Sign in to follow this  
Garden City Canary

Paul McVeigh

Pardon my ignorance if this has already been discussed.

However, can anyone tell me what has happened to McVeigh?

As far as I can tell he isn''t injured and yet he hasn''t been in the team recently, (not even on the bench).  Surely, with the injury situation as it is, especially in midfield, he would usually be in the squad ahead of the likes of Jarvis and Crow etc.

Is there something going on behind the scenes that we don''t know about?  

No mention of McVeigh going to Crewe that I have heard. He has disappeared off the screen totally- even the latest bit from NW in  the pinkun referred to only 15 or 16 fully fit players and no mention of McVeigh. Smacks of the Glen Hoddle school of man management.................

Perhaps the lad has got personal problems of some sort, and the club are allowing him time out? Compassion would make you do this without media speculation - and us gossiping!! Maybe we should leave this one and see if he comes back. After all he played loads at the start of the season..and he should have played with injuries.

When we first signed WLY from Spurs he came as a striker. Has he actually ever played up front????? I always remember hime on the left or right.

I remember him getting his break in the play off season when he came on in the first game of the season at Millwall away (4-0 defeat) for an injured Chris Llewellyn. Since then he has always been a winger.

Maybe he is worth a go up front with Ashton??? What do you think?? At least he can shoot!!

You appear to have forgotten the next season, when he played up front with Iwan until Christmas, bagging 12 or so goals.

He played upfront with Nielsen during our play-off push and scored one of the best headers you''ll ever see against Wolves in the Semi-Final 1st leg. Scored 10 that season then was our top goalscorer next season with 15. So yes he has played, and can do a job, upfront.

Well done Bananaman and Pete. I bow to your superior memory. Thats probably why you are a Senior Member and Guru and I''m plain old member.

But that surely reinforces the point. Why not play him up front with Ashton. He always seems to be put in midfield?? I think he could be a better foil for Ashton than Mackenzie.

Yup, we''ve had these chats before on here.

I, and many others, are of the opinion that he is the most talented member of our squad.

Others would say that he hasn''t pulled his weight, I would say he is a victim of circumstance - "He''s good on the wing" or "He''s too small".

He could play up front with Ashton, would do a brilliant job, and everyone would love him again.

But he ain''t gonna get the chance, I''m afraid. Worthy''s not up for it. The only worry I have is that Huckerby is going to go down the same route - forced to play on the wing, lose form, get replaced, become forgotten man etc etc.