Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Michael Owen

Michael Owen has always been my boy-hood hero, I''ve just loved him as a player. From his Liverpool days all the way through to him now at Man U. But now the lad is on the fringes of the 1st team and barely making a substitute appearance, I really think that he could welcome a move to Carrow Road. I know recently he has been linked with Derby, and I did hear him say he would "never drop down a league", but since we are up there with the big boys...why not have a punt? I think he''s still got it, yes of late he has been injury prone, but a fit michael owen is possibly the most clinical finisher in England! Worth a punt in any of your opinions? OTBC! Im very much looking forward to seeing who comes in and who is shipped out!

My feeling is that players like McNamee, Lappin, Askou and Steven Smith etc will be sold! And the likes of Smith, Martin, Steer etc will be loaned out! Id love to have Pacheco back on loan for another season, as well as Lansbury...but in Lambert we trust!

Last thing we need is to bring in has-beens on huge wages. He''d probably manage about 10 games if he''s lucky next season and expect over 30k a week at a guess. The key to our success has been hungry players reaching their prime with something to prove, Owen hasn''t had a good season since 03/04.

the most ridiculous idea i have seen all season, may as well gamble on dean ashton back into action, at least he already lives in norfolk. seriously think you should leave the ideas to lambert, would be nice to have some reliable experience though.

a boyhood Evertonian and i am thinking probably the only club he would go to now... If he could stay fit he''d be a hell of a signing for them too.I notice the Op says Owen was his boy hood hero... Owen is only a year older than me and being considered old! god thats depressing :(

Another Owen fan here, ever since ''that'' goal against Argentina in 98 (I think)- it still takes my breath away whenever I see it- the ''impetuosity of youth'' and all that. But he is a bit of a last-20-minute show-pony now- at least that''s how Fergie seems to use him. Evidence to date suggests (and this may change now I suppose....) that Lambert doesn''t want big names in his squad, just players with real desire who are prepared to run through walls for him.     

Injury prone and hasn''t done anything for a good 3 or so seasons. He may be a predator on his day, but I think injuries have let such a promising career down. What did happen to this man?!

Michael Owen lives about  1/4 mile away from me here in leafy North Wales.He lives in a very nice 17th Century manor house/estate with shed loads of land for his wife''s horses.He has garages full of cars he doesn''t use and 2 burley men sitting in a black range rover at various points around his perimeter 24/7 (but unfortunately for him, there is a public footpath which cuts right past the front entrance of his walled residence!!)When he was at Newcastle he had a Eurocopter paid for by the club that use to come to take him to training and match games. (Can you see McAnally budgeting for that?) He certainly won''t drive to Norwich (4+hours), and he certainly won''t move as his wife has her horses and his daughters are in school. He is/was britains second richest footballer behind Beckham, and lives the "Champagne Charlie" life without the champagne with his race horses and more worryingly, his alleged gambling issues.I just think he is exactly the player Paul Lambert would NOT go for - not keen, not hungry, not loyal - realistically will think he''s too good for us and our team. Even his pay per play deal at manyoo will be astronomical. This is the type of player I would not want to see at Norwich. I agree with Jas - probably Everton blue bound - which will seal his popularity with the Liverpool supporters to absolute zero!

The Shack Is Back!:: "Michael Owen has always been my boy-hood hero, I''ve just loved him as a player. From his Liverpool days all the way through to him now at Man U. But now the lad is on the fringes of the 1st team and barely making a substitute appearance, I really think that he could welcome a move to Carrow Road. I know recently he has been linked with Derby, and I did hear him say he would "never drop down a league", but since we are up there with the big boys...why not have a punt? I think he''s still got it, yes of late he has been injury prone, but a fit michael owen is possibly the most clinical finisher in England! Worth a punt in any of your opinions? OTBC! Im very much looking forward to seeing who comes in and who is shipped out! My feeling is that players like McNamee, Lappin, Askou and Steven Smith etc will be sold! And the likes of Smith, Martin, Steer etc will be loaned out! Id love to have Pacheco back on loan for another season, as well as Lansbury...but in Lambert we trust!"

He''s been injured every year since 2005. I think he''s been the most injury prone player in English football.There wouldn''t be a more hopeful way to waist the wage budget!