Sign in to follow this  
OzCanary

I Was Wrong & I Apologise

I would like to apologise to Worthy and the board for questioning their ambition for survival in the Premiership.

Worthy is truly the master of the BLUFF.

Looking forward to seeing Ashton settle in and score the goals needed for us to move away from the relegation zone.

OTBC

I would like to congratulate Worthy and the board on the calculated gamble they have taken in bring Ashton to carrow rd. Alot of us fell for another Worthy bluff and some of us had a go at the board for not being ambitious. They have proved me wrong and i''m glad they have. OTBC

I''ve said it before, after the Huckerby coup, how could you doubt the man? (or the board for that matter)

At least it give the likes of me time for some gloating and a "Told you so!"

[quote]I would like to apologise to Worthy and the board for questioning their ambition for survival in the Premiership. Worthy is truly the master of the BLUFF. Looking forward to seeing Ashton settle in ...[/quote]

Why apologise Oz?, when, IMO, you acted on good faith, that what you believed coming out of Carrow Road was the truth.

Some poster''s say, ''what a bluff'', or ''they were playing their cards close to their chests'' etc.

IMO again, we were lied to, however you like to dress it up, and I would never apologise to people who lied to me.

Simple as that. 

But they didn''t lie to YOU as such, Wiz.

They merely manipulated the truth for our benefit.

That is not lying to you, that is helping you.

Must admit i agree with u Wiz. I think its quite clever that the board played us on the fact that we only had 1.2million to spend. So by splashing out on 3 million they  look like they have really made the effort. The money was there and i still feel more is there if they really want to make the effort, we have a tiny squad thatstill needs improving!!

[quote]But they didn''t lie to YOU as such, Wiz. They merely manipulated the truth for our benefit. That is not lying to you, that is helping you.[/quote]

Oh well, that''s all right then! bananaman.

[quote]Must admit i agree with u Wiz. I think its quite clever that the board played us on the fact that we only had 1.2million to spend. So by splashing out on 3 million they look like they have really mad...[/quote]

Notts Canary: Like you I''m wouldn''t be surprised if someone else turned up.

Where''s the money coming from?.

Down Worthy''s sofa I expect!.      

Gawd, it''s bad enough when some don''t come out and admit when they were wrong and slagged everyone off for saying wait and see, but to then still be upset cos they think they were lied to, boo hoo. We''ve got Ashton and i for one don''t want to know the exact state of everything if by knowing means we have less chance of success on the field. Grow up.

dont think its a case of being wrong anyway, in the cold light of day we have bought just one player (albeit one good player with alot of potential) thats hardly going to scare anyone!!!! Not sure if i am remember anyone slagging people off the wait and see approach, just wanted to see some ambition because it would not take much more to get in a position where we can end up fourth from bottom.

WIZARD, FORGIVE THE SHOUTING BUT YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!

You''ve simply found another way of attacking management. Instead of constantly criticising what they do, why don''t you imagine that you are responsible for club communications on this subject and conjure up ( you should be able to handle that ) something that would satisfy everyone, negotiators, shareholders and fans alike. It''s easy to cast stones when you have no responsibility. Come to think of it, you must be just like me and have no responsibility. 

I have to be honest here.  I''m torn.  I would like to apologise.  I was wrong.  I said that the board wouldn''t have the guts to stump up Deano type money.  But at the same time I was basing this on the sources coming out of Carrow Road.  The "1.2M" "We won''t buy in January" comments.  I trusted the board.  Doesn''t look like I''ll be doing that anytime soon!!

No you DIDN''T trust the board!!You thought they were pocketing the cash! Or saving it for a rainy day, you thought they weren''t "premier league" and you let your feelings be known. You thought we had more money and that they were trying to put one over on us.But really, they did it all for us!!If you''d trusted the board, like some of the people on here, you would have kept quiet.You should have known, on past dealings, that we always play a shrewd game in the transfer market.

DD, perhaps to repeat what SPat said, in a different way, on this thread, the issue seems to be a) should we be trusting the Board to manage the details or b) should we trust the Board to manage the club. I contend most of us, including you, trust this Board in the way they are managing the club. For those of us that do, we then only need to let the club manage the details. When the Board demonstrates, over the longer-term ( not month to month ) that they are taking the club in the wrong direction, then is the time to start questioning our trust in the Board. As many others have said, when you look at the path we are on, in all respects, for the past 3-4 years and the foreseeable future, even if we are relegated this year, there is no doubt that we are a club on the march forward.   

Ive said it before on here and I''ll say it again: "You don''t go into a car showroom and let the salesman know exactly how much money you have to spend".  I was as surprised as anyone whe Deano signed, but I don''t feel lied to, I just feel our great club is in safe hands for the future.  OTBC

[quote]WIZARD, FORGIVE THE SHOUTING BUT YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE! You''ve simply found another way of attacking management. Instead of constantly criticising what they do, why don''t you imagine that you are ...[/quote]

Yankee: I''m only complying with YOUR wishes for me to withhold most of my views on this subject until February the 1st!.

Hell, that''s so simple, even you can understand that. 

I know that. However, many retired people like to go fishing and applying a little bait is part of that. As a fish, you''re doing very well so far in avoiding the bait. Is there anything interesting going on down there?

[quote]I know that. However, many retired people like to go fishing and applying a little bait is part of that. As a fish, you''re doing very well so far in avoiding the bait. Is there anything interesting go...[/quote]

The one lesson I''ve learnt from you Yankee, is not to nibble at certain hooks.

But one secret I will let you in on is this, a promise that I won''t be apologising to anyone.

For spin read lie.

For bluff read lie.

For press and media release''s which turn out to be a bluff, read lie.

So there will be no apologise from me to the board, because I believed what the board told me!, so how that''s for loyalty?.

Your move mate.