Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

25 man Premiership squad....how many vacancies??

Loans can only be made unless there is exceptional circumstances (i remember the manchester city goalkeeper crisis) but I think it has to go through the FA for this.

I think players loaned out to clubs in lower leagues e.g. championship, lg 1 etc. can be recalled but im not sure about recalling from other premiership clubs.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Am I right to assume that although we can only acquire new players duirng the two transfer windows we can at any time recall players we have loaned out? Having read the relevant section in the PL rule book I couldn''t immediately find the answer, but perhaps it was hidden away in the verbiage. I certainly seem to remember that Ferguson pere[:@] recalled players from Preston when Ferguson fils got the boot.

[/quote]

As far as I understand it once the deadline for your 25 passes then that''s it until January. We probably could loan out players named in the 25 then recall them but if they are not named in the 25 we can not play them at all in the Premiership.

[quote user=LincsCanary]

Loans can only be made unless there is exceptional circumstances (i remember the manchester city goalkeeper crisis) but I think it has to go through the FA for this. I think players loaned out to clubs in lower leagues e.g. championship, lg 1 etc. can be recalled but im not sure about recalling from other premiership clubs.

[quote]

---

Thanks for that. I suspect any loans we made would be to clubs below the Premier League, so if you''re right about that then we could recall them.

The separate question of a goalkeeping crisis, like the one that affected Man City, is potentially relevant to us, for this reason. At the moment we only three candidates - Ruddy, Rudd and Steer. I assume the next one off the conveyor belt is Matthews but he wouldn''t be regarded as being remotely ready.

But if we went just with those three and then had injuries to one or two of them and applied for an emergency loan I suspect we might well get turned down, on the basis that we hadn''t covered the position adequately. In other words, four is regarded as the requisite number of keepers to have at a PL club, even if one or two of them are loaned out.

If all of that is correct, then (whatever we think of Ruddy) we definitely need another competent keeper, either in the 25-man list or in the secondary list.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Am I right to assume that although we can only acquire new players duirng the two transfer windows we can at any time recall players we have loaned out? Having read the relevant section in the PL rule book I couldn''t immediately find the answer, but perhaps it was hidden away in the verbiage. I certainly seem to remember that Ferguson pere[:@] recalled players from Preston when Ferguson fils got the boot.

[/quote]

As far as I understand it once the deadline for your 25 passes then that''s it until January. We probably could loan out players named in the 25 then recall them but if they are not named in the 25 we can not play them at all in the Premiership.

[/quote]

Thanks, Joanna, although if I have understood the situation (which I may not have done) clubs are not limited to picking only from the 25-man squad. At Villa for example, Albrighton was listed in the secondary (young) squad but still played. So presumably we could loan out and recall players from either of the squads. In our case, for example, we could loan Rudd to - say - Brentford - and recall him outside the January window if we had a goalkeeping injury.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, Joanna, although if I have understood the situation (which I may not have done) clubs are not limited to picking only from the 25-man squad. At Villa for example, Albrighton was listed in the secondary (young) squad but still played. So presumably we could loan out and recall players from either of the squads. In our case, for example, we could loan Rudd to - say - Brentford - and recall him outside the January window if we had a goalkeeping injury.

[/quote]

Example 1; We loan out Steer to a lower league club, Ruddy and Rudd are both injured so we recall Steer and he takes his place in the first team - no problem as he is under 21.

Example 2; We loan out Cody who HAS been named in the 25, we have a striker emergency and recall him to the first team - no problem as he has been named in the 25.

Example 3: We loan out Cody who has NOT  been named in the 25, we have a striker emergency but there is no point in recalling him as he can not play until January (when we can re-shuffle the 25).

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Example 1; We loan out Steer to a lower league club, Ruddy and Rudd are both injured so we recall Steer and he takes his place in the first team - no problem as he is under 21.

Example 2; We loan out Cody who HAS been named in the 25, we have a striker emergency and recall him to the first team - no problem as he has been named in the 25.

Example 3: We loan out Cody who has NOT  been named in the 25, we have a striker emergency but there is no point in recalling him as he can not play until January (when we can re-shuffle the 25).

[/quote]

--

Indeed. As I had thought. Thanks.