Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Promotion a tourist boost to the city with more people coming to Norfolk?

I don''t get all this talk. Our games are regularly sold out anyway so we can''t e any more in! (well apart from an extra 1000 perhaps).

Plus, in te Championship we have 23 home games, in the Prem only 19. So that means over 100,000 less people coming to Carrow Road over the season so I can''t quite work out how the city will gain by more people coming to see the football!!!!!!

It just gets us noticed more. The Premier League is shown all over the world, and whilst I doubt a shitload of people from South Korea, Qatar and Nigeria will suddenly visit the Norfolk Broads en masse, it will certainly get the name of the city out there to people who may not know much about it, or have never heard of it.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]It just gets us noticed more.

The Premier League is shown all over the world, and whilst I doubt a shitload of people from South Korea, Qatar and Nigeria will suddenly visit the Norfolk Broads en masse, it will certainly get the name of the city out there to people who may not know much about it, or have never heard of it.
[/quote]

[Y]

Plus you will get a lot more away fans,who might want to make a weekend of it!I can see a lot of teams bringing a full contingent of fans,rather than the 100 you saw with Preston,Scunthorpe etc

Also we will be seen as a bigger club by most championship sides, therefore if we did get relegated they would recognise us more from our stint(s) in the prem and want to come to carrow road.

It''s all a load of old tosh dreamt up & talked up by Marketing Companies looking to get a bit of extra business from gulible Companies who''ve got more money than sense &  can''t see the wood for the trees.

Ask yourself this, Wigan have been in the Premier League for several years and they''re on TV every Saturday night  but have you ever had it on your list as a possible holiday destination or the ideal place for a weekend break.