Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now in talks with Snodgrass?

I got a text last week from a mate who is a Leeds fan, thought it was balls, but he said that we were getting him. There well be be some substance to this then.

I mentioned A14 and Stanstead, not in regard to the closeness to the place mentioned, but with the fact that they are good infrastructure links from the midlands and a little further a field, unlike the hellish A17 and A47.

I also mentioned Stansted as I do remember the managerial interviews being close to the airport to keep gossip at a minimum.

So just quick infrastructure that can lead to a meeting which can be distanced from our local media etc.

Anyway lets see what happens. To be honest think we will hear more about players leaving, think we all know there are a hell of alot of possibles. Think this will be interesting. Then we can get excited about new players, as there are few players who we believe might leave that I would expect a contract extension being granted.

Steven Smith - returns to Scotland

Stephen Hughes - Who knows

Matt Gill - is good enough for league 1

Owain Tudor-Jones - needs to move on for his career

Oli Johnson - well down the pecking order

Cody McDonald - probably our only revenue making player, down the pecking order

Askou - will be released

Its

[quote user="DHLeisureStaff"]

Hi all, new here [:$] but thought I''d post as I may well have info on the Snodgrass rumours...

I work at Dunston Hall and whilst I do not have a player''s name on the booking, we have a single room booked for the next couple of nights by NCFC, which is standard procedure for when we bring new players in. One of our members here is groundstaff at Colney and they get informed of prospective new player tours as well, and they are due one on Thursday. With the pace and ever-increasing number of sources with info, I''d wager Mr Snodgrass may indeed appear here at Sunny Dunny over the next 24 hrs...

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

Rohan Ricketts just confirmed to somone on twitter that there has been developments in a move to an English club - really hoping it''s not him and that he was lying when he said he was due to have a trial with us. Snodgrass on the other hand gets a [Y] from me!

[quote user="DHLeisureStaff"]

Hi all, new here [:$] but thought I''d post as I may well have info on the Snodgrass rumours...

I work at Dunston Hall and whilst I do not have a player''s name on the booking, we have a single room booked for the next couple of nights by NCFC, which is standard procedure for when we bring new players in. One of our members here is groundstaff at Colney and they get informed of prospective new player tours as well, and they are due one on Thursday. With the pace and ever-increasing number of sources with info, I''d wager Mr Snodgrass may indeed appear here at Sunny Dunny over the next 24 hrs...

[/quote]Thanks for that [Y] Keep us up to date.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]Didn''t Lambert play with and manage Snodgrass at Livingston?[/quote]

They were at Livi at the same time...hopefully this rumour has some substance, he seems like a decent player with the right type of ambition/desire that Lambert demands.

Just closing my eyes to imagine a Snodgrass and Bennett partnership on the flanks. Would be great!

No because if he''s been seen in Asda, he won''t sign for another few seasons...... It takes them a while to find the way out.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

The first source I saw for this was some posts on wrathofthebarclay earlier today from someone claiming to have a reliable source who had told them that Norwich officials were in talks today with Snodgrass at some place called the Five Lakes Centre near Colchester. The poster implied his source had witnessed the meeting. I have no idea why this meeting should be at this centre nor if the poster has any track record with inside infor but frankly the venue is so random there might be something in it.

Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual despite hinting that he''s "in the know" in some way. This can be evidence by the fact that one minute he''s on here asking people if they can confirm the talks yet 5 minutes later he''s on norwich mad and leeds mad spreading the rumour Snodgrass is at Colney.

[/quote]

Just what part of my original post didn''t you understand?

''''Can anyone confirm this please?''''

I wasn''t sure of this signing and didn''t claim, or suggest, otherwise...but oh no, far better for posters like you to indulge in your usual bit of Wiz kicking rather then say thanks Wiz.

Leeds fan here...Firstly congratulations on back to back promotions. You thoroughly deserved it!Re. Snodgrass. I''d be surprised if he went to Norwich. I think sides from mid-table up to 5th place would be looking at him. No disrespect but (for now) bigger teams will be sniffing.Snodgrass also has a couple of years on his contract so we are under no pressure to sell.However - if I were to sacrifice one of our better players (Gradel, Snoddy, Howson, Becchio) then Snoddy would be the one. The reasons being that he would command a fee of around £3-4 million and we could fund a proper promotion push with that money.What Snodgrass lacks is pace. If he had it he would be playing for a top 4 team in the Prem - no doubt about it. He is 2 footed, can beat men for fun, works fairly hard, good set pieces. I''m not sure he''d fit into your diamond system though unless he was at the top of it but then you''d lose his wing play.For the record I believe Gradel is more important to Leeds. His pace and directness gives him the edge over Snoddy even though he lacks the abililty of Snoddy.All the best!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

The first source I saw for this was some posts on wrathofthebarclay earlier today from someone claiming to have a reliable source who had told them that Norwich officials were in talks today with Snodgrass at some place called the Five Lakes Centre near Colchester. The poster implied his source had witnessed the meeting. I have no idea why this meeting should be at this centre nor if the poster has any track record with inside infor but frankly the venue is so random there might be something in it.

Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual despite hinting that he''s "in the know" in some way. This can be evidence by the fact that one minute he''s on here asking people if they can confirm the talks yet 5 minutes later he''s on norwich mad and leeds mad spreading the rumour Snodgrass is at Colney.

[/quote]

I wasn''t sure of this signing and didn''t claim, or suggest, otherwise...but oh no, far better for posters like you to indulge in your usual bit of Wiz kicking rather then say thanks Wiz.

[/quote]

I understood your first post on here full well but you were posting on the footy mad network an hour or so earlier that you understood he was at colney having talks thus implying you had some sort of source.

[quote user="Huckerby123"]Leeds fan here...Firstly congratulations on back to back promotions. You thoroughly deserved it!Re. Snodgrass. I''d be surprised if he went to Norwich. I think sides from mid-table up to 5th place would be looking at him. No disrespect but (for now) bigger teams will be sniffing.Snodgrass also has a couple of years on his contract so we are under no pressure to sell.However - if I were to sacrifice one of our better players (Gradel, Snoddy, Howson, Becchio) then Snoddy would be the one. The reasons being that he would command a fee of around £3-4 million and we could fund a proper promotion push with that money.What Snodgrass lacks is pace. If he had it he would be playing for a top 4 team in the Prem - no doubt about it. He is 2 footed, can beat men for fun, works fairly hard, good set pieces. I''m not sure he''d fit into your diamond system though unless he was at the top of it but then you''d lose his wing play.For the record I believe Gradel is more important to Leeds. His pace and directness gives him the edge over Snoddy even though he lacks the abililty of Snoddy.All the best!

[/quote]

He does remind me of a Scottish James Milner, but maybe even better when it comes to ability. It''ll be interesting to see developments of the next few days.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I understood your first post on here full well but you were posting on the footy mad network an hour or so earlier that you understood he was at colney having talks thus implying you had some sort of source.[/quote]

Thats your interpretation and thats all fine, but why then make your post ''''personal'' towards me:

''''Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual''''

That, however you dress it up, is point scoring and does you little credit imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I understood your first post on here full well but you were posting on the footy mad network an hour or so earlier that you understood he was at colney having talks thus implying you had some sort of source.[/quote]

Thats your interpretation and thats all fine, but why then make your post ''''personal'' towards me:

''''Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual''''

That, however you dress it up, is point scoring and does you little credit imo.

[/quote]

Apologies if you feel that. You do, however, have a tendancy to post hearsay on here presented as ITK info. In this case though I accept that the post on this board was not of this nature.

Pehaps Lambert did intend to sign him, but is just waiting until he moves to West Ham

...... or Snodgrass was only to be a loan and ''We will not sign a loan striker''

Or course it could simply be that we are going into administration, as we do in May, and so there are not the funds

Either way with Holt out for only three months we might just scrape by until mid August

Would love this to be true. Great player is Snodgrass.

However, I won''t beleive it til I see it!

[quote user="City1st"]Pehaps Lambert did intend to sign him, but is just waiting until he moves to West Ham ...... or Snodgrass was only to be a loan and ''We will not sign a loan striker'' Or course it could simply be that we are going into administration, as we do in May, and so there are not the funds Either way with Holt out for only three months we might just scrape by until mid August[/quote]

Cruel... but funny.

"Would love to see snoddy here, I may be mistaken but I seem to remember Barcelona having an interest in him a couple of years ago"

He apparently turned down a trial for them when he was a youngster.

i wonder who was in the talks with Snodgrass as the club has said that Lambert was in long talks with the club over his new contract.

Anyway, our friend at the hotel can tell us who has been staying there, curtesy of the club and the other lad can tell us who went on the guided tour of the ground tomorrow.

So all should be revealed by late afternoon tomorrow (Thurs).

I can''t wait

It wasn''t Snodgrass Barcelona were interested in it was Vicktor Moses of Crystal Palace, who later joined Wigen.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Would love to see snoddy here, I may be mistaken but I seem to remember Barcelona having an interest in him a couple of years ago[/quote]

No, it''s just some crap that someones cheekily added to Wikipedia I think. Like anyone turns down a trial at Barcelona! For that reason, I''d want more verification than Wiki - Maybe someone from Dunston Hall can interupt his porridge and ask him for us?

I thought the Dunston Hall guy was actually just some joker making up more tripe?? If he actually does work there then it''s very exciting..but I''ll remain skeptical for now

[quote user="scrimmage"]"Would love to see snoddy here, I may be mistaken but I seem to remember Barcelona having an interest in him a couple of years ago"

He apparently turned down a trial for them when he was a youngster.[/quote][url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/robert-snodgrass-we-need-to-be-confident-tonight-or-arsenal-will-run-over-the-top-of-us-2187807.html]This interview in The Indy[/url] explains the myth that Snodgrass turned down a Brcelona trial.

If you believe everything you read about Snodgrass,

it would be tempting to think that he and Arsenal captain Fabregas have

not just tonight''s FA Cup date in common, but also a Barcelona

connection. Snodgrass, as the oft-told tale goes, turned down the chance

of a trial with the Catalan giants after some impressive performances

for Scotland at the 2006 European Under-19 Championship.

This is not quite true, according to the player himself who suggests he

heard only rumours, nothing more. "The chief executive spoke to

somebody at Barcelona but that was the last I heard," said Snodgrass.

"Still to this day I don''t know much about it."
I''d love to see him here. Top player.