Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Wes overlooked again!

Cant believe it! He''s been great this season and is a now a Premiership player yet still overlooked! Its not as if Ireland are doing really well is it!!

Do you know what this is a strange one, if Capello can pick Bothroyd then why is Trap overlooking a player who is now a premiership midfielder?

Do we know are there any other ROI squad players from the Championship as i imagine there are, Wales, ROI, Rep. and Scotland seem to be made up of half players outside the top flight.

He even played St Ledger in midfield a little while ago! There must be something sour behind the scenes.

Trappatoni is by all means an excellent manager in the domestic leagues, but hasn''t set the world alight at an international level.

McCarthy (Wigan), Whelan (Stoke), Wilson (Stoke), Gibson (Man Utd), McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Fahey (Birmingham), Lawrence (Portsmouth), Treacy (Preston), Hunt (Wolves), Ward (Wolves) Andrews (Blackburn)

Lawrence, Fahey and Ward.... he is def better than them!

What makes me laugh is Paul Green (Derby) regularly gets called up!

Poor Wes. Id tell the old Italian prat to shove it!

Only reason can be he won''t fit into their system. So would rather select players that do.

But still, having Wes on the bench to come on and work some magic wouldn''t be such a bad thing for them would it?

I obviously agree that he should and deserves a call up. However, whilst he isn''t called up, he gets less interest from other clubs, and also has less chance of injury. Nothing but positives for Norwich I suppose?

Feel sorry for Wes - after the way he''s played this season he deserves to be called up. However, just like others have said I''d prefer him not to be called up, though I''m sure he''s very disappointed. If he''s called up there''s the risk of other clubs developing interest in him and more seriously, injury (I''m certain we all want him available for us).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Only reason can be he won''t fit into their system. So would rather select players that do. But still, having Wes on the bench to come on and work some magic wouldn''t be such a bad thing for them would it?[/quote]

[Y]That''s it in a nutshell from what i have heard.I think the ball will bypass him.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Feel sorry for Wes - after the way he''s played this season he deserves to be called up. However, just like others have said I''d prefer him not to be called up, though I''m sure he''s very disappointed. If he''s called up there''s the risk of other clubs developing interest in him and more seriously, injury (I''m certain we all want him available for us).[/quote]And no offense, but NI aren''t really in a position to win anything. So as much as it would be a proud moment for Wes to play for his country, I have to agree that the risk is probably not worth taking.

He''s not NI, he''s a ROI.

And it doesn''t matter if they are going to win or not, otherwise very few people would play for their countries.....

What is even stranger is how the 1p5swich donkeys O''Dea and Delaney get picked in the ROI squad.

Delaney in particular is absolutely shocking and thankfully they have given him another two year contract down the road! They have no chance of promotion next season either with those two in defence.

Makes ya sick when ya see players of considerable less skill than him there.

And like you say, just because he doesn''t fit into a formation, doesn''t mean he wouldn''t be a great impact player.

Makes no sense and no one could convince me otherwise.

Wes is a fantastic footballer when sat behing the front two in the hole. In a basic 442 he is less effective. My point is, unless Ireland adopt that same diamond formation Wes will not be able to shine like we all know he can.

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]What has Wes done to upset Trappatoni? If ROI have 6+ better midfielders than him I''d like to know who they are.[/quote]

Their loss, our gain

I feel really sorry for the lad. If Ireland have 32 players better than our Wes then they are a better team than i give them credit for. How on earth the likes of Kevin Kilbane and Paul McShane are getting called up still is beyond me!

Benefits us I feel. Real shame for him as he''s been a standout player in the Championship this year and deserves a crack at it.

Shame for Wessi, but great for us. Like it has been said above, he really is only able to play in our system or as a 2nd striker. Their manager is a 442 man and he wouldn''t be able to work in his system and his typically Italian play.

"I''m happy with that! rather him not get injured and just have good break "

Pretty much what tmany players and managers feel when this mickey mouse football comes round that''s why so many players discover they are injured ... temporarily.