Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Mark Bright - Twitter

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If Norwich have banned a player due to comments made on Twitter that is a massive step - seems very unlikely to me, interesting to see how this plays out.

Mark Bright writes for The Metro, so if he talks about this in there will be interesting to see his thoughts. Doubt the account is hacked, would have been shut down by now, or at least people like Robbie Savage would be mentioning it. Think Mark Bright is just having a laugh to be honest, it''s not like he has said anything that shocking or insulting is it?

[/quote]

Its a fan not a player.

I don''t think Bright''s account has been hacked he just a bit of a tw*t.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If Norwich have banned a player due to comments made on Twitter that is a massive step - seems very unlikely to me, interesting to see how this plays out.

Mark Bright writes for The Metro, so if he talks about this in there will be interesting to see his thoughts. Doubt the account is hacked, would have been shut down by now, or at least people like Robbie Savage would be mentioning it. Think Mark Bright is just having a laugh to be honest, it''s not like he has said anything that shocking or insulting is it?

[/quote]

Its a fan not a player.

I don''t think Bright''s account has been hacked he just a bit of a tw*t.

[/quote]

Of course, don''t know why I wrote player instead of fan. Something else on my mind obviously. Would still be a massive step to ban a fan for comments on Twitter (larger than banning a player in fact)

It''s just been on the Radio 5 news.

Norwich City have banned a fan for life after racist abuse of new signing James Vaughan.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Definitely him. Shocking.[/quote] Seriously? The club have banned the kid who started is all off?[/quote]

I don''t see how the club can ban a name on twitter, do they know who this kid is? 

[/quote]Well, they have a name, and after Googling it, I found his email address and phone number without too much difficulty. It is quite scary how easy it is to get this information on people nowadays.[/quote]

But is it really him?   I have had my account hacked on Twitter when it first started and to be honest I have now been extra vigilant and sought all the protection Twitter allows. 

[/quote]With all this hassle WAY I''m glad I too have been extra vigilant and arranged 100% protection.I haven''t signed up to the stupid thing......

Mark Bright is also out of order and I feel offended by some of his remarks, I know footballers sometimes aren''t the brightest of sparks but to use offensive language is someone going way to far and needs to be reported. They should act as role models, what a pra tt >

If Norwich are going to start banning fans for racist comments on the internet than some of the posters on this message board should start to worry. Although I have a feeling most of the serial offenders don''t actually go to the games, so pretty hard to ban them.

Just on 5Live news, Norwich city ban a fan for life after making racist comments about new signing James Vaughan on Twitter. Just the sort of publicity we can do without, particularly as the profile has been raised somewhat with Premier League status. If true, what an idiot.

Interesting precedent this if true.While what the person in question said was extremely stupid, if he had said what he did to someone who isn''t on the telly, then I would suggest that he would not have been banned.

Was on Twitter. Comment was deleted but I think it was something about him saying he was proud that Norwich had a prodominantly (sp?) white british team. He is basically an attention seeking piece of sh!t.

Well done to the club for banning the "fan" quickly and without fuss. Job sorted from our point of view.

Mark Bright''s continuing descent into madness is now the much bigger story. It''s the closest he''s ever going to get to being Charlie Sheen. Or interesting.

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Just on 5Live news, Norwich city ban a fan for life after making racist comments about new signing James Vaughan on Twitter. Just the sort of publicity we can do without, particularly as the profile has been raised somewhat with Premier League status. If true, what an idiot.[/quote]Glad the club seem to have a zero tolerance policy on this kind of thing. Unfortunately, I have heard Norwich fans make racist comments in the stands in the past few years (I doubt any more or less than at any English club), and it has made me temporarily ashamed to be a Norwich fan myself.

He didn''t say it to Mark Bright. He tweeted it to a friend and it was picked up on by a lot of appalled Norwich fans, who alerted McNally etc on Friday. At some point in the last couple of days Mark Bright became aware of it and has gone off on one, but it wasn''t him who first condemned it.

Got to commend the club for their swift no tolerance action. Bet the little idiot feels stupid now.

Comment was much worse than that, he said that Norwich "didn''t need another f---ing n----r" he then later went on to say there is no such thing as black British people. He is a complete tool, but the precident of banning a fan for comments on Twitter is a fairly startling one. I guess the club wanted to nip it in the bud pretty quickly - espcially when it seems Mark Bright is going to write a piece in the Metro about it all.

P.S. I''m sure it will be mentioned but there is already a 5 page thread about this.

it is negative publicity against norwich but i am sure the club will be praised for acting promptly.

Any comment on there about Brights immature over-reaction?

I''d be surprised if the club was able to obtain his personal details in order to implement a ban. It recently cost a local council £75k taking Twitter to court in California in order to obtain the real name behind a Twitter account. Would our club really want to spend that kind of money on this? Or does Twitter make exceptions to disclose details of racists?

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day HatTrick"]I''m proud that we have a 90% british team as well.[/quote]

Read it again

What a nimrod, excuse my ignorance as I don’t use Twitter and don’t intend to start.

How can the club correlate a posting on Twitter to a genuine signed up NCFC member, surely it must take quite awhile to go through Twitter HQ etc as seems to have been the case in other well publicised cases?

Now what about our Simeon, Jamaican born I think, raised in Canada and pretty much scored the goals that got us promoted, in the mind of the offending idiot I suppose his contribution to our promotion didn’t count?

As mentioned absolutely no place for that sort of cretin or the mindset that goes with it.

The BBC should have a serious word with Bright. He''s been completely out of order towards Norwich fans with some of his comments. Made himself look about as much as an idiot as the racist fan.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Name and shame him![/quote]

Yes think he should be put on parade infront of the mass media, make it impossible for him to attend even sunday morning park football

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The account may even have been hijacked or set up by a scummer with false details.[/quote]

I said that earlier, it''s easily done, had my Twitter account hacked and botted before they brought in all the new safety features.

His username is his real name, it''s a fairly distinctive name and also correlates with his personal profiles elsewhere on the internet - no need for the club to contact Twitter HQ.