Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Play-offs to go ahead

Announced on Talksport that the play-offs can go ahead regardless of the outcome of the QPR decision. Work that one out !!! [:D]

But that suggests they already know the number of points they will take off QPR. No, i think this confirms that any points deducation will be applied at the start of next season. Which is better for us [:P]

[quote user="a1canary"]But that suggests they already know the number of points they will take off QPR.

No, i think this confirms that any points deducation will be applied at the start of next season. Which is better for us [:P]
[/quote]

It''s either so serious that the FA won''t contemplate QPR getting anywhere near promotion, or it will be a fine. I think it is the former, with 2 clubs relegated from the Prem and QPR paying the price for not admitting to their cheating from the outset.  The FA are in effect saying to QPR, go ahead and appeal but you will not disrupt the League for everybody else.

It does kind of suggest, for better or worse (to QPR) they will not be going anywhere near the Play Offs. If this were not the case any appeal made by QPR after Friday would throw the 6th v 3rd / 4th v 5th format into chaos.I''m still opting for the ''FL cop-out fine only'' result.

This will in no way have anything to do with the Premier League, so no 2 relegated or points off for next season. The 2 leagues act as 2 separate entities, the football league will provide 3 times who will enter the PL and the PL will provide 3 teams who are to enter the FLC next season. Anything that is done will be in effect this season.

It could suggest anything.

1. could be QPR are not getting point deduction.

2. Huge point deduction.

3. Moderate point deduction, but not allowed to appeal.

4. Point deduction next seasons.

5. Relegation.

Or maybe something else.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It could suggest anything. 1. could be QPR are not getting point deduction. 2. Huge point deduction. 3. Moderate point deduction, but not allowed to appeal. 4. Point deduction next seasons. 5. Relegation. Or maybe something else.[/quote]

Don''t really understand this?

However i didn''t hear what was said on talksport. From the thread it seems like ''they will go ahead'' regardless of the outcome of QPR. That''s surely a nothing statement. They would always go ahead but what we''re interested in is who is in them.

I would read into that, that QPR will not be deducted points, or if they are it will be minimal, or most unlikely apply to next season.

Why on earth would this indicate a points deduction putting them out of the play-offs? That would really disrupt them as 7th would become 6th, and any appeal by QPR would throw the play-off places into doubt.

What don''t you understand? Its a list of possible outcomes that have not been disregarded by the statement on talk sport...

Latest announcement !!   No decision on QPR hearing tomorrow..  Looks serious to me .... LOL