Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc26

Jimmy Bullard

On Soccer Am just admitted he would like to come to Norwich if the oppurtunity arised. Lets all laugh at the 1P5wich fans that said he wouldn''t even consider it!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah when it was put to him that Norwich were rumoured to be interested in him he seemed genuinely surprised and then when asked if he would play for us after his time at Ipswich he said something like " yeah they are a great Club and did well do get to the premier,of course"

i''d like to see him at Carra Rud, though i''m not sure how he and Hoolahan would work togetherBUTi understand he is on £42k per week and therefore he''d surely have to take a paycut to come here - not sure his hair stylist would like that...

TWTD is going into meltdown over this.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/bwahaha.gif[/IMG]

While I wouldn''t complain if we got Bullard, particularly cause we''d be p issing of the S cummers in the process, I feel the midfield is the teams strongest area and others areas need addressing more urgently!

I didn''t watch Soccer AM but if he did come to us it would be hilarious!  However, although he is a quality footballer he is 32, on ridiculous wages and would spend a lot of time on the treatment table (probably with Vaughan [;)]) so do we really want him?

Not sure why everyone talks about his current wages, he knows that he''ll have to take a drop in wages. If we can get him for the right money then I think he''d be a great signing.

I think he knows he''ll have to take a cut on his current wages to get a decent move. Says he just wants to play football. He really was very good for the sc*m last season. I would sign him if he is prepared to be sensible about the wages. The despair it will cause the sc*mmers will make it even sweeter!

"Not sure why everyone talks about his current wages, he knows that he''ll have to take a drop in wages

err, no

He is contracted to Hull for the next two and a half years at around 40k week. His agent will not want that contract torn up as it leaves every other contract vunerable to the same tactics.

Why have the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, the Pompey players and numerous others ''sat tight'' and seen out their contracts ?

It was more revealing when he said he had heard nothing about a move to City, as the likelihood of that happening is as probable as Ronnie Biggs qualifying for the 100 yards at next years Olympics. All that has happened is that some pimply fred has posted up that Bullard might be coming here - in blind ignorance of the real world and a few other dimwits have leaped on the idea in the someway children belkieve in the tooth fairy.

Bullard has had his day and has nothing to offer us. He is hardly likely to say anything adverse on a meaningless TV programme and those who are daft enough to read anything into it should contact me as I have the moon for sale, a great investment.

It''s usually kept in a bucket of water and can be seen on a moonlight night - if you look at the bucket at the right angle. £600 and it''s yours for keeps, or I can do two for a £1000 with a photo of Paul Lambert in a Burnley/West Ham shirt thrown in (not sure which one it is, but it''s claret and blue).

i would love to see him here he would add class and goals to the midfield. Of course he would have to take a massive pay cut and we probably would only get half a season out of him. On the other hand he would probably be free and ease us through that first 1 to 2 seasons

Gotta say, i''m no expert but his whole body language changed after they asked about Norwich, lots of scratching, rubbing of eyes etc.

I think there''s been some talk already and Helen seemed to know as she was giving him a crafty grin.

Those that didnt see it, go www.socceram.com, click on videos, then latest clips and its there at the bottom, see what you think.

I think he could do a good job for us next season. With regards to his Hull contract, we could take him on loan just as Ipswich did and pay only a portion of his wages. That is still a better deal for Hull than them having to pay his full wages for the season, and it also has the benefit of us being able to send him back if we are relegated.

A loan is about as likely as it will get. He wouldn''t drop his wages THAT much to come here. I mean roughly what is the wage cap at Norwich? £15k p/w?

Tbh I''m really not that fussed if we got him or not. The midfield isn''t in need of massive changes (just minor tweeks) and theres loads of better deals to be found elsewhere anyway.

[quote user="Harry"]TWTD is going into meltdown over this.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/bwahaha.gif[/IMG][/quote]HAHA they really are a funny bunch, you would think by now they would have got the message that we are a bigger club who can offer players far greater prospects that what their sorry bunch can. Any player would naturally choose us over them if given the choice. I think many Town fans thought giving him POTS would increase their chances of signing him, when in actual fact it must of made Bullard realize just how bad the rest of the Ipswich Town team are.As for Lambert signing him I would personally welcome this signing but it remains to be seen if Lambert is genuinely interested, judging by Bullards reaction their has been no contact or sign of interest between him and Norwich thus far.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]While I wouldn''t complain if we got Bullard, particularly cause we''d be p issing of the S cummers in the process, I feel the midfield is the teams strongest area and others areas need addressing more urgently![/quote]

Its not that strong.

First choice midfielders: Crofts, Fox, Hoolahan, Surman. Back up: Smith, MacNamee.

Then you have: Gill, Hughes, OTJ all of whom look likely to leave.

So three central midfielders and three attacking/wide midfielders. That''s not enough for any level really. One injury or suspension and we could be walking a tightrope. Especially when its not as if Hoolahan or MacNamee could really step into the middle like some other wingers can.

Agreed. If we lost a couple of players to long-term injury, such as Ruddy and Hoolahan we would not survive without strong reinforcements, and if we had lost Holt at the end of this season I don''t think we would have been promoted. We''ve been lucky so far with injuries under Lambert and I don''t think that run will continue in the Prem.

Just watched the clip, and in my opinion there looked to be nothing in it with regards to Helen possibly knowing something. Hope our rumoured interest in him is just that - a rumour, he has too much of an over inflated ego and self importance for my liking 

[quote user="City1st"]"Not sure why everyone talks about his current wages, he knows that he''ll have to take a drop in wages

err, no

He is contracted to Hull for the next two and a half years at around 40k week. His agent will not want that contract torn up as it leaves every other contract vunerable to the same tactics.

Why have the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, the Pompey players and numerous others ''sat tight'' and seen out their contracts ?[/quote]But Bullard doesn''t use an agent, so it''s entirely his decision.

I appreciate his best years are behind him and his current wages would be totally unacceptable but lets get real he is still a class act. He got MOM even though we beat Ipswich 5 - 1 and he got their player of the season even though he only played 17 games for them. He was also great against us when we lost at home to Hull. As a squad option with probably no transfer fee we would be made not to try and get him. If we done someone else will. I would sooner have him on our side rather than playing against him next season

It would be funny but I really wouldn''t want him. He''s on massive wages, injury prone and seems like a bit of a mercenary, not what we need.

Also, how he was MOM against us was unbelievable. He scored a good goal but I''m sure there''s a phrase about throwing enough brown stuff against the wall.......