Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Jimmy Bullard

This would be a great signing imo, not only to p iss the s cummers of that little bit more but he''s still a player with obvious quality and he has that Premier league experience that some people think we need. He pretty much took 1p5wich away from relegation danger on his own.

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/bullard_open_to_norwich_city_move_1_907381[/url]A slap in the chops to our Binner friends if it happens[:D]. Mind you £45k/week[:^)] He negotiates his own deals- he''d better have a think about how badly he wants PL football! 

I think that Bullard would be an amazing signing; the only doubt would be his fitness. But he HAS been fit for over a season now, hasn''t he?It is easy to forget just how good Bullard was. He was the single most decisive piece of the jigsaw in keeping Wigan and Fulham in the Premiership, and with Fulham he managed to make an incredible impact (with Brian McBride) after having just come back from a terrible injury. Almost the same thing happened with Hull, but the team around him were simply not quite up to it. He still managed to play incredibly well on his comeback from injury with them, though.He was Ipswich''s player of the season last year, despite only playing for half of it. As usual, his coming into the side coincided with renewed team confidence, morale and form.All of the comments about Bullard not being a team player and/or not having any desire are clearly made by people who have forgotten, after all the injuries, just what a mercurial player he was, and still is. Desire and team play are the bedrock of his game, along with more than an ounce or two of cheek. Most of the criticisms of him began when Hull fans wanted an easy hate figure when they had just got relegated, and Phil Brown ws no longer about to fill that role. Bullard was an easy target. Before that, he is someone it was difficult to find anyone in football willing to give anything but gushing praise to. Deservedly.The injuries may have affected him a bit, but I would still be pleased to sign a Jimmy Bullard that was HALF of what he was two seasons ago. And I really think he will be more than that.If Bullard was to come here, it would be on seriously reduced wages. Lambert is no mug. Most likely, Jimmy Bullard is no mug either, and will accept that if he ever wants to play in the Premier League again, he will have to accept such terms.So... in summary: Too expensive? Probably not. Too old? No. Too unfit? Probably not. Not enough desire? Absolutely not!

great player but surely not under the ''young and hungry'' catagory that Lambert has emphasised more than once, would be a good addition though [:)]

To put my two cents in, I saw Jimmy Bullard at 3am in a McDonalds in Clapham. I told him nthat Ipswich were shit and that he should sign for Norwich, which was greeted by a grin and a big thumbs up. He was off his trolley though...

[quote user="Willmeister"]To put my two cents in, I saw Jimmy Bullard at 3am in a McDonalds in Clapham. I told him nthat Ipswich were shit and that he should sign for Norwich, which was greeted by a grin and a big thumbs up. He was off his trolley though... [/quote]To be fair Jimmy Bullard is probably saying his mates "I saw a bloke in McDonalds in Clapham at 3am who told me that Ipswich were shit and that I should sign for Norwich, he was off his trolley so I gave him a grin and a big thumbs up just in case".  [:P]

[quote user="Willmeister"]To put my two cents in, I saw Jimmy Bullard at 3am in a McDonalds in Clapham. I told him nthat Ipswich were shit and that he should sign for Norwich, which was greeted by a grin and a big thumbs up. He was off his trolley though... [/quote]

http://swns.com/jimmy-chew-footballer-bullard-tucks-into-a-big-mac-311114.htmlWhich ugly sod are you?