Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Super Chris

Hope he gets a run out/start on Saturday.

Do you think he will still be here next season? This season hasn''t been great from him but I do think he''s a very talented player,

What ya reckon? OTBC

He will be here next season.

I don''t think we will be getting rid of anyone thats played more than 1/2 games this season. (So players like Hughes, OTJ, S.Smith etc could all leave).

Martin might not be best player ever, but i doubt he would be worth all that much (only 4 championship goals this season, and his style of play won''t fit in all that many teams) so why not keep him as a back up, maybe he can still develop a bit more (maybe even a short term loan at the start of the season if we get a couple of strikers in)

I think he will get at least 20 mins on Saturday, hopefully a start.

We have 11 English non-young players (young players including Rudd, Steer, Smith, Martin, Francombe etc) So no reason for Martin to stay in that regard....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Him and Smith will benefit from us needing home grown players in the squad.[/quote]Home grown means from the UK not from the individual club (this rule only applies in European games)

I think he has a had a poor season, not a bad start though -  looked great against Nottingham Forest away, it was that same night he got in trouble though and wasn''t the same since in my opinion. Think he will still be here next season if he keeps his head down and works hard

☆alysha☆ may I ask where you got your picture of Lambert/Jesus from? Did you make it? I''d very much like to have it as a wallpaper but can''t find it anywhere.

The best is yet to come.

He needs to mature both as a player and as a person. But the quality is there.

[quote user="Jak G"]☆alysha☆ may I ask where you got your picture of Lambert/Jesus from? Did you make it? I''d very much like to have it as a wallpaper but can''t find it anywhere.[/quote]

if you got on facebook and type in Paul Lambert, it will come up under the pages section in which you ''like''  [:)]

Thankfully Lambert is a lot smarter than the fools on here who don''t get Chris Martin. Because of that, he will know: a) to keep him exactly where he is, and b) that he can definitely make the step to the Premier League.Mark my words right here and now, he has all the talent he needs to have an impact at the top level, and he will do if he stays put. His only problem this season (and in previous ones) has been his head. And his injury in the second half of this season which prevented him playing a part.

[quote user="a1canary"]Thankfully Lambert is a lot smarter than the fools on here who don''t get Chris Martin. Because of that, he will know: a) to keep him exactly where he is, and b) that he can definitely make the step to the Premier League.

Mark my words right here and now, he has all the talent he needs to have an impact at the top level, and he will do if he stays put. His only problem this season (and in previous ones) has been his head. And his injury in the second half of this season which prevented him playing a part.
[/quote]

I get him. He''s a thug who besmirches the club''s good name. He only appears to play for a new contract and once signed, his form dips. I believe in giving a second chance but he''s had that a few times now. If Lambert wants to give him yet another chance, fair enough, but I don''t think he will cut it at Prem level with his attitude. I''d rather get rid and give his place to somebody with a fantastic attitude such as Cody.

Ugh, Paul, i''ve just congratulated you on another thread for your betting prowess, but you''re wrong this time.So, since you are the self-proclaimed Pinkun Tote, let''s bet! I say he will be a success at Premiership level. If you are prepared to define success, and give me some fair odds, i''ll put up the money.

[quote user="paul moy"]

fantastic attitude such as Cody.

[/quote]

Are you in someway related to Cody? [8-)]

Martin is a technically good footballer and was having a good season until disrupted by injury. I would imagine he will be in the squad next year but not a first teamer and is certainly now behind Jackson. I should also imagine that we will see one or two strikers coming in over the summer, this will probably determine the future of Chris Martin.

[quote user="a1canary"]Ugh, Paul, i''ve just congratulated you on another thread for your betting prowess, but you''re wrong this time.

So, since you are the self-proclaimed Pinkun Tote, let''s bet! I say he will be a success at Premiership level. If you are prepared to define success, and give me some fair odds, i''ll put up the money.
[/quote]

It all about opinions... LOL.   I made the point that I don''t think he will cut it with his attitude, which left the get out that if his attitude changes then of course he may be good enough. I go with whatever Lambert decides as he has already proven that he can make average players perform to their peak. I''ve lost patience with CM, but you may be right and perhaps Lambert hasn''t.   Time will tell.  Not sure about a bet as I''m not sure how to define success with CM. No more court cases, perhaps ? [:D]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Martin is a technically good footballer and was having a good season until disrupted by injury. I would imagine he will be in the squad next year but not a first teamer and is certainly now behind Jackson. I should also imagine that we will see one or two strikers coming in over the summer, this will probably determine the future of Chris Martin.

[/quote]

Would you rather have Cody''s attitude or CM''s if you are trying to build or maintain team-spirit while trying to survive in the Prem  ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Thankfully Lambert is a lot smarter than the fools on here who don''t get Chris Martin. Because of that, he will know: a) to keep him exactly where he is, and b) that he can definitely make the step to the Premier League.

Mark my words right here and now, he has all the talent he needs to have an impact at the top level, and he will do if he stays put. His only problem this season (and in previous ones) has been his head. And his injury in the second half of this season which prevented him playing a part.
[/quote]

I get him. He''s a thug who besmirches the club''s good name. He only appears to play for a new contract and once signed, his form dips. I believe in giving a second chance but he''s had that a few times now. If Lambert wants to give him yet another chance, fair enough, but I don''t think he will cut it at Prem level with his attitude. I''d rather get rid and give his place to somebody with a fantastic attitude such as Cody.

[/quote]

A Gills fan''s view;

He will have a job making a Div 1 player, let alone a premiership player. Norwich have too many strikers on their books to retain Cody, but it will be a bigger finance package that takes him to his next club.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you rather have Cody''s attitude or CM''s if you are trying to build or maintain team-spirit while trying to survive in the Prem  ?

[/quote]

As I don''t know either of them I wouldn''t care to make judgements on their attitudes or personalities. What I can judge is their abilities and have seen nothing to suggest Cody is a better player than Martin.

I do feel that Chris Martin may start to develop his role a little as more of a deep lying striker, he has a good eye for a pass and filled in for Hoolahan well on more than one occasion. Maybe we should all hope for all our players to have a good season next year.

Play him in rotation with Jackson, if he cuts it fine, if not loan him out in Jan. Personally I think he is continuing to develop and I rate him. I''d love to see a local lad who''s come through the ranks bang in some premier league goals.