Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Season Awards. A quick 10

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I find it amazing how so many people are putting Fox as unsung hero... Have you not seen how much praise he has had on here recently?[/quote]

Yup.

Ward is a better shout for "Unsung Hero".

Player of the season - Andrew CroftsFavourite match - Leicester AwayBest goal - Hoolahan v Leicester HomeBest opponents - SwanseaBest opposing fans - Leeds.Moment you thought we are good enough to do it - Sheffield United AwayLowest point - Crystal Palace HomeBest opposing player - David Nugent for the last 20 minutes against us at home.Unsung hero - Marc TierneySum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - ''Triffic'', ''Colossal'', Positive.

Fantastic thread...

Player of the season – R. Martin
Favourite match - Leicester away (we played them off the pitch – the final result flattered Leics) or possibly Coventry away purely because of all the fans that braved that treacherous journey to get there.  Also the end to the Bristol City game was quite amazing!
Best goal – Crofts V Barnsley (although I missed it returning to my seat following a lucky p!ss, it was great to see on the highlights)
Best opponents – Swansea in that game – they looked like a better version of us on the day
Best opposing fans - Leicester
Moment you thought we are good enough to do it – the 95th minute winner against Derby brought it home to me that we could actually do this!
Lowest point – Lincoln pre-season followed by Watford on Sky – I thought we were in for a tough season 
Best opposing player – James Coppinger (Doncaster Away) – we was unplayable that night and scored a worldy 
Unsung hero - Ruddy
Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words – I trust him

POTS: Grant Holt

Fave match: Derby at home- Incredible atmosphere after we scored the third- just erupted

Best Goal: Hoolahan at home to Leicester.

Best opponents: Swansea, or Forest at home, thought they deserved something from the game.

Best opposing Fans:

Moment you thought we are good enough to do it: Following the Leicester game thought we were in with a shout.

Lowest Points: Swansea away, thought that might be it and we''d have to settle for playoffs.

Best opposing player: Not too sure- potentially Gradel.

Unsung Hero: Fox I think, wasn''t playing start of the season but now just sprays the ball about the pitch with such accuracy.

Sum Paul Lambert in 3 words: God in Tracksuit.

Player of the season - Grant Holt. Favourite match - Either of the Ipswich games of Derby at home, just for that last minute goal!!Best goal - Jackson''s 2nd (Derby)Best opponents -  SwanseaBest opposing fans - PompeyMoment you thought we are good enough to do it - Leicester away

Lowest point - Palace at home.Best opposing player - Kebe Unsung hero - David Fox

Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - Cool, calm and collective.

Player of the season – Grant Holt
Favourite match - Ipswich away
Best goal - Crofts at Barnsley
Best opponents - Swansea
Best opposing fans - Portsmouth
Moment you thought we are good enough to do it - Derby away
Lowest point - Millwall away (late goal against and Gemma was coined after the match)
Best opposing player – Kris Commons, Derby
Unsung hero – Elliot Ward
Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words – Genius football manager.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

Unsung Hero - 4th Official, always willing to put 4-5 mins of stoppage time when we needed a goal [/quote]

Award for the best answer on this thread - UEA Canary

Player of the season - Wes

Favourite match - Scum home

Best goal - Hoolahan v Leicester Home

Best opponents - Swansea

Best opposing fans - Leeds

Moment you thought we are good enough to do it - Scum Away

Lowest point - Doncastor Home

Best opposing player - Sinclair.

Unsung hero - Whitbred, if he was around for the season, then he would have been my POTS. So many people wrote him off and felt he should have been binned. PL saw something that was worth the 6 month wait and what a player he is. I think he will make the step up.

Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - Legend, unknown and attacking

Player of the season - Wes Hoolahan

Favourite match - Derby at home (for the finish)

Best goal - Fox v Millwall

Best opponents - CardiffBest opposing fans - LeedsMoment you thought we are good enough to do it - Leicester awayLowest point - 1-1 at home v DoncasterBest opposing player - Danny Graham

Unsung hero - Andrew SurmanSum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - Legend, Brilliant and Superb

POTS: Russell MartinFave match: Millwall home (last second)Best goal: Jackson (no.2) v DerbyBest opponents: SwanseaBest opposing fans: Portsmouth fans on MondayMoment you thought we are good enough to do it - Someway towards end of last season!!!Lowest point: Nelson leaving - a shamebest opposing player: don''t care what the opposition doUnsung hero: Marc TierneySum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - origami tuppence banana

Good thread. Here''s mine...PotS: Russell MartinFavourite Match: Ipswich at homeBest goal: Simeon Jackson''s vs DerbyBest opponents: SwanseaBest opposition fans: Leyton Orient. Championship fans have been very disappointing!Moment I thought we are good enough to do it: 95th minute in the Derby matchLowest Point: 94th minute in the Derby matchBest opposing player: James CoppingerUnsung Hero: John RuddyLambert: Best manager ever

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Good thread. Here''s mine...PotS: Russell MartinFavourite Match: Ipswich at homeBest goal: Simeon Jackson''s vs DerbyBest opponents: SwanseaBest opposition fans: Leyton Orient. Championship fans have been very disappointing!Moment I thought we are good enough to do it: 95th minute in the Derby matchLowest Point: 94th minute in the Derby matchBest opposing player: James CoppingerUnsung Hero: John RuddyLambert: Best manager ever[/quote]Should just state my favourite goal was Simeon Jackson''s third goal vs Derby.

Player of the Season - Russell Martin
Favourite Match - 1p5wich away, no contest
Best Goal - Crofts 2nd at Barnsley
Best Opponents - Swansea
Best Opposing Fans - Leyton Orient
Moment thought we could do it - Leeds away in February
Lowest Point - Missing the penalty vs Preston
Best Opposing Player - Kebe (Reading)
Unsung Hero - Ian Culverhouse
Sum up Lambert in 3 words - A Football Genius

Player of the season - Russell Martin - read my blog about why by clicking here: http://nick-sportsjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/05/russell-martin-gets-my-vote-for-norwich.html

Favourite match - Derby at home

Best goal - Crofts at Barnsley

Best opponents - Hull

Best opposing fan - Leyton Orient

Moment we thought we could do it - when we suddenly went 3-1 up at Bristol City which took us into second.

Lowest point - Doncaster away

Best opposing player: Lewis McGugan

Unsung Hero: Zak Whitbread

Sum up Lambert in 3 words - Transfer bargain hunter!

Player of the season - Russell ''Pants'' Martin

Favourite match - Ipswich at home bizarrely enough. Broadcast nationwide and we made them look silly from the first minute to the last

Best goal - Jackson''s vs Derby. Don''t think I''ve ever celebrated as much

Best opponents - Watford

Best opposing fans - Cardiff. Really enjoyed seeing them streaming for the exits after 20 minutes on Monday

Moment you thought we are good enough to do it - QPR away

Lowest point - Swansea away

Best opposing player - Gareth McCauley. Possibly for all the wrong reasons though

Unsung hero - Carl Moore

Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - Best. Manager. Ever

Player of the season – Wes Hoolahan (it looks like R.Martin is going to win it though, he came 2nd in my vote).

Favourite match – (heard)1-5 scum…(best I saw) Derby 3-2

Best goal - Crofts v Barnsley and Jacko’s 2nd v Derby, Fox at Millwall.

Best opponents - Swansea.

Best opposing fans – Millwall A (only because they have turned into a parody of themselves), Cardiff A.

Moment you thought we are good enough to do it – QPR (A)

Lowest point – didn’t see many home games this season so, (at the time) Palace away

Best opposing player - Sinclair

Unsung hero – Crofts or Fox (neither are unsung by me btw)

Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words – thanks very much

Player of the season – Russell Martin

Favourite match – Got to be Ip***ch away

Best goal -

Best opponents - Swansea.

Best opposing fans – Orient

Moment you thought could do it – Sheff Utd at home

Lowest point – Watford at home on the opening day

Best opposing player - Bullard (for his Hull performance at the Carra as well as at Poorman Road)

Unsung hero – David Fox

Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words – He is God

Player of the season – Wes HoolahanFavourite match – Ipswich at home - felt more like a Derby than the away fixture. Best goal -

definitely Crofts vs Barnsley, no contestBest opponents - Over 1 match, Doncaster - gave us a humbling away and did well to draw at our place with about 10 injuries.Best opposing fans – Orient 

- I was sat with an Orient fan in the Barclay, he struggled to stay quiet!Moment you thought could do it – QPR away Lowest point – 95th minute vs DerbyBest opposing player - CoppingerUnsung hero – Whitbread - made me forget about Barnett.Sum up Paul Lambert in 3 words – Only need one - Godly.

P.O.T.S -Grant Holt

Favourite away match- Ipswich (probably my favourite away match of all time !?)

Best goal - Holt ,Burnley (a)

Best Opponents -Burnley (h) ,1st half- the one moment in the whole season ,when we were outclassed!

Best opposing fans -Begrudgingly Leeds

Moment I thought we could do it -final whistle Portsmouth (a) !!!!!!!!!

Lowest point - Hoolahan missed pen ,Preston (h)

Best opposing player - Danny Graham

Unsung Hero - can we call Russell Martin "unsung" anymore?!

Lambert 3 words - enjoy whilst lasts !!!!!!

Player of the season - Wes Hoolahan

Favourite match - Ipswich (a)Best goal - Crofts'' second v Barnsley (a); a world-class strikeBest opponents - Swansea

Best opposing fans - Leyton OrientMoment you thought we are good enough to do it - Bristol City (h)Lowest point - Crystal Palace (h); their only away win in the whole season!Best opposing player - Max GradelUnsung hero - I don''t think anybody of them have been ''unsung'' by us.  Maybe the media overlook them all but that''s not our faultSum up Paul Lambert in 3 words - God does exist