Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Order your souvenir Norwich City promotion magazine

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Full pages, half pages..what? And how much cash goes to City?

And they want me to pay for that!

No way.

[/quote]

----

Which bit of capitalism do you not understand?[8-|]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Full pages, half pages..what? And how much cash goes to City?

And they want me to pay for that!

No way.

[/quote]

----

Which bit of capitalism do you not understand?[8-|]

[/quote]

The bit where they wish to rip me off for 15 chuffing quid pal! [^o)]

Company offers product.Some people buy it. Some don''t. Some people who buy it moan about it.Some people who don''t buy it moan about it anyway.The end.

I fully understand capitalism, I have a degree in Politics and Economics.If, however a company charges a ludicrous amount for a product, USUALLY  they will at least offer something to another pot, in this instance the club or FITC could be a beneficiary. Honestly, if they had said "Yea, it''s £15.00 but X% goes to Y I am sure many more people would have been interested. Just like why we pay £15 for the demolition derby DVD when we could just leave it recorded in HD on our Sky box :P

My last words on this is:

Buy it and give Archant your money and nothing to City or like me wait, and then spend your cash at the club shop when something ''official'' comes out.

The latter method would benefit the club more imo.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]I suggest you stop using Archants messageboards then First Wizard if you are so anti them. Get a life - simple if you dont want it, dont buy it and stop dribbling c rap on here.[/quote]

I''m not anti Archant, but I don''t like to see the club or fans lose out on potencial money because some commercial outfit wants to cash in on City''s outstanding archivements.

Now, run along, thats a good lad.

So you do not want to see any Norfolk business do well from NCFC''s promotion? You dont want to see the local economy do well which we know is having a tough time?

I suggest you call Wetherspoons at Riverside who made an extremely healthy amount and demand some of there revenue from their record breaking day from the Promotion Party then.

That is a very simple view First Wiazrd and one from someone who clearly does not understand business.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]So you do not want to see any Norfolk business do well from NCFC''s promotion? You dont want to see the local economy do well which we know is having a tough time? I suggest you call Wetherspoons at Riverside who made an extremely healthy amount and demand some of there revenue from their record breaking day from the Promotion Party then. That is a very simple view First Wiazrd and one from someone who clearly does not understand business.[/quote]

I''m happy to admit that, so go ahead and buy it, I sincerly hope you enjoy it.

I''ve expressed my opinion, so ignore it if you wish, your choice, simples.

[quote user="jayncfc"]I fully understand capitalism, I have a degree in Politics and Economics.

If, however a company charges a ludicrous amount for a product, USUALLY  they will at least offer something to another pot, in this instance the club or FITC could be a beneficiary. Honestly, if they had said "Yea, it''s £15.00 but X% goes to Y I am sure many more people would have been interested. Just like why we pay £15 for the demolition derby DVD when we could just leave it recorded in HD on our Sky box :P
[/quote]

--

For starters, it''s only your opinion that £15 is too much. It sounds on the high side but until one sees the product who knows? But I imagine Archant, who do this for a living, have worked out that at £15 they get a decent profit but no more. If they were to donate part of the profits to the club, as you suggest, they would have to charge - say - £20.

But the main point is that your demolition derby analogy makes no sense at all. That is not some outside organisation producing the DVD and giving part of the proceeds to the club. That is the club producing a DVD purely as a money-spinning wheeze for itself. Presumably those fans who bought (which doesn''t include me) it did so for a very simple reason. Either they don''t have Sky (in my universe people don''t) or they simply didn''t think to record it. They didn''t buy it as an act of charity.

Agreed, but it is something that still goes to the club is it not? People are willing to pay that but they are safe in the knowledge that it will be going to the club.  I think it is overpriced, I have expressed my reasoning as to why I think it is overpriced. If you wish to pay that much money for it then that is fine, but I think you will find A LOT more who aren''t. My next point would be what would you pay for any other magazine? Under my coffee table now I can see around 5 and they are all under £5.00

[quote user="jayncfc"]Agreed, but it is something that still goes to the club is it not? People are willing to pay that but they are safe in the knowledge that it will be going to the club.  I think it is overpriced, I have expressed my reasoning as to why I think it is overpriced. If you wish to pay that much money for it then that is fine, but I think you will find A LOT more who aren''t. My next point would be what would you pay for any other magazine? Under my coffee table now I can see around 5 and they are all under £5.00
[/quote]

---

But that''s not why people bought the demolition derby DVD. They bought the DVD because they wanted to; I doubt the fact that the money was going to the club entered into their thinking at all.

As to the magazine I''ve no idea if it''s worth £15. If there is one left in Smith''s or at Archant Towers when I''m in Norwich in the autumn I''ll thumb through and see.

As it happens I think £15 for a magazine that reviews the whole season strikes me as a  much more sensible purchase than a £15 DVD of ONE game when the DVD of the whole 49-game season, including that Ipswich game, will be available in the summer at a price that will be bound to represent far greater value for money.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Pete, when''s the magazine actually published?
[/quote]

13th June.
[/quote]

The 13th?

Says it all really.

They could have stuck a firm cover on it and marketed it as a book but at £15, I still wouldn''t have bought it.

Absolutely shocking from Archant there but it doesn''t really surprise me.

I''d be more willing to spend the £15 were Archant execs to state that they would use the cash to save jobs rather than line their own fat pockets... ho hum...

Ordered mine the other day. Am I missing something, because on the form, there was no field to say the name you wanted printing in it? Do they just print the name of whoevers buying it? I really wanted the name of the person I''m giving it to as a present.

Slightly Askou - Will have an answer for you today.LowestoftBoy - To change the name which is printed please email

norfolk.newspapersales@archant.co.uk with the subject line "Just Can''t

Get Enough" along with your details and the name you want to appear, by

the same deadline.

[quote user="Slightly Askou"]SDP , I want to order two with different names in, do I have too complete the order form twice to do this?[/quote]Order both at the same time then quote your order number in the email to norfolk.newspapersales@archant.co.uk along with both of the names you want in the magazine as well as stating that you have ordered two copies.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Slightly Askou"]SDP , I want to order two with different names in, do I have too complete the order form twice to do this?[/quote]Order both at the same time then quote your order number in the email to norfolk.newspapersales@archant.co.uk along with both of the names you want in the magazine as well as stating that you have ordered two copies.[/quote]Hope that went through OK , thanks for your help SDP.

Today is the 26th is it too late to order it with my name inside? is there a time of day where the cut off is. Its just my payday here and my money doesnt hit my bank til 6pm UK TIME

PeteJust tried to email as you suggested to get names in copies and got failure to deliver as below
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.        allan.logan@archant.co.uk 
Used the email address you gave norfolk.newspapersales@archant.co.ukRegards Chris

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Names in copies of the magazine had to be submitted before 26 May.[/quote]Darnnnnn well no point in doing it today then :( grrrrr

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Just got my copy and all i say is wow..... i really hope the wet lettuce aka First Wizard sees it as i think i counted 5 adverts in the whole thing. It is worth the £15 i spent and my name is in the back!![/quote]

Wet Lettuce? hmm , I''ve been called worse on here.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-085.gif[/IMG]

I live in Bulgaria but still not come this magazine to my address...

Its early to worie about out post service or long time ago is shiped ....