Sign in to follow this  
Essexiled Canary

Jimmy Kebe

He''s a handful. A better version of McNamee perhaps. But a player of that mould isnt what were looking for. I bet you the next signing we make will be a centre back, a striker, or a holding midfielder.

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"][quote user="Webbo118"]I think not![/quote]

Care to elaborate?
[/quote]

Sure! He looks better than he is, i.e. he looks good when he is running forward at pace. However, he lacks awareness, doesn''t track back, his control leaves a lot to be desired and he can''t cross. I do understand though why he would appeal to certain eyes.

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]would have him over snodgrass But PL wouldn''t !! says who?[/quote]

Time will tell.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"][quote user="Webbo118"]I think not![/quote]Care to elaborate?[/quote]

Sure! He looks better than he is, i.e. he looks good when he is running forward at pace. However, he lacks awareness, doesn''t track back, his control leaves a lot to be desired and he can''t cross. I do understand though why he would appeal to certain eyes.

[/quote]I''d be inclined to agree with this. I think Kebe is a decent player, but he wouldn''t fit into our system and is over-rated by quite a few on here in my opinion.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]would have him over snodgrass But PL wouldn''t !! says who?[/quote]

Time will tell.

[/quote]I doub''t that we will be trying to sign Snodgrass, as he has 3 years to run on his contract and so his price would be likely to be very over-inflated by Leeds.  I think that we should go for Forest''s Lewis McGugan as our main signing on the right of midfield and maybe Chris Burke on a FREE to keep his mate Peter Whittingham happy who we are apparently interested in signing too.McGugan is better than both Kebe and Snodgrass!

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]i like the way everyone thinks they are experts, come on webbo how many times have you seen him play 3 or 4 max[/quote]

A touch of pot, kettle, black here? This is exactly why I challenged the view of the originator of this thread who appeared to base a rather strong view on one game. I have seen him play more than 10 times (what about you?) and my opinion is that he is an above-average Championship player who doesn''t have the necessary qualities to be a success in the Premiership. I can understand why he would appeal to many but he tends to promise more than he produces.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Webbo118"]

Time will tell.

[/quote]

I doub''t that we will be trying to sign Snodgrass, as he has 3 years to run on his contract and so his price would be likely to be very over-inflated by Leeds.  I think that we should go for Forest''s Lewis McGugan as our main signing on the right of midfield and maybe Chris Burke on a FREE to keep his mate Peter Whittingham happy who we are apparently interested in signing too.

McGugan is better than both Kebe and Snodgrass!
[/quote]

Three additional wide midfielders ?? Where would that leave Ant Mc ?

Finding a new club?

It is time we set the bar high on this club and build for the future. We saw last season Lambert has no problem with creating a completely new side. He''s done his shift for us, which I''m grateful for, but time to move on and upwards.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Webbo118"]

Time will tell.

[/quote]I doub''t that we will be trying to sign Snodgrass, as he has 3 years to run on his contract and so his price would be likely to be very over-inflated by Leeds.  I think that we should go for Forest''s Lewis McGugan as our main signing on the right of midfield and maybe Chris Burke on a FREE to keep his mate Peter Whittingham happy who we are apparently interested in signing too.McGugan is better than both Kebe and Snodgrass![/quote]

Three additional wide midfielders ?? Where would that leave Ant Mc ?

[/quote]haha they are only options mate.I think the best that McNamee can hope for is to still be getting 15 to 20 mins off the bench now and again next season.  Not sure if he will be here next season, but I think there is still a chance he may be named in our 25 man squad, as he can still be dangerous running at tired players.

His crossing wasn''t the best the other day, but he is direct and would have him here. Prefer Snodgrass, Whittingham though, but know we need pace. I don''t think Burke is too much to write home about, how about the Bristol City winger, who used to play for Barnet?

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]His crossing wasn''t the best the other day, but he is direct and would have him here. Prefer Snodgrass, Whittingham though, but know we need pace. I don''t think Burke is too much to write home about, how about the Bristol City winger, who used to play for Barnet?[/quote]Albert Adomah, class player, would have him Snodgrass, Henry, Whittingham or Gradel over Kebe any day, he''s fast no doubt but he can''t cross.Incidentally what do people think of James Henry? From what i''ve seen he''s one of the best crossers of a ball in the league, in my opinion he would be a very good signing.

lewis mcgugan would be an awesome signing, ticks all the lambert boxes, young, hungry and super technicaly. Also scores some screamers!

I''d really prefer Snodgrass, seems to fit into the traditional British winger mould, which on a personal level is my preference.

Loves beating players, has a cracking cross on him, and works his clackers off for the team - a must signing this summer in my opinion.

[quote user="Simon Lappin King Of Spain"]Incidentally what do people think of James Henry? From what i''ve seen he''s one of the best crossers of a ball in the league, in my opinion he would be a very good signing.[/quote]Without a doubt he''s a much better player these days, but unfortunately when I think of him I can only remember his dreadful performance in that 4-0 defeat at Leicester under Roeder. One of the worst individual (non) displays I''ve seen, although maybe given who was the manager at the time you can understand somewhat.

For all those who are saying they would rather have McGugan instead of Snodgrass for a winger, I thought McGugan played CM?

"I thought he was a central midfield player and not a winger?"

Beat me to it by a couple of seconds!

If we are going to sign a winger then its Snodgrass for me all day long, however I don''t think we are going to get him so my next choice would be Chris Burke who I think is excellent.