Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Lambert - A long-term Legend

How many managers have had the opportunity for their names to become synonymous with their clubs? (For instance - Matt Busby & Alex Fergusson - Man Utd, Bill Shankly & Bob Paisley - Liverpool,  then there is "Old Big ''Ead - Brian Clough - Notts Forest, as well as Alf Ramsey & Bobby Robson - "from a club down the road".)

Why would Paul Lambert, who could well be elevated to that position at Norwich - even consider leaving a club that he clearly loves? Who knows, his overall approach to the game might just be the breath of fresh air that the Premiership needs (as opposed to the overpaid, prancing, prima donnas that currently populate the Premiership).

He also understands the ethos of the club and is not likely to turn to the TEAM stalwarts that got us to the Premiership and say "thanks for helping to get us to the top - but you''re not good enough, so goodbye" like a certain Irishman did (RC may well have ripped the heart out of the club, but NW ripped the soul out of it!)

So, in summary, I have no doubt the Paul Lambert will want to stay - this is his team and he will want to derive the satisfaction of nurturing the success of his proteges.

I''ve thought the same thing; PL has a blank canvas to do whatever he wants really doesn''t he? Become a long-term legend like those you mentioned (although Cloughie also appeared at neighbours Derby - that''s akin to PL wearing blue down in Suffolk!) or skip onto a higher-profile role when it is inevitably offered to him.

PL''s red-hot property without any doubt. Mind you, here''s a point: Roberto Di Matteo successfully took West Brom up as Championship Runners-up only last year - now Roy Hodgson has his job.

Funny old game innit?

I think he should already be deemed as a legend. He came ind without sending us bankrupt he has displayed some of the best mgt skills you could ever want. He has worked with the board in completely understanding the clubs position, weaved majic on his transfers, man managed every individual, kept a mantra all year supporting his players, constantly backing them.

Has anyone heard a negative comment from him? He has fought for his team and let the players and the backroom staff get on with their jobs. He is a true players manager.

He fought to get people to our club who wanted to be there and he knows it is our club, believes it should be our club.

He should be used as an example of worldclass mgt.

Who knows what is going to happen, he will hopefully stay with us for many years. However as long as he stays for at least next season he should always be treated as an NCFC legend.

If things do go pear next year, let''s please remember what he has done and not be too quick to turn on him like some have with legends of the pass. Appreciate what he (and all those others so many are quick to slag - worthy, gunn, green) and thank them for some of the best moments in our life''s.

Finally our club has the togetherness that we have been missing for so long........ And I love it!

OTBC

(sorry bit of a rant)

He''ll move on when the time is right for him... probably to Germany.I doubt the usual ''Judas'' chants would ever be uttered at CR after the miracle he and his coaching staff have achieved.