Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Mark Bright - Twitter

...And anyway, Huguenot refugees turn up in Norwich in the 1500s from France and Netherlands. Stay there, integrate. Huguenots keep canaries as pets, become famous for it. Go forward a few hundred years, Norwich City Football Team adopt said famous local emblem. You know you''re supporting a team reveling in it''s immigrant history? Maybe you should find another team not so steeped in multiculturalism.I don''t know if you''re trolling, but your argument for a ''pure'' East Anglian team is a flimsy one.

I can guarantee that you, Penfold, are in no way an ''Angle''. You, like everyone else in this country are an assortment of genes picked up from around the world and mashed together.

You may as well claim to be Aethelred the Unready.

It''s impossible to claim any single ethnicity for people born in Britain, and I wouldn''t want it any other way.

[quote user="PRDH"]I can guarantee that you, Penfold, are in no way an ''Angle''. You, like everyone else in this country are an assortment of genes picked up from around the world and mashed together.[/quote]Not to mention the fact that the same is true of the original Angles, honestly sometimes its like racists believe that every group of people lived in total isolation from each other until about 1950.

guys I am just writing, well, to defend my mates honour I havent spoken to him as yet but he is not racist if he is well its odd that i made friends with him through one of our mutual asian friends, also if u can check his page on fbook he started a group about stopping racism over a yr ago. just cant believe how papers can misrepresent someone his account may or may not have been hacked but that is the only scenario i can think this has happened.

[quote user="no. 6"][quote user="Penfold"]That''s my point. A team that''s supposed to represent east Angles doesn''t represent east Angles. We need to spend more money on our children.[/quote]

What if my kid is black? What then Adolf?

[/quote]If both you and your wife are white...perhaps you should ask her! [<:o)]

Fair play to you for defending your friend, but regardless of whether he has said it or not, whoever wrote on his twitter account has now tarnished the clubs image.

Norfolk has enough problems in terms of image without something like this happening and for a TV personality to get on board with it as well could really dent our image as a county.

The club has done the right thing, I would just wish Mark Bright would now come out and defend all the other fans in terms of an apology.

You did see what he wrote...didn''t you? [:D]But on a serious note, this could be the start of plenty of problems, if this is the precedent! HE could well have been hacked - although unlikely not impossible and certainly hard to prove otherwise until I.T get heavily involved. Even then, what''s to say he didn''t leave his twitter logged on his pc and his brother posted it?If it wasn''t for twat features Mark Bright this wouldnt be in the limelight anyway - I''m sorry but i can''t see him getting banned if (not very) Bright didn''t pick up on it.But then, if this is how things are going to work from now on - can i say i''m against mass immigration in the ''its just not football thread''? Afterall, some of them could end up footballers!

[quote user="no. 6"]Really? The ''some of my best friends are black'' defence? Christ.[/quote]Really? The ''im going to make a full judgement of the sitaution despite having very little inside knowledge on it'' theory? Christ

[quote user="hogesar"]Really? The ''im going to make a full judgement of the sitaution despite having very little inside knowledge on it'' theory? Christ[/quote]What?

There''s an article on the front page of the Pink ''Un, Luke has made a statement that seems to accept responsibility.

God, I''d hate to be disowned by the club. Clubless. No more Canaries, no more Carrow Road. Deserves it the f***er.

How does being banned work as such anyway? I mean, if I got banned, I''d wait a couple of months and then just turn up at Carrow Road with a big hat and have a shave so I wouldn''t be recognised

and alienated every single Norwich fan in the process....yes brilliant move by Bright!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="no. 6"][quote user="Penfold"]That''s my point. A team that''s supposed to represent east Angles doesn''t represent east Angles. We need to spend more money on our children.[/quote]

What if my kid is black? What then Adolf?

[/quote]If both you and your wife are white...perhaps you should ask her! [<:o)]

[/quote]

Actually made me Ell Oh Ell ! ! !

No, not fair play to Bright.

By publicly stating to the over 30,000 people that follow him that he doesn''t want any Norwich fans following him he has tarred us all with the same brush, when in fact Bright would not have even known about the situation had it not been for the universal condemnation of this idiots comments by City fans.

He is a BBC pundit with a large audience and he should think more carefully before opening his mouth. As my TV licence pays his wages I''ll be making sure that I let the BBC know my disgust at his comments.

Thecanaryfan wrote: Fair play to Bright, he created a whirlwind and got what everyone wants: one less racist in a football ground.In no way did Mark Bright get this idiot banned. His comments were made on Friday, and these were almost immediately reported to the club. Bright didn''t latch onto this until Monday, as far as I know.  If it wasn''t for the universal condemnation of the idiot from real NCFC fans he would probably never have caught wind of it.The fact is that, since he became ''involved'' in the issue, he has acted completely without dignity towards good NCFC fans who were simply sticking up for their club and their fellow, right-minded fans.He is an idiot and should be treated as such...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]No, not fair play to Bright. By publicly stating to the over 30,000 people that follow him that he doesn''t want any Norwich fans following him he has tarred us all with the same brush, when in fact Bright would not have even known about the situation had it not been for the universal condemnation of this idiots comments by City fans. He is a BBC pundit with a large audience and he should think more carefully before opening his mouth. As my TV licence pays his wages I''ll be making sure that I let the BBC know my disgust at his comments.[/quote]

same here

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]No, not fair play to Bright. By publicly stating to the over 30,000 people that follow him that he doesn''t want any Norwich fans following him he has tarred us all with the same brush, when in fact Bright would not have even known about the situation had it not been for the universal condemnation of this idiots comments by City fans. He is a BBC pundit with a large audience and he should think more carefully before opening his mouth. As my TV licence pays his wages I''ll be making sure that I let the BBC know my disgust at his comments.[/quote]

Not being a supporter of NC Im sure his comments were made with anger, nothing more. A racist fan is now named and shamed, let the dust settle. Im sue he will revert any anger at City fans in general. Unless of course he is truly stupid.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Not being a supporter of NC Im sure his comments were made with anger, nothing more. A racist fan is now named and shamed, let the dust settle. Im sue he will revert any anger at City fans in general. Unless of course he is truly stupid.

[/quote]

But the boy was already named and shamed before Bright got involved, and as for him reverting his anger at City fans..I wouldn''t bet on it, his comments have been disgraceful for someone who works for the BBC

Listen, Im just glad that a racist Norwich fan has been exposed and dealt with properly. If Bright doesnt revert his statement about our good club, I will of course, like veryone else,  launch a massive HATE BRIGHT campaign.

[quote user="hogesar"]But then, if this is how things are going to work from now on - can i say i''m against mass immigration in the ''its just not football thread''? Afterall, some of them could end up footballers![/quote]Yes because that is the same thing...They may ban you for being a moron however.

Massive overreaction by the club here. Its just plain censorship, I believe in freedom of speech, that is the ideal that people have the right to express themselves however they see fit! Unless he made threats or directed his comments with vitriol towards one or a number of specific individuals? (I have not read what he posted). If they were just general racist comments then he is an ignorant fool, but if we are going to ban every ignorant fool we''ll be back to attendances of 14,000!!!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Listen, Im just glad that a racist Norwich fan has been exposed and dealt with properly. If Bright doesnt revert his statement about our good club, I will of course, like veryone else,  launch a massive HATE BRIGHT campaign.[/quote]

Bright has been given the opportunity to make good, he just does''nt seem to care though.

[quote user="Penfold"]That''s my point. A team that''s supposed to represent east Angles doesn''t represent east Angles.

We need to spend more money on our children.[/quote]I''ll assume you meant East Anglians. as the alternative is just too silly to even consider.So when was this great era of Norwich only signing people from East Anglia then?Was it in 1912, when Liverpool born of Irish heritage Peter Burke signed?Perhaps it was in 1914, when Manchester born Arthur Wolstenhome signed from Gillingham?Or in 1928 Bernard McLaverty (great old East Anglian name that) signed?What about in 1955 when Sammy Chung (English Mother, Chinese Father) played 48 games for City?Or South African born Sandy Kennon?The mythical nirvana you''re dreaming about never existed. Football clubs always have and always will strive to sign the best players they can.

It seems to me that if someone can be virtually lynched for using a rude name on the internet then maybe twitter and the like should only be available to those mature enough to use it properly. Of course if that was the case then the rather juvenile and pretentious Mr Bright would not have been able to post his comments either.