Sign in to follow this  
TRAVIS ASKEW

1st or 2nd.... Difference?

Don''t know if anyone else has mentioned this, but couldn''t see it on the message board....

Anyone know the monetary difference between winning the championship and finishing 2nd?

According to the Pink''Un we get £42Million for 2nd.

Anyone know

OTBC

We are Premier League, We are Premier League!

£42m + £25,000 for 2nd

£42m + £50,000 for 1st

The £42m is the money earned from achieving 20th in the Premier League next year, which is the lowest Norwich could finish (there would also be 4 years of parachute payments after that totalling about £42m, so 1 year in the Premier is worth, at least, roughly £90m)

Prize money is £25k more for winning the league or something like that. Really not that big a deal given the wider ''prize'' on offer.

It''s £42million for any club that goes up, minimum. This is the prize money for the team that finishes bottom of the Prem. I seem to remember, we got something like £25,000 for winning the Championship before! I know it''s pittance!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

£42m + £25,000 for 2nd

£42m + £50,000 for 1st

The £42m is the money earned from achieving 20th in the Premier League next year, which is the lowest Norwich could finish (there would also be 4 years of parachute payments after that totalling about £42m, so 1 year in the Premier is worth, at least, roughly £90m)

[/quote]

Am I right in thinking this is the first season this amount of parachute money has been paid? If so it just goes to show how doubly difficult promotion will be next year.Yes it''s nice to be back amongst the big boys again, but seriously how is throwing all this money at relegated teams making for a level playing field? I''m not sure what it all proves/achieves.