Sign in to follow this  
Grant Holts Moustache

Colchester fans still bitter.

Oh dear, what a dreadful and incredibly biased, self pitying piece of nothingness.

Had to laugh about the claim that Holt was almost certain to go to Colchester until Lambert went to Norwich and signed during that week, even though Gunn signed Holt weeks prior to the beginning of the season.

If I was a Colchester fan I''d probably feel the same, so I do have some sympathy for them. It''s almost as if Lambert was lined up before the season started IMO. [;)]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Its not Cameldung is it.[/quote]

Sounds like his type of wording, he was always on here spouting off.

In the article he seems to believe that Colchester lost David Fox and Marc Tierney during the 2009/2010 Season when they both signed a season later... And that Grant Holt (apparently) was heading too Colchester but ended up at Norwich after Lambert left, even though Grant Holt started both the Colchester and Yeovil games which were during Gunn''s tenure...This guy is a fu***ng moron 

Is that article implying that Lambert sold Hammond in order to deliberately to sabotage Colchester? If so, what total bollocks- has any manager in the history of football intentionally screwed his own club over before jumping ship? Also, why didn''t the board step in if it was such a terrible deal?

Yep very bitter - my girlfriends uncle is a Colchester fan. He found it hard to say "Paul Lambert" when I saw him yesterday.

He does nto have a speech problem either!

There is absolutely no point in letting facts get in the way of their own private fantasy land. At the end of the day, would you rather be Manager of a Premier League Club in waiting (waiting didn''t last long) or a Conference Club with no fans fighting above its weight?

Very bitter article indeed, he must have typed all of that with gritted teeth whilst throwing darts at a picture of Lambert hung on the wall.  Even if all of his points were entirely accurate (which they weren''t) it would still be a meaningless article from a bitter Colwho fan. Time to move on, we have.

We might be able to fill their ground for them again if we draw them away in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Assuming they''ve got that far we might have a tough game to avoid a giantkilling.

Jobserve must love it when games are televised there as you can read it on the seats for 90 minutes.

I''m quite upset by this article to be honest. Not so much the content within but the fact my comment at 2:50pm was edited. It should read at the end ''Please check your facts before writing such twaddle'' [:p]

[quote user="Pboro Canary"]

I''m quite upset by this article to be honest. Not so much the content within but the fact my comment at 2:50pm was edited. It should read at the end ''Please check your facts before writing such twaddle'' [:p]

[/quote]That''s rich isn''t it- matey boy can get away with writing and publishing such inaccuracies, but doesn''t have the grace to leave challenges unedited [:@]. They really are still quite bitter about it aren''t they? The ironic thing for me in the article is that the author admits they do not have the revenue / crowds to progress further as a club- do they honestly believe that Lambert was never going to jump ship as soon as a better opportunity came up? Had he got them anywhere near the top 6 in that division, he was off any way [8-)]. The harsh reality is if Lambert gets us anywhere near the top half next season we will be in the exactly the same position ColU found themselves in (although in our case the finances involved will be multiplied by a factor of 20-50x). It''s football guys, live with it.          

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]How are people allowed to publish such inacuracies and get away with it?[/quote]He must have connections at the Daily Mail.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]How are people allowed to publish such inacuracies and get away with it?[/quote]He must have connections at the Daily Mail.[/quote]

PMSL funny but true!!! :)

[quote user="walkern canary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]How are people allowed to publish such inacuracies and get away with it?[/quote]
He must have connections at the Daily Mail.
[/quote] PMSL funny but true!!! :)[/quote]

I have to go to Colchester today to visit one of my Pony loanees, Might just take the trailer with me, (WHY)? It''s YELLOW AND GREEN, with the words LETS BE AVENUE on the back door and a yellow and green chequerd flag on the roof. the wife reccons im mad,  

Due to inaccuracies within this article we have decided to remove it. Whilst we do what we can to make sure information is always accurate we cannot check and double check dates of player/manager movements on each individual story. Unfortunately, this article in particular slipped through the net.

We would like to thank those who provided comments on the article. The comments were fair and to the point and your feed back was very much appreciated.

[quote user="That Site now"]Due to inaccuracies within this article we have decided to remove it. Whilst we do what we can to make sure information is always accurate we cannot check and double check dates of player/manager movements on each individual story. [/quote]Message to that site''s author- whatever you did to make sure the ''information is always accurate'', it was a p***-poor effort. If you can''t be bothered to check the basic facts don''t publish. Alternatively please continue as you are......... I''m sure somebody suitably litiguous will put you straight quite quickly [:D]  

"Bitter" Col U fan here who can see Carra Rud from where I live. Posting this in peace.

I did see the article before it was pulled and agree that there was a mixture of truths in there. Can''t say that I recognise the chap concerned. I don''t share the deluded view of some that we''ve got a divine right to be in the Championship though I''d love to see us back there - upper mid-table in League One is pretty much our level as things stand and it''ll probably stay that way for a while.

My own take on the situation is down the conspiracy theory line that McNally had discussions with Lambert in the close season with regard to being the fallback option depending on how Gunn coped with life in League One.

We all know that there''s a food chain when it comes to hiring and firing - older hands will know all about Mike Walker who Col U let go through the sheer incompetence of our then chairman but he was generally wished well by us when he took you into Europe, before he in turn got poached by Everton.

What really rankles with me where Lambert is concerned isn''t so much the manner of his departure which I''ll come back to in a tick but that by freezing out five players at the start of the season. The fact that he waited until the summer was over before making certain first-teamers train with the youths and casting others adrift on loan to Southend caused obvious disharmony in the dressing room and the stands. Remember Roeder''s version of man-management at your place? That''s how it was for us.

I''d already had my suspicions when he jumped ship at Wycombe after taking them into the playoffs in 2008 rather than build on that. The 7-1 apart, he''d never really got the fans on his side.

It''s been a surprise that he''s become all the things at your place that he never was at ours, but then to my mind your season in the third tier was basically a blip - you''d got the setup which comes of spending nigh on fifty years in the top two divisions and would have been there or thereabouts even without Lambert being appointed.

The manner of departure also caused ill feeling in that the alleged phone call to Robbie Cowling (can''t remember if it was Bowkett or McNally) was a request to *appoint* Lambert when no prior approach had been made. It''s one thing to ask to talk to a manager under contract, but it''s patently obvious that something naughty had been going on beforehand.

The Tuesday when the news conference was called showed the character at our place. (contrary to some opinion on here it does exist!) The anger at our place at 10 o''clock that morning was converted into completely getting behind the team when well-loved club figure Joe Dunne was put in temporary charge that same afternoon. Gillingham really didn''t know what hit them that night.

We know we struggle for any kind of fanbase given that we''re stuck between that place up the A12

that both of us used to have a bond over when it came to dislike and the amount of people who gravitate towards London and Prem teams while not having watched a live game in years. There''ve been some problems with settling into the new ground due in part to the club operating on far more of a business level under Cowling - the community feel seems to have evaporated somewhat although things are moving in the right direction.

As for Holt, of course we were interested but of course we weren''t the only ones, so I for one was never really a bone of contention that he came to you. Hammond''s departure has been cited as due in part to not seeing eye to eye with Lambert, though the timing seemed baffling in the circumstances.

Fox never really got a look in while Hoofroyd was in charge, while Tierney''s departure was viewed with amusement bearing in mind his previous comments about Norwich!

The Nazigate affair involving Cowling was whipped up no end by the local press here - we know he was a silly boy for saying it and there was an extensive apology to our fans afterwards, but then I can''t see for the life of me how the bloke who emailed him in the first place can complain having sent an abusive email to somebody who he didn''t know personally before crying to Mummy when he got a taste of his own medicine. If you can''t take it, don''t dish it out. You learn that at primary school.

I''ll be interested to see how things go for you next season but readily admit that Lambert''s off my Christmas card list. That''s football though. He''ll move on again, and so will we. Sorry about the overlong post but I just wanted to right a couple of things from our side. I respect what you''ve done in going up but I can''t ever see myself liking the man. Good luck next season though.