Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Who wants’ to win the league ?

Well if the interview with PL is anything to go by then he does!

Interview on Goal.com

With QPR''s appeal still to be heard, and rumours of a points deduction, Norwich could still find themselves going up as champions for a second year running, but Lambert is keeping his feet on the ground.

"It''s never bothered me, I can''t influence anything that I don''t know the ins and outs of," he said," Lambert continued.

"Whether we get the opportunity to win the league we''ll wait and see.

"Would I like to win the league? Absolutely. I don''t just want a t-shirt, I''d rather have a trophy.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]It would be worth it just to see Colins face........ [A]
[/quote]

Yes, it may turn out that Mr. Warnock first lost out because they didn''t apply the rules and then lost out again because they did apply the rules. He must be hell at the breakfast table. Like strawberry reflections in his cereal.

I want us to win the league!, we took 4 points off QPR and I still feel we''ve been far and away the best footballing side this season - And all with completely legal players. And has anyone actually considered this small matter - Surely we''ll get more than £40 million for going up as Champions?. The £40 million was for 2nd spot - What would we get for 1st, it has to be a fair bit more, surely?.

[quote user="Alex"]I want us to win the league!, we took 4 points off QPR and I still feel we''ve been far and away the best footballing side this season - And all with completely legal players. And has anyone actually considered this small matter - Surely we''ll get more than £40 million for going up as Champions?. The £40 million was for 2nd spot - What would we get for 1st, it has to be a fair bit more, surely?.[/quote]

i think £40m is what we get from the Premier League next yr - nothing to do with where we finish in the Championship,  however i''m sure there is a prize for each place you finish in the Championship and 1st will inevitably get more than 2nd.

i don''t care where we finish out of 1st or 2nd.

No thanks. It would be hollow in my opinion. You cant say that QPR havent been the best (or perhaps most consistent is the better way to put it) side in the division and they deserve to win the league. We have been excellent this year but we are not and should not be considered the Champions as we have not finished top.

But RTN, they have won the league with an inelegible player... He is one of their star players in their team also... You could go as far as to say, imagine if Hoolahan was our inelegible player and we won the league by however many points. Would we have done if we hadn''t of had him?? That''s how i see it with QPR.. They have cheated and should be punnished, i cannot stop thinking about where they would have been if they didn''t have him and were playing fairly.. More than likely not as well as they have done...

Excellent point Michael, they only were only as good as they were by cheating to get a player in they otherwise wouldn''t have been able to.

Without him, and with a less good player they may have scored 6 less points and we would have been Champions.

To be honest as much as I''d definitely take the trophy if I were PL, it wouldn''t mean as much, but still be bloody great.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Excellent point Michael, they only were only as good as they were by cheating to get a player in they otherwise wouldn''t have been able to. Without him, and with a less good player they may have scored 6 less points and we would have been Champions. To be honest as much as I''d definitely take the trophy if I were PL, it wouldn''t mean as much, but still be bloody great.[/quote]

Not stricktly true, the player changed from Third Party Ownership to exclusively owned by QPR quickly after they realised they were in breach of the rule. QPR suffered as the transfer happened 3 days after the rule change and it was very unclear how the new regulation worked. To be honest it is the smallest problem they have to worry about - the biggest problem is the unlicensed agent who arranged the deal. That agent was licenced by both FIFA and UEFA just not the FA as it was his first transfer involving an English team, he subsequently went on to gain a licence.

If Faulin had a bionic leg that made him amazing, or QPR were giving him performancing enhancing drugs I would agree with the point, but as it is a case of poorly handled paperwork it isn''t such a big deal to me. It is more about whether QPR knowingly mishandled the paperwork to gain an edge.

I think I read somewhere that Faurlin has scored and created goals that has given QPR 11 points. Those 11 points may have not been won had they played a player not as good, so yes we deserve top place! Plus we took 4 points off them, and had Wes scored his penalty at Loftus road it would be 6 points! Shows how good this season is though, when people are feeling cheated about not finishing top, and may have to settle with 2nd!!!!!

''''QPR suffered as the transfer happened 3 days after the rule change and it was very unclear how the new regulation worked.''''

That would still give them three days to read the relevant ruling. And it couldn''t have been a better publicised case so they must have been aware.

So for me it is a case of a team trying to bend the rules to their advantage. Maybe the agent would have taken the player elsewhere in those three days, forcing QPR to act in a knowingly illegal way in the hope they''d get away with it. A calculated gamble.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

[quote user="Alex"]I want us to win the league!, we took 4 points off QPR and I still feel we''ve been far and away the best footballing side this season - And all with completely legal players. And has anyone actually considered this small matter - Surely we''ll get more than £40 million for going up as Champions?. The £40 million was for 2nd spot - What would we get for 1st, it has to be a fair bit more, surely?.[/quote]

i think £40m is what we get from the Premier League next yr - nothing to do with where we finish in the Championship,  however i''m sure there is a prize for each place you finish in the Championship and 1st will inevitably get more than 2nd.

[/quote]

Makes no real difference money wise.  The Premier offer prize money based on placing - the FL I think have a small prize for finishing 1st or 2nd but its not very big money (I think League 1 champions get 25k) and the rest get nothing regardless of whether you finish 7th or 17th

Money aside I''d take the title if its on offer - back to back promotions are rare, back to back titles are even rarer at this level.  Yes it may be a little more hollow than if we had amassed more points than QPR - but we''ve kept legal, it appears they havent

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

Makes no real difference money wise.  The Premier offer prize money based on placing - the FL I think have a small prize for finishing 1st or 2nd but its not very big money (I think League 1 champions get 25k) and the rest get nothing regardless of whether you finish 7th or 17th

[/quote]

As I mentioned in another thread Championship prize winning money - £50,000; Runner Up - £25,000

Could be a good future triva question in QPR are docked points and we get back to back League titles, especially if someone else actually gains more points than us. To be honest, I hope QPR are innocent and this whole thing can go away and we can focus on being promoted.

If QPR don''t get points off and we don''t win the league we can change the name of this forum to WACCOC - We are champions champions of championship (even though we aren''t) But bleat on for years about the injustice of it all.

Would love to as it would humiliate and embarrass QPR - possibly so much that they could fail to win the playoffs. However, if QPR got docked points and the title was handed over to us QPR would still effectively be the champions in my mind as they played the best football (if QPR had done nothing wrong, this case would have never happened and so they would definately finish top).

[quote user="Michael Bates"]But RTN, they have won the league with an inelegible player... He is one of their star players in their team also... You could go as far as to say, imagine if Hoolahan was our inelegible player and we won the league by however many points. Would we have done if we hadn''t of had him?? That''s how i see it with QPR.. They have cheated and should be punnished, i cannot stop thinking about where they would have been if they didn''t have him and were playing fairly.. More than likely not as well as they have done...[/quote]

It''s a fair enough point Michael and I get it, but for me it wouldnt feel like a title winning season and we would forever be labelled the team with the trophy but didnt actually win it.

As an aside, I do feel for their fans. They could get severly punished for something that isn''t their fault. If I was in their shoes I would be seriously peed off.

You really haven''t a clue have you.We didn''t cheat at all, if you actually read the facts you would see what actually went on. Faurlin was never inelegible. The main problem is re submitting the documents.The club told the fans and the press the Faurlin Transfer was worth £3.5mil not once did we say we paid that for him (infact we only paid 600k). Many clubs tell their fans one thing and do another.If we are deducted points and you are made champions how can you really celebrate it? That''s sad.We have been the best team that is why we finished where we did and as Champions, and in our eyes always will be Champs 2010/11 no matter what.We''re Queens Park Rangers we''re top of the League (you wouldn''t know that feeling as have never been their this season)

May as well have it - we are the only team definatly up as things stand.  Dont think we should shout about it to much, just take the Pot and put it on display.

Would not like to be in QPRs position.  I have heard they may even end up in L1!  Now that would be funny! Cheeeeeeats!

I want to win the league.

As well as the club getting the silverware, I''d get an additional £280 on top of the money I''ve already won for us being promoted [<:o)]

As an aside point - If QPR do get docked enough points for us to be champions, will they present the trophy at the game on Saturday (or indeed  have it for the parade on Tuesday)?

Ginja - I imagine they will present Saturday, though only if QPR don''t appeal.

I believe, reports are correct, and they will get deducted 15 points, leaving them on 73, guaranteed play offs, but not a team.  Hence they will have been found guilty, punished with the caveat, if they appeal they may lose more points, i.e. so they have absolutely no chance of promotion, worst case scenario relegation.  Hmmm, bit of a conundrum for them, what would you do?

I think they will take it, we''ll get the championship trophy and then if they don''t go up via the play offs they will try and bring in court action in the future

[quote user="GinjaCanary"]

As well as the club getting the silverware, I''d get an additional £280 on top of the money I''ve already won for us being promoted [<:o)]

As an aside point - If QPR do get docked enough points for us to be champions, will they present the trophy at the game on Saturday (or indeed  have it for the parade on Tuesday)?

[/quote]What trophy you plum, you haven''t won one, and just to give you a little bit of information as you don''t already know it, people from norwich being so far behind n all that. The trophy and winners medals were delivered to Loftus Road this morning as well as the Runners up medals being delivered to your place. Pretty much answers your question doesn''t it. lol

[quote user="LondonR"][quote user="GinjaCanary"]

[/quote]What trophy you plum, you haven''t won one, and just to give you a little bit of information as you don''t already know it, people from norwich being so far behind n all that. The trophy and winners medals were delivered to Loftus Road this morning as well as the Runners up medals being delivered to your place. Pretty much answers your question doesn''t it. lol[/quote]i''d like to point out you DO actually get a trophy for finishing 2nd.. its a shield..

[/quote]

What trophy you plum, you haven''t won one, and just to give you a little bit of information as you don''t already know it, people from norwich being so far behind n all that. The trophy and winners medals were delivered to Loftus Road this morning as well as the Runners up medals being delivered to your place.
Pretty much answers your question doesn''t it. lol
[/quote]

And if youre as clued up as you like to think you would also realise

1) We do know what its like to be top of the Championship - albeit not this season - and we didnt need to have dodgy signings to achieve it

2) As Jas mentions the 2nd place side do get a shield

Incidentally your chairmans a bit of a nutcase.  He was on SSN talking about the sky is blue...everythings blue.  The only blue you need to worry about other than your own silly hoops is that of Rochdale - as you''ll be playing them next season when the FA relegate you 2 divisions aka Swindon in the 90s

[/quote]

What trophy you plum, you haven''t won one, and just to give you a little bit of information as you don''t already know it, people from norwich being so far behind n all that. The trophy and winners medals were delivered to Loftus Road this morning as well as the Runners up medals being delivered to your place.
Pretty much answers your question doesn''t it. lol
[/quote]

What will you do with that extra £25,000 for winning the League? Apart from spend it all on legal fees of course.

As others have mentioned I do rather wonder if you should have waited at least another 48 hours before having this little song and dance - you might look rather silly by tomorrow.

LondonR wrote

"What trophy you plum, you haven''t won one"

Unlike you my friend I aint counting my chickens yet, but if you read my post properly I did say '' If ''.

You must remember, we have nothing to lose on tomorrows decision - we can only gain [:D]

I hope that if we do become Champions that we treat the situation with a bit of class. QPR may well deserve to be docked points, but they''re still the best side in the division and I don''t think anyone is questioning Faurlin''s eligibility to play for them this season. Promotion is an achievement wonderful enough in itself and we should be celebrating that. Pick up the trophy, hoist it in the air, then put it down and get on the lap of honour without it.

Deep down we all know we are not the Champions this season. We are however, bloody marvellous and we can all enjoy that.