Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now in talks with Snodgrass?

Other message boards now confirming the source as none other than Paul Lambert at Colney!

Apparently down to a mistranslation of Scottish accent. Local reporter picked up Lambo''s instruction to Colney groundsman of "I need short grass, aye nu," as "Ryan Snodgrass here right now".

This is a player I would love to see in yellow and Green, fantastic ability and hungry to prove himself at a higher level. Whats more is that the Leeds fan would be pretty pissed.

BUT Wiz where are getting this from? Im going to be gutted if you''ve made this up....

[quote user="birchfest"]This is a player I would love to see in yellow and Green, fantastic ability and hungry to prove himself at a higher level. Whats more is that the Leeds fan would be pretty pissed.

BUT Wiz where are getting this from? Im going to be gutted if you''ve made this up....
[/quote]

Wiz only makes stuff up  in every other post, so this may or may not be true

If he''s made it up I''m going to see to it that McNally kicks him in the 1stWizards sleeve, with a couple of Lambert glasgow kiss''s flown in for good measure.

This would be a quality signing, nobody in their right mind wouldn''t want to see this happen, plus you wouldn''t know how quickly I''d want to see my ''glory'' supporting Leeds chums. Really hope this story has got legs...

So we were in talks with Maynard and now in talks with Snodgrass eh? We''ll have about 10 of these ''at Colney now'' threads and by the time there''s any real announcement we''ll expect to have signed an entire new team! lol. All of them stood before the media in shiny new Nike/Errea/Macron/Puma/Armani/George from Asda kits. Isn''t it exciting?[H]

Not always true.....sometimes players with a particular reputation stick to what they do best.

Ronaldo to Real.....continues to score goals and wear hair wax

Michael Owen to Man Utd.....continues to be injured

Torres to Chelsea.......continues to sulk.

From my experence the internet is the prefered means - especially when it''s something like the sun.

Mostly it will be a couple of spotty teenagers/interns who are under a brief to provide so much material.

Now does anyone genuinely think these kids spend all day phoning clubs asking who is joining/leaving !

Likewise does anyone think that chief executives, members of the board, agents, manager or players phone these low level media sources when a transfer is in the offing ?

So it''s back to the fail safe method of speculating and adding 2 and 2 and coming up with X, safe in the knowledge that it will keep it''s readers/listeners belevng that they are being fed vital and confidential infrmation.

Mystic meg, mediums and all other mumbo jumbo merchants worktothe same pattern - it works for them so why not use it for other non too right folk ?

I will believe it when I see it but I really hope this is true.  I would have Snodgrass over Kebe any day of the week!

The first source I saw for this was some posts on wrathofthebarclay earlier today from someone claiming to have a reliable source who had told them that Norwich officials were in talks today with Snodgrass at some place called the Five Lakes Centre near Colchester. The poster implied his source had witnessed the meeting. I have no idea why this meeting should be at this centre nor if the poster has any track record with inside infor but frankly the venue is so random there might be something in it.

Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual despite hinting that he''s "in the know" in some way. This can be evidence by the fact that one minute he''s on here asking people if they can confirm the talks yet 5 minutes later he''s on norwich mad and leeds mad spreading the rumour Snodgrass is at Colney.

[quote user="CanaryNath"]Not always true.....sometimes players with a particular reputation stick to what they do best. Ronaldo to Real.....continues to score goals and wear hair wax Michael Owen to Man Utd.....continues to be injured Torres to Chelsea.......continues to sulk.[/quote]

The Doc to Charlton....continues to be s hit.

Snodgrass IMO is the perfect example of the kind of Players PL will be sniffing around. I think he''s in our reach finacially both Transfer and wages, Clearly a great talent who most seem to think is a premiership player and the sort of lad PL would improve.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

The first source I saw for this was some posts on wrathofthebarclay earlier today from someone claiming to have a reliable source who had told them that Norwich officials were in talks today with Snodgrass at some place called the Five Lakes Centre near Colchester. The poster implied his source had witnessed the meeting. I have no idea why this meeting should be at this centre nor if the poster has any track record with inside infor but frankly the venue is so random there might be something in it.

Wiz clearly knows sod all as usual despite hinting that he''s "in the know" in some way. This can be evidence by the fact that one minute he''s on here asking people if they can confirm the talks yet 5 minutes later he''s on norwich mad and leeds mad spreading the rumour Snodgrass is at Colney.

[/quote]That''s believable on both fronts. I do believe the Five Lakes is a conference centre, but I still don''t understand why they would meet there unless it was convenient for both parties....which would imply that Snodgrass was oddly nowhere near Leeds?

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Wiz can you please tell us the source or if this is complete bull s*it?[/quote]

Leeds mad and carrowroad.net and no, I didn''t start either rumour!

Maybe Alan Brazil was at the awards at got some info out of Lambert? lol

Just had a look on youtube and Snodgrass really does tick all the boxes off the pitch and looks almost the complete player on it.

I remember that the club did interviews for the manager position, either grant or roeder''s appointment, in the essex area. Guessing with infrastructure of the A14 and Stanstead it is a good location.

Also we have a centre, do we not, close to the outskirts of Luton where we can recruit young players for the youth teams. Isn''t there something about a radius of 90 minutes travel away is your catchment area.

But again any real movement of course is going to be at Carrow Road and Colney. But again I do recall us using a venue in that area for managerial interviews.

Who knows, a cracking player who would be at home in the premiership. Nifty, tricky, plenty of desire and most importantly genuine quality, seems like a good fit.

I live very close to Five Lakes and although a nice enough hotel/golf course/tennis centre (it''s the one England used when playing at Ip5w1ch) it isn''t exactly close to the A14. But it is certainly out of the way of media attention, so maybe used for that reason.

How is the A14 relevant here anyway?  I know it wasn''t you who brought it up originally Legend Iwan.Someone mentioned Stansted and the A14, but if I was heading to that area from Stansted I wouldn''t be using the A14?!

Hi all, new here [:$] but thought I''d post as I may well have info on the Snodgrass rumours...

I work at Dunston Hall and whilst I do not have a player''s name on the booking, we have a single room booked for the next couple of nights by NCFC, which is standard procedure for when we bring new players in. One of our members here is groundstaff at Colney and they get informed of prospective new player tours as well, and they are due one on Thursday. With the pace and ever-increasing number of sources with info, I''d wager Mr Snodgrass may indeed appear here at Sunny Dunny over the next 24 hrs...