Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Why is it that everytime something of interest occurs...

...the server on this useless website crashes???With the news of Vaughan''s signing and the possible interest surrounding Steve Morison today, Archant''s wonderful technology hits a brick wall.  It is the same every time that we get some big news.  Isn''t it about time that Archant stepped in to the 21st Century???

This forum has always been flaky, even at the best of times. I''m thinking of getting that Archant message as my desktop background.

I was looking at the City news around 5.45pm and the response times were very slow. Other sites were ok.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I was looking at the City news around 5.45pm and the response times were very slow. Other sites were ok.[/quote]Same here Tim, it has been extremely slow all day.  When loading a page up, it is loading a post at a time and when trying to reply to a message it takes a few minutes for the page to load up.On top of that I have had the Archant page pop up once or twice.  I did like the sarcastic comment from the poster above, about her getting the Archant icon as her new screensaver! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tim Allman"]I was looking at the City news around 5.45pm and the response times were very slow. Other sites were ok.[/quote]Same here Tim, it has been extremely slow all day.  When loading a page up, it is loading a post at a time and when trying to reply to a message it takes a few minutes for the page to load up.On top of that I have had the Archant page pop up once or twice.  I did like the sarcastic comment from the poster above, about her getting the Archant icon as her new screensaver! [:D][/quote]I noticed it slow down when you posted this thead Smudger.As you say.. it''s probably the overload when something exciting happens.   [;)]

Perhaps if we all buy "I Just Can''t Get Enough" at £15 a pop, some of the profits can go into enhancing the online community.

Looking at it from a more optimistic point of view, it gives you all time to think a little first before you post.And get a cup of tea.And run the London Marathon.And dress up like Osama Bin Laden and run around Bournemouth.And come back again.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]The post and preview buttons at the top of the text box have never worked for me?[/quote]Same for me - in both Firefox and IE9.

Rumour is it''s only dead slow for those that are aboooosive and drawn to posting sexual matter. Boy, that Pete fellow is clever with his filtering. 

It took 15 minutes, after clicking on the log in icon, to actually log in. I am now waiting about 2 minutes for a page to load.

I use Firefox and have only just cleaned the system.

Very frustrating
Angry [:@]

Typical bloody woman.  Always cleaning things.

Get us a cup of tea while you''re in the kitchen.........

Still having problems with the slowness of pages loading. Anyone else experiencing the same problems?Can''t access my blog control page either; cue the silly comments.dylanisabaddog - you mean you don''t clean your computer system? [:O]Your cuppa got cold [;)]