Sign in to follow this  
NWC

"Tapping Up" in the Premier League

What didn''t help us in our last premier league outing was key players losing focus due to being "tapped up" by other clubs at the January transfer window.

Best example of this was probably Damian Francis, who was on fire for the first half of the season, and had his head up his own ar5e for the second half.

Ian Holloway has declared not very cryptically that Blackpools poor form is down to Charlie Adam being tapped up by Liverpool.

Our players are going to attract attention from other prem clubs, and europe, but where I think it is different this time is that Lambert is such a strong manager who is completely focussed on the team as a whole, and will not let anything disrupt that.

I thought Francis had a fight with McKenzie over one or other of them sleeping with the others wife or something?

That was the rumour, when various other rumours about Green and Ashton were afloat.  Just shows the disorder in the team.

Francis did seem to give up as the season went on and never looked as good as he did when we first signed him.  Here''s to Paul Lambert who hasn''t made a bad signing yet in my reckoning.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I thought Francis had a fight with McKenzie over one or other of them sleeping with the others wife or something?[/quote]thats bull sh*t... and has been confirmed by many interviews since....

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

More like denied in many interviews since!

[/quote]ok.. so 2 players have a ruck at a premiership club, where the press and media frequent daily.. but not one news paper or TV channel reports it.... just someone starting an internet rumour which was taken as gospel....Both players are kept at Norwich and not farmed off at the first opportunity (Split dressing room with friends siding with friends) isnt this odd as well... If you got in a punch up with a work colleague wouldnt both of you be givn the sack?