Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Mark Bright - Twitter

He made some comment about Norwich having no chance of surviving in the Prem. Someone made a comment back which was followed by a half hearted attempt to play it down. He then had a massive hissy fit demanding Norwich fans unfollow him and blocking any further NCFC fans that tweeted him.For what it''s worth, I may have made it worse. He tweeted, "Needs one word to complete this terrace song, His teeth are so white,

his teeth are so white, Ohh Robbie Savage, when he speaks he talks...". My suggestion was "More sense than Mark Bright". He didn''t seem to like it. I pointed out he should really consider asking people to take the mick by rhyming the word white when your name is Mark Bright.

[quote user="Haloo Neil"]Am i being really thick or something but who is Mark Bright?
[/quote]

Used to play upfront for Sheff Weds and Crystal Palace (amongst others). Scored quite a lot of goals.

Now does media work.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]He made some comment about Norwich having no chance of surviving in the Prem. Someone made a comment back which was followed by a half hearted attempt to play it down. He then had a massive hissy fit demanding Norwich fans unfollow him and blocking any further NCFC fans that tweeted him.For what it''s worth, I may have made it worse. He tweeted, "Needs one word to complete this terrace song, His teeth are so white,

his teeth are so white, Ohh Robbie Savage, when he speaks he talks...". My suggestion was "More sense than Mark Bright". He didn''t seem to like it. I pointed out he should really consider asking people to take the mick by rhyming the word white when your name is Mark Bright.[/quote]

Cap well and truly doffed - brilliant.

Nice one ''TheGoogler'', you can be proud of that one!!

O right

I thought it was just some City fan on the wind up and he had taken it he wrong way, didn''t realise he was the one being the nob.

Have you seen some of his latest ones? ''Norwich strip and prem league badge, be a collectors item this time next year..keep hold of it'' - I mean this is just factually incorrect!

Also our first season in the prem after back to back promotions - surely always destined to be a special season and the kit therefore always going to eventually become some kind of collectors item. Despite his poor punditry skills I used to quite like the man, but tonight he is clearly talking out his arse.

I''ve just started following... from what I can gather, a rather pathetic NCFC fan referred to James Vaughan using a racist term (for which he was hounded by fellow fans) and it is this that has upset Mark Bright?

If this is true, then its absolutely pathetic from Bright, and its going to be fun to watch him try to wriggle out of it...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I''ve just started following... from what I can gather, a rather pathetic NCFC fan referred to James Vaughan using a racist term (for which he was hounded by fellow fans) and it is this that has upset Mark Bright?

If this is true, then its absolutely pathetic from Bright, and its going to be fun to watch him try to wriggle out of it...

[/quote]well, I can understand him being upset that a fan said "don''t want another n***** joining our team" tbf. Just needs to not tarnish everyone with the same brush.I didn''t realise that was why

Wesley just re-tweeted Mark Bright having a pop. Just what we needed really, something to pin on the dressing room wall for the first game of the season! Mark Bright was a good player but he''s not a good media pundit!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]Is this the one?Luke@ODonoughoe NorwichUpset a lot of people on the WOTB site.

Well it used to be Ruddy and he spoke to Wes on there but guess it might not be. The Club usually say if it isnt one of them.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Wesley just re-tweeted Mark Bright having a pop. Just what we needed really, something to pin on the dressing room wall for the first game of the season! Mark Bright was a good player but he''s not a good media pundit![/quote]Wes'' is a fake. So is Surman''s & Holt''s.

Not entirely sure who the racist chap was, just saw a couple of posts re-tweeted on Saturday night giving him abuse (and rightly so). No room for people like that in our club...

However, surely Mr Bright would have been better off raising his concerns with the person in question, rather than taking it upon himself to launch a one-man crusade against the entire club and all its supporters?  Not entirely sure what he''s hoping to achieve, other than alienating himself from an entire club?  Is he simply hoping to achieve the same notoriety that has won Robbie Savage both plaudits and criticism?

Whatever his intentions, its poorly executed nonsense...

Bascially all of the squad from last season have not got twitter, the only players who do have it is new signings such as James Vaughan

Someone needs to haul Bright over the coals for this. This is a guy who could be on MOTD next season giving pundetry on our games. if he saw that tweet (which was completely out of order and slated on all NCFC forums) and didn''t like it then fine but to launch a tirade against our club and all its fans on the back of it is completely out of order and idiotic. Just shows why giving media jobs to some (in his case average and clearly very thick) footballers just because they used to play the game is not always the best idea!

Just ignore him and he''ll go away, this is probably the most attention he''s had in the last 20 years. Can''t really expect any better from a former Palace player.

The problem with Mr Bright is that he isn''t very bright - because he can string a few words together it can confuse the viewer. He''s got form at this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248331/What-twit-Mark-Bright-apologises-going-Bridge-far-John-Terry.html

As others have said Bright is not the brightest(!) of sparks. He is easily the worst pundit/presenter whether audio or visual.

His droaning voice really grates. I suggest he concentrates exclusively on his twitter account. I don''t have one and never will.

He''s an idiot. Absolute fool. I''m not exactly sure what the tweet was, but as a club, I have NEVER heard racist chanting or even one guy in the stands making any kind of statement. To do this on twitter is embarrassing for him, he has said he isn''t ''working'' but anyone on television such as himself is a brand and he is selling himself really poorly.

Whats worse is this one racist chap is giving NCFC and our fans a bad name, unfortunately.

We had 40,000 turn up for parade, a small percentage will be idiots but he hasn''t used his brain to focus on the majority. He is intent on wishing the Club as whole bad luck next season and has no resorted to criticising the actual area of the country.

Does he really think Man U 67,000 every week are all completely politically correct?

Mark Bright is by some distance the worst pundit in the history of football. His total ignorance about the subject he is somehow paid to talk about is breathtaking. He just babbles on incoherently most of the time and his “insights” are usually met with total silence.

I don''t think anyone''s coming out of this with any credit. Bright has been stupid, but the playground tit for tat crap just makes us look worse.

He does seem to be responding to the more reasonable posts in the same was as the stupid ones though sadly.

I find this really annoying. It is obviously totally disgusting that someone should make a racist comment but to tar all Norwich fans with the same feathers is simply unacceptable.

It suggests that because one "fan" makes a racist comment he assumes that we all are. I find this as offensive as he must have found the original comment. Ironically, it suggests that he is guilty of the same stereotypical response that he quite rightly finds disturbing in others. I can accept his professional views about the chances of our football club, although might question his objectivity, but to act in a way that associates us all with the idiot rantings of a racist is simply unjustifiable.

Bright is paid for out of our BBC subscriptions, we have every right to expect better.