Sign in to follow this  
Exeter Yellow

Apologies to get off my chest!

I would just like to say I was wrong about Holt and Lambert. I was talking with my brother last night who reminded me that i said the following. proven league 1 or championship experience we should buy Alan Lee.

and when we appointed lambert i said we should have gone for aidy boothroyd as he has experience in getting promotions.

also thinking further back i was really impressed that we signed antoine sibierski on loan

And I was wondering if there are another things people have said and looking back was definitely

wrong!

in future i will keep my big mouth shut!

[quote user="Exeter Yellow"]I would just like to say I was wrong about Holt and Lambert. I was talking with my brother last night who reminded me that i said the following. proven league 1 or championship experience we should buy Alan Lee. and when we appointed lambert i said we should have gone for aidy boothroyd as he has experience in getting promotions. also thinking further back i was really impressed that we signed antoine sibierski on loan And I was wondering if there are another things people have said and looking back was definitely wrong! in future i will keep my big mouth shut![/quote]

Not sure I would have mentioned any of that Exeter [;)]

Someone behind me said on first game of last season (Rough quotation, but the message is the same)

''That Grant Holt, will never do anything in a Norwich shirt, how on earth is he a professional footballer'' And this was before we were 3-0 down...

I have two biggies:

My first goes back to my days of ranting and raving about needing investment/ousting Delia etc. When I think about my views on the ridiculous amount of money in the premiership I do wonder why I ever thought that we needed a billionnaire investor to replace Delia so desperately. Seems you CAN get success without money when you get the right people in. Some of the rants I made about Delia were truly awful and totally wrong when I look back at them.

My second was actually a post I made only today in another thread where I said Gunn only made one mistake during his reign (signing Theoklitos - who I seemingly blamed solely for our 7-1 defeat too). As a few posters reminded me his short reign was considerably worse than I remember. So I have to concede that my post was published somewhat in haste without considering all the facts first.

We all post stupid things at times though. Don''t worry about it.

Why do you blame Theo entirely for the 7-1 defeat? You know at least 3 of the goals were pretty good ones.

Semmy has to take at least 50% of blame for first. And i don''t think there was any good defending/mid-field play that game...

I once said Roeder should be given three years to proove himself when everybody had begun to want him sacked.

He certainly did proove himself over the next couple of weeks. He prooved he was a tw@t and rightly got sacked.