Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield Canary

Robert Green is in Delaney's as we speak...

I know he was at the club for years and could easily be visiting the friends and fam while it''s off-season but it was worth the post.

What''s the general consensus?

If we signed him, would he be coming in as our number 2?

Where better to conduct those highly confidential and protracted contract negotiations than over a bottle of Magners in one of Norwich''s most popular watering holes on a Sturday evening?

Funny that, Because I thought Greeno was away with the England Squad for the switzerland game!!!!

Someone asked him about West Hams relegation and he just put his head in his hands......

and missed.

When he left here he was a rising star he is now one that is on the way down. No thanks FF is the one for me. As for Bennie Mc Carthy he has more chance getting a job in a Norwich pub as playing for Norwich

Not very interesting but Declan Rudd was in Vodka Revs and Karma Cafe, perhaps they are negotiating a swap?!

I agree, i once saw him in Delaneys and just said hello and went to shake his hand, he didn''t even look while his hanger on told me to go away.

[quote user="Sheffield Canary"]I know he was at the club for years and could easily be visiting the friends and fam while it''s off-season but it was worth the post. What''s the general consensus? If we signed him, would he be coming in as our number 2?[/quote]

Just clawed his way back into the England set up for the Euro qualifier against Switzerland and you are asking if he would go to a newly promoted club as their number 2. oh dear oh dear oh dear are you really serious?

He signed for ''newly promoted'' West Ham as there number 2/3, with Hislop and Carroll ahead of him and he''d been involved in the England set-up then too.

I just think he''s over-rated now, and Ruddy deserves his chance so he''ll probably start the season whether we sign another keeper or not.

oh and the question was... ''would he?''

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Green is rude has no personality and surprised he even has any friends. Met him a few times and he is one smug c unt[/quote]He also told his then girlfriend (whom I know) "I''d rather stick needles in my eyes than play for Norwich" she also said he was a nice guy, but really boring....

To be honest, I''m not bothered about what kind of person he is or isn''t supposed to be, I just think that he''s a bit of a liability. Quite poor in my opinion.

I would take Greeno back in a flash ability wise, much stronger shot stopper than ruddy and more commanding than Ruddy is too, has a bit of extra hegiht which also helps. I can not understand why anyone would have him as number 2 to Ruddy, he surpases him in every area of a goalies game. I know there are those who say that since the WC he has gone to pots, but the last few months of the prem he made some top saves, obviously made a few mistakes as every keeper does, but he is still one of our country''s top keepers without a doubt. I just wouldn''t have him back because of his attitude, if what people on here say is true it doesn''t seem like he cares much for our club or wants to come back, while im sure he was on close to 25/30,000 at the Spammers

[quote user="priceyrice"]I would take Greeno back in a flash ability wise, much stronger shot stopper than ruddy and more commanding than Ruddy is too, has a bit of extra hegiht which also helps. I can not understand why anyone would have him as number 2 to Ruddy, he surpases him in every area of a goalies game. I know there are those who say that since the WC he has gone to pots, but the last few months of the prem he made some top saves, obviously made a few mistakes as every keeper does, but he is still one of our country''s top keepers without a doubt. I just wouldn''t have him back because of his attitude, if what people on here say is true it doesn''t seem like he cares much for our club or wants to come back, while im sure he was on close to 25/30,000 at the Spammers[/quote]how nervous did West hams defence look playing infront of Rob "Whoops" Green last season? very similar to our back 4 with David Marshall in goal.a dodgy keeper can unsettle an entire team.