Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

200K paid to Posh now

According to Barry Fry on the bbc, Peterborough are due another 200K as an add on from the R Martin deal. They got 100K from us gaining promotion last year and another 200 from doing it again this year. Not bad business on our part from a player who has been instrumental in our pormotion season, hate to see the money going to Peterborough though!http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13282925.stm

How much does that mean we have paid for him then?

He''s definatly been worth it though.

And how much do you think it would take for someone to buy him of us? (I think if we get relegated next season, not that we will, Martin will be staying in the Premiership)

Perhaps Bazza should have seen the ''non-guaranteed'' add-ons in a slightly different light when negotiating the potential CMS transfer eh?

Look like Norwich deliver results Mr Fry!

A piffling 200K ???

Pay the man and damn his hide!

Well, that''s peanuts compared to what we would have had to pay extra for CMS on promotion. We saved a fortune and Barry still may not get promotion !! He must feel gutted really. [:D]

ive searched the fee is stated as UNDISCLOSED, but im sure it wasnt much and he(R.Martin) has been outstanding for us this season and last and im sure he will be again in the prem.....CHEERS BARRY FRY!!! LOL

Russell Martin cost us £150k, an extra £100k last promotion, and £200k this promotion = £450k. Not bad business at all.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Russell Martin cost us £150k, an extra £100k last promotion, and £200k this promotion = £450k. Not bad business at all.[/quote]Quality signing if your initial figure is right. Been the one player to play every minute this season, will be so surprised if he is not in the top 2 for POTS. Has by far been one of the top RB in the league this season and i am sure will continue to do the job next season! Just like to see him beat players a bit more, he has a lot of pace

Be giving us some of it,if not all of it back anyway soon if Joe Lewis leaves in the summer like he''s meant to,so no biggy really

In other promotion clause news Robbie Cowling has confirmed that we don''t owe them anything for Fox or Tierney. Also the Gillingham fans seem to think that we will now owe them 400k for Jackson.

[quote user="Mahogany"]In other promotion clause news Robbie Cowling has confirmed that we don''t owe them anything for Fox or Tierney. Also the Gillingham fans seem to think that we will now owe them 400k for Jackson.[/quote]

If what i''ve heard is true than the Jackson fee rises to around the 1 million mark. I believe the rumour was 500k paid out initially so it seems potentially with regards to RM and Jackson add on,they could total to nearly a million.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Mahogany"]In other promotion clause news Robbie Cowling has confirmed that we don''t owe them anything for Fox or Tierney. Also the Gillingham fans seem to think that we will now owe them 400k for Jackson.[/quote]

If what i''ve heard is true than the Jackson fee rises to around the 1 million mark. I believe the rumour was 500k paid out initially so it seems potentially with regards to RM and Jackson add on,they could total to nearly a million.

[/quote]

Just to clarify,they could total to nearly a million in add ons alone. Still good business as they both turned out very influential in our quest for the Prem.

I should imagine when Joe Lewis leaves we will get some of it back as I believe there was a reasonable add on clause included in the original transfer.

Though what McNally will make of a podgy faced Fry wheezing up the stairs at Carrow Road with a brief case full of used fivers in his sweaty paws I don''t know.

Still, money is money I suppose

[quote user="City1st"]I should imagine when Joe Lewis leaves we will get some of it back as I believe there was a reasonable add on clause included in the original transfer. Though what McNally will make of a podgy faced Fry wheezing up the stairs at Carrow Road with a brief case full of used fivers in his sweaty paws I don''t know. Still, money is money I suppose[/quote]

Probably a very similar opinion that he had of you hugging Grant Holt.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

£600k initially with £400k of add ons.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]I should imagine gillingham may want to waive their add on to help their chances of signing Cody.[/quote]

True. I wonder how much Both teams value Cody and if it''s anywhere near the rumoured 500k add on for Jackson......

Cheers. So i wonder how much Cody will play in this, I reckon he''s got to be worth not far off that and Gillingham might fancy the waive.

Sorry I''ve taken it off topic a bit.

Yes i agree with everyone else, RM has been immense and certainly lived above my expectations of him when he first arrived.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Any player who dares to go on worldwide tv in just his budgie smugglers is ok with me. R Martin, legend...[/quote]

Hahaha that was funny though, one minute he was fully clothed, next time the cameras went in the dressing room he was there in pants and socks

"Probably a very similar opinion that he had of you hugging Grant Holt"

Except McNally was over the other side of the pitch in the seats at the time so I doubt if he saw much through the crowds of fans, players and stewards

It does help if you are there when commenting

[quote user="City1st"]"Probably a very similar opinion that he had of you hugging Grant Holt"

Except McNally was over the other side of the pitch in the seats at the time so I doubt if he saw much through the crowds of fans, players and stewards It does help if you are there when commenting[/quote]

If you were the old fart hugging Grant Holt then, unfortunately, I saw you. It still makes me shudder.

I thought they cut the coverage long before most of us got onto the pitch

[quote user="City1st"]I thought they cut the coverage long before most of us got onto the pitch[/quote]

No, you were on. You''re just a quick tune away from being a YouTube joke. Something like this:

My old man''s a dustman

He loves to hug Grant Holt

He forgot to wear his trousers

He really is a dolt

Oh yes, I was on the US version (or where ever you claim to be)