Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Whitbread not the best thing since sliced bread

Well well well.  It would seem our transatlantic cousins don''t have a special relationship when it comes to Norwich City defenders.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/zak_whitbread_misses_out_on_usa_gold_cup_call_1_904732

Which reminds me, speaking of food - why not share with me your favourite Norwich City player who was named after an edible item of food or fruit?

I was always a fan of our 1975 Player of the Year, the legendary Colin Suggett.  Now I know that technically he isn''t named after a piece of food, but his name does rhyme with "chicken nugget" so I''ll allow it as a technicality.  What say you?

Mine has to be Ruel Fox.  Now I know that technically he isn''t named after a piece of food, but his name does rhyme with "box", which some foods are packaged in (pizzas, cakes, etc).Just observing the strict rules for this little game.

Bryan Gunn rhymes with Bun, also he nearly scrambled us clear of relegation but was left with egg on his face but is still a hero so is seated at the top table of ex canaries

Splendid, splendid.  And all the better because the inner quadrant haven''t arrived to poop on our collective parade. Honourable mentions to Mark "T" Bowen, and the Ian Culver"House special of the day".  What''s a pound of butterworth in the UK these days?  Over here it''s around $4.98 a kilo but that might be the locals having a joke at my expense.

Ah, here comes my home help.  I''ll speak to you all later.

A bunch of Steve Grapes, preferably served by a Geoff Butler.

And some lightly buttered "Hot Cross-Bone" (Pink Un headline from the 70s).

Oh, and we need a manager, too. How about Lamb-ert (no, not "Langbert", Delia).

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]why not share with me your favourite Norwich City player who was named after an edible item of food or fruit? [/quote]Great post. This is an issue I think about a lot.Keith Briggs - Pigs - BaconRaymond De Waard - Board - Cheese BoardChris Sutton - MuttonChris Woods - FoodsIt''s incredible!! Never realised before! Is this the reason we signed all these players? Because the managers were hungry? I have an image in my head of Nigel Worthington missing breakfast, and when it got to 11 o''clock, he says to Doug Livermore: "I''m hungry! Get me some bacon!" Livermore got confused and bought Keith Briggs. Easy mistake to make.

You lot have got me thinking about my Louie Dinner-wa already, wonder what''s for Graham Pudding today and as it''s friday I''ll probably wash it down with a couple of pints of Neil Adnams, that Mark Barman sure knows how to pull a pint.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Splendid, splendid.  And all the better because the inner quadrant haven''t arrived to poop on our collective parade.

[/quote]

Cough,cough......can i join in pretty please?[:(]

How about Roger Hansbury.....Cranberry?

Blimey am i on my own here,anyone can join in..............Phileas Fogg-o crisps.[;)]

Paul Lamb-ert  - with mint sauce?Thomas Hel-vegetables - with the above Lamb?Stewart Roach - sounds a bit fishy to meDuncan Forbes - food comes in thesePhil Bugg - eaten on I''m a Celebrity, maybeKen Brown - sauceDanny Bloomfield - bloomer - a good loafChris Cleaver - found on the butcher''s chopping blockDavid Chicken - stuffing anyone?Ashley Ward - visited when suffering from food poisoning