Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Fat chav memories

I was just wondering how the fat chav who through his season ticket at Gunny duirng the 7-1 debarcle must be feeling. Since he was lobbed out and banned, we''ve been on an unstoppable rollercoaster to success and glory (I''m expecting nothing less than Champions League at the end of next season). Perhaps Gunny wasn''t the problem, perhaps the fat chavs were the Jonahs?

Mungo

you must be bloody posh if you think they''re chavs.

How''s the humour thing working for you Mungo ? Getting many replies ?

I''ve had a go at it in the past, but it turns out I just wasn''t very funny.

Now there''s a thought...

although the approach is wrong I fail to see why people defend the so called "Norwich Two" pair of idiots.As the OP elludes to, I to hope they feel happy about throwing thier season tickets at Gunny. They will have to watch us on the tele next year, unless they like the market inbred now support the binners ?

I too was quite annoyed that infamous day, it was hopefully the lowest ever moment we''ll experience. But you never give up on your team. I seem to remember Newcastle fans walking out at half time when Arsenal were 4-0 up at St James''s. They all missed out on a fantastic experience too.

Wonder how many of those Cardiff fans who were leaving in their droves after half an hour will fall back in love with the Bluebirds should they still get a whiff of the premiership?

Mungo

It''s quite funny looking back at this picture now though, with Lambert and Culverhouse on the other side. [:)][img]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00052/norwich_516x350_52406a.jpg[/img]

In hindsight Gunn only ever did one thing wrong - signed Theoklitos. We only really lost because of his woeful goalkeeping that day.

Afterall it was Gunn who signed the likes of Holt etc so really we have something to be thankful to him for. For me Gunn should be reprieved by anyone who still thinks he was to blame for our 7-1 thrashing.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]In hindsight Gunn only ever did one thing wrong - signed Theoklitos. We only really lost because of his woeful goalkeeping that day.

Afterall it was Gunn who signed the likes of Holt etc so really we have something to be thankful to him for. For me Gunn should be reprieved by anyone who still thinks he was to blame for our 7-1 thrashing.[/quote] HA HA! This is a wind up right?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]It''s certainly a pity that PL can''t dress as smartly for games as Gunny did. And Roeder was always very well turned out as well.[/quote]Born in Glasgow x Socks in Trackies = Premier league

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]It''s certainly a pity that PL can''t dress as smartly for games as Gunny did. And Roeder was always very well turned out as well.[/quote]

Born in Glasgow x Socks in Trackies = Premier league
[/quote]

Russy Martin wearing just his Budgie smugglers in the changing room = Promotion to the Premiership.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]. Afterall it was Gunn who signed the likes of Holt etc so really we have something to be thankful to him for. [/quote]

Once Gill and Askou have departed this summer, how many of the dozen or so Gunn signings will be left? 

Well it leaves us with two players who hardly play for us, Hughes and Tudor Jones and they are likely to get paid off.

So that will leave us Holt (a no brainer of a signing) and McDonald (hardly a financial risk).

Hardly a stunning transfer record is it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Russy Martin wearing just his Budgie smugglers in the changing room = Promotion to the Premiership.

[/quote]I think Rus Martin in his pants is going to be somewhat of an iconic memory for us ?!Might be a giggle if we can all rush down to Primark and pick up a pair of black men''s briefs we can twirl round our heads on saturday ??

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]In hindsight Gunn only ever did one thing wrong - signed Theoklitos. We only really lost because of his woeful goalkeeping that day. Afterall it was Gunn who signed the likes of Holt etc so really we have something to be thankful to him for. For me Gunn should be reprieved by anyone who still thinks he was to blame for our 7-1 thrashing.[/quote] HA HA! This is a wind up right?
[/quote]

[:D]I seriously hope so.

Firstly I really dislike people solely blaming the keeper Theo for the 7-1. Look back on the goals, none were really his fault. I suppose they were actually. I mean our defending was second to none that day, we were superb, didn''t let them create anything, so if we had any half decent keeper we would have won 1-0 I guess. Oh wait, no! He wasn''t that bad, the whole team were shocking that day. Is it just Hoolahan and Holt which survive from that day? Anyway, rant over. Strange coincidence here, I was saying at approx 2pm this afternoon to friends about these 2 pair of buffoons! So glad they won''t be watching Norwich any time. Bunch of retaaarded fools. LOL at them. Keep the faith, even in the depths of despair.

I still think that Norwich threw the game.Call it a conspiracy theory but I think they had planned to take a beating for the sole reason of getting rid of Gunn.I have heard a few things about ol Gunny, I only voiced them on here once and SDP deleted my post fairly sharpish, so naturally I figured that maybe the rumour voiced had a little truth in it ??We lost 7-1 Fact, thats about all we will ever know I expect.

Im sorry, im not going to voice my opinion on the actual topic of this thread. Would just like to raise a point.

I have to respond to this... "Holt - a no brainer of a signing" - League Two striker, in late 20''s, a no brainer? wow, you must be a bloody good scout.

[quote user="Northluck C."]It''s quite funny looking back at this picture now though, with Lambert and Culverhouse on the other side. [:)]

[img]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00052/norwich_516x350_52406a.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

yeah, good job that didn''t put him off [:)]

Not sticking up for Gunn in anyway shape or form but............................

How the chuff was Grant Holt a ''no-brainer'' signing?

A must watch video, hurt at the time but a few amusing things on here other than the ''fat chavs'', check out Ian er Culverhouse at 2:40, and you''ve got to feel sorry for the ColWho fans who the day after are rushing to buy tickets for their next game... Little did they know what was in store...

http://youtu.be/_TZa6w2RL2A

[quote user="CDMullins"]Not sticking up for Gunn in anyway shape or form but............................ How the chuff was Grant Holt a ''no-brainer'' signing?[/quote]

The signing of Holt was a tremendous signing. Those who say ''no brainer'' are looking in the mirror!

What was he? £400,000? Such a no brainer that there was no Championship club willing to to offer half a million! Let''s think about this[^o)] The same summer scum paid a reported 1.7m for Priskin. If the signing of Holt was such a no brainer at less than a quarter of that why didn''t they....

And you could look to most striker signings that summer. Bryan Gunn was a cr@p football manager. A great goalkeeper and is a top top man. And his signing of Grant Holt was a masterstroke.

Gunn looks like Eddie Hitler from Bottom

And as to tangies twaddle perhaps we might see how many of Lamberts signings are still with us a couple of years down the line -

that''s not any reflection of Lamberts ability more a comment on how stupid some posters become when trying to attack someone via a third party

[quote user="Alex"]A must watch video, hurt at the time but a few amusing things on here other than the ''fat chavs'', check out Ian er Culverhouse at 2:40, and you''ve got to feel sorry for the ColWho fans who the day after are rushing to buy tickets for their next game... Little did they know what was in store...

http://youtu.be/_TZa6w2RL2A[/quote]

you just have to laugh at some of the comments on that video,especially the one from the palace fan!!

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Firstly I really dislike people solely blaming the keeper Theo for the 7-1. Look back on the goals, none were really his fault. I suppose they were actually. I mean our defending was second to none that day, we were superb, didn''t let them create anything, so if we had any half decent keeper we would have won 1-0 I guess. Oh wait, no! He wasn''t that bad, the whole team were shocking that day. Is it just Hoolahan and Holt which survive from that day? Anyway, rant over. Strange coincidence here, I was saying at approx 2pm this afternoon to friends about these 2 pair of buffoons! So glad they won''t be watching Norwich any time. Bunch of retaaarded fools. LOL at them. Keep the faith, even in the depths of despair. [/quote]

I think my memory of that day has somewhat faded significantly (thankfully) and my general sense of logic had escaped me briefly when I made my post earlier.

I take it back - Gunn was indeed a crud manager and Theo wasn''t the sole reason for our defeat (he just didn''t help himself with one or two of the goals thats all).