highley unlikely and would upset the squad

Thought he looked ace again today!! Yes missed 2 chances. Early one he shew great pace and did everything right, would have been goal if not for immense defending.

2nd chance he admiteed hmself he thrashed at, but he never let it bother him. Worked his socks off and for me would be best striker at this club.

People saying he aint good enough but some of those saying this want cody mac to be given a chance lol. You really think Cody would hit over 30 goals at League 1 level? lol

Be realistic guys, there arent gonna be many (if any) better strikers within our range, i''d take him in a heart beat.

Poss too late now we signed Vaughan tho as I think Lambert will want a player similar to Holt for his other striker signing (Morrison)