Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Lambert Records.

We all know of his 2 records that are exceptional

a) never lost 2 league games in a row in the same season.

b)never had a team do the double over us.

But does anyone think that we will still have them intact this time next season? I believe that we will lose the ''never lost 2 in a row'' record because we will play someone like Arsenal away (which I feel we will get beat, take Swansea away this season), and then play liverpool/tottenham at home and get beat. Maybe over the xmas period time when we have less strength throughout the whole squad then the top teams and the games will all be bunched up.

But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this![/quote]Come on, surely one of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City/Spurs/Liverpool will do the double over us? I''d be shocked if that record stays intact.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Look at wolves this season and who they have beaten at home, chelsea, arsenal, man utd...[/quote]They''ve been doubled by Wigan, Bolton and Arsenal this season. Just because a team is picking up a few decent results here and there, it doesn''t mean they are capable of going through a whole Premier League season without someone doing the double over them.

Banana, if we draw against every team and get some wins a long the way and no one does the double over us then we will be challenging for Europe.  Come on, lets be just a little bit realistic.

[quote user="Boyo"]Banana, if we draw against every team and get some wins a long the way and no one does the double over us then we will be challenging for Europe.  Come on, lets be just a little bit realistic.[/quote]

I mean that we will get at least a draw as a minimum vs every team over the 2 games, that gets us just 19 points.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this![/quote]Come on, surely one of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City/Spurs/Liverpool will do the double over us? I''d be shocked if that record stays intact.[/quote]Banana, when I was young I used to think Norwich would '' never get beat ''. That was then.In the Premiership we''re up against some teams who may as well be from another planet. We''ll get some right royal hammerings next year and Paul Lambert''s record of no '' back to back '' defeats isn''t going to survive too far into the season. That said I''m hopeful we can do enough over the season to stay up.If you must have a bet make it a very wee one........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this![/quote]

Come on, surely one of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City/Spurs/Liverpool will do the double over us? I''d be shocked if that record stays intact.
[/quote]

Banana, when I was young I used to think Norwich would '' never get beat ''. That was then.

In the Premiership we''re up against some teams who may as well be from another planet. We''ll get some right royal hammerings next year and Paul Lambert''s record of no '' back to back '' defeats isn''t going to survive too far into the season. That said I''m hopeful we can do enough over the season to stay up.

If you must have a bet make it a very wee one........
[/quote]

I suppose thats the same as last season everyone(well the large majority) saying we would never go up [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this![/quote]Come on, surely one of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City/Spurs/Liverpool will do the double over us? I''d be shocked if that record stays intact.[/quote]Banana, when I was young I used to think Norwich would '' never get beat ''. That was then.In the Premiership we''re up against some teams who may as well be from another planet. We''ll get some right royal hammerings next year and Paul Lambert''s record of no '' back to back '' defeats isn''t going to survive too far into the season. That said I''m hopeful we can do enough over the season to stay up.If you must have a bet make it a very wee one........[/quote]

I suppose thats the same as last season everyone(well the large majority) saying we would never go up [;)]

[/quote]Yes, a lot of people, me included, never in a million years thought we''d go up this season. But not many people thought we might go straight back down either which I doubt is the case this time round.We''re playing against the big boys now and that''s a whole new ball game......

It''s funny, you would think that the record of not losing back-to-back games will go - but the last time we were in the top flight it took until Boxing Day before we lost consecutive matches (and that was with our 13-game winless run at the start).  So depending on the fixture list it will almost certainly go but maybe not without a fight.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

But I think that we will at least draw against every team once next season meaning that we keep the record of ''never having the team do the double over us'' so much so I''ll have a wee little bet on this!

[/quote]And this is exactly why you never meet a poor bookmaker.Nana, I''ll give you 50/1 odds on this up to a maximum bet of £20 (so I''d owe you £1,020 if it came right).

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

And this is exactly why you never meet a poor bookmaker.

Nana, I''ll give you 50/1 odds on this up to a maximum bet of £20 (so I''d owe you £1,020 if it came right).

[/quote]

Well that puts 2 of the England Keepers on the for sale list now with B-ham down