Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Trolly Dash through championships best players

What a nice feeling for a club that has been hard up as long as i can remember having a bit of cash and a good manager who knows how to spend it. If only half the names being banded about come here we will have skimmed the cream off the championship.

Morrison would be a great signing and that deal and his reactionseem to be out in the open. I guess another £500 000 will probably seal the deal.

according to the Cardiff messageboard the Peter Whittingham story seems to have a lot of legs too. They are in a financial muddle and managerial cricis and view whittingham as their best remaining player and £1m being a cut price deal, which it would.

If these 2 come to fruition, brilliant then start on Leeds with Snodgrass. Who the other 3 or 4 targets are only PL knows

Totally agree. If someone had said we''d get in Snodgrass, Whitingham & Morrison and to a lesser extent, Vaughan. I''d have been chuffed to bits! Let''s just hope they all happen and then we can work on strengthening the defense, or at least increase competition for places throughout the squad and i think we''ll have a great chance of staying up. OTBC!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]McGugan for me also - Quality player. 2 others I like and have not really seen mentioned tho are Howson and Puncheon[/quote]

Howson wouldn''t leave Leeds for Norwich. He is born in Leeds brought up as a Leeds fan and is their captain. He would either go to a more established Premier League team if the right offer came in but would have though he''d stay at Leeds and try and get to the Prem with them.

Only just Champs but I would think Bennett is still on the radar as we lack pace throughout the team. If not, as an alternative, I would happily have Sinclair here if Swansea don''t go up.

McGugan would be a great addition. Personally I think Snodgrass would be the most important/influential player to bring in; look at his footwork - very, very tidy with an ability to draw his opponent and wrong foot him. Lionel Messi is the world''s best exponent of that skill and look what damage he can do.

We will need someone (apart from Wes) to unlock the opposition where it hurts - and Snodgrass ticks all the boxes. Another plus is he speaks Glaswegian.

Can''t see PL going back for Eliott Bennett now - he had his chance and didn''t take it. PL wants players who want to play for him - as an example look at Steve Morison''s recent actions to try and force the move to come here!

Its no secret how good Robert Snodgrass, Lewis McGugan and Peter Whittingham are, I''d be very surprised if no other clubs are looking at them. I think we have a chance with PW, but we''ll have stiff opposition with the other two.

If we''re after pace in the team, then Kebe would be one hell of a signing, that is if Reading don''t go up. I really rate the lad. OTBC!

McGugan would be a great add but I can''t see him leaving Forest just yet. They''ve already said they''re going to try build their team around him for next season. Same goes for Snodgrass at Leeds. Whittingham though seems to be a more realistic aim, seems almsot certain that he''s heading out of Cardiff. We''ll face competition for him. Another i think we should go for is David Vaughan from Blackpool. He won player of the season there ahead of Charlie Adam!

I think once we sign Morison there won''t be any more strikers coming in as we will already have an abundence of different style strikers, so that to me, would put McGugan out of the picture.

I think we will then sign another very technical and creative midfield player like Snodgrass or Wittingham.  As much as I like Snodgrass I can see Wittingham being more reliastic with Cardiff''s money troubles however I would prefer Snodgrass.

I then think we sign a robust and physical midfielder like Trotter or Bradley Johnson.  I think Johnson would be more inclined to join a more established Premier League team like Sunderland who he has been linked with and therefore I wouldn''t be suprised if we signed Trotter.

I then think we will sign two defenders, one centre back and one versitle defender.  I wouldn''t be suprised if we moved for a more experinced top flight player like one of the young lads from West Ham.

I then think we will sign an experienced keeper.  Put all that together and add Vaughan and that is your seven.

I think once we sign Morison there won''t be any more strikers coming in as we will already have an abundence of different style strikers, so that to me, would put McGugan out of the picture.

McGugan is a midfielder

I''ve always liked the look of Barry robson of middlesbrough, but agree wit the majority of names on here

[quote user="alysha"]

McGugan is a midfielder

[/quote]haha EXACTLY, well said Alysha! [Y]McGugan would be an ideal candidate for playing either the right hand side of the diamond, or on the right wing in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 for me.At £3 million plus (and probably closer to £5 million considering the length of time he has left to run on his contract), I don''t see Snodgrass as a viable option that will add enough to our squad over what we already have here.I say go all out for McGugan, with Kebe as a 2nd option down that right hand side and try to get Whittingham in to fight it out with Surman for the left hand side of midfield.That would then free up either Crofts or Korey to join Fox in the centre if we wish to go for another system apart from the diamond.... although saying that I would also like to see us try to sign Chris Eagles from Burnley if we can get him at the right price (as he would add a variety of options across our midfield).  If we can add Bradley Johnson or a bit of midfield muscle on a FREE Transfer then all the better.  Then focus on a centre half, plus cover for right back and a keeper.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alysha"]

McGugan is a midfielder

[/quote]

haha EXACTLY, well said Alysha! [Y]

McGugan would be an ideal candidate for playing either the right hand side of the diamond, or on the right wing in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 for me.

At £3 million plus (and probably closer to £5 million considering the length of time he has left to run on his contract), I don''t see Snodgrass as a viable option that will add enough to our squad over what we already have here.

I say go all out for McGugan, with Kebe as a 2nd option down that right hand side and try to get Whittingham in to fight it out with Surman for the left hand side of midfield.

That would then free up either Crofts or Korey to join Fox in the centre if we wish to go for another system apart from the diamond.... although saying that I would also like to see us try to sign Chris Eagles from Burnley if we can get him at the right price (as he would add a variety of options across our midfield).  If we can add Bradley Johnson or a bit of midfield muscle on a FREE Transfer then all the better.  Then focus on a centre half, plus cover for right back and a keeper.
[/quote]

So that''s another 4 midfielders. Will that be enough?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alysha"]

McGugan is a midfielder

[/quote]

haha EXACTLY, well said Alysha! [Y]

McGugan would be an ideal candidate for playing either the right hand side of the diamond, or on the right wing in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 for me.

At £3 million plus (and probably closer to £5 million considering the length of time he has left to run on his contract), I don''t see Snodgrass as a viable option that will add enough to our squad over what we already have here.

I say go all out for McGugan, with Kebe as a 2nd option down that right hand side and try to get Whittingham in to fight it out with Surman for the left hand side of midfield.

That would then free up either Crofts or Korey to join Fox in the centre if we wish to go for another system apart from the diamond.... although saying that I would also like to see us try to sign Chris Eagles from Burnley if we can get him at the right price (as he would add a variety of options across our midfield).  If we can add Bradley Johnson or a bit of midfield muscle on a FREE Transfer then all the better.  Then focus on a centre half, plus cover for right back and a keeper.
[/quote]

So that''s another 4 midfielders. Will that be enough?