Sign in to follow this  
king canary

An apology

After all the euphoria has died down I think there is one person who I personally (and I reckon a few others) owe an apology to, one Mr S. Jackson.Now its doubtful that Simeon reads or gives a crap about what is said on these forums but I have no doubt you could search ''King Canary'' and ''Simeon Jackson'' and come up with a fair few negative posts, saying he didnt fit in our team and that he was a league one player. Well as was proved on the run in I was totally wrong. So Simeon if you do read this (highly unlikely) and we are ever in the same pub (even more doubtful due to where I live) I''m sorry and I owe you a pint!

It happened with Hoolahan when there was a lot of people in the season we got relagated kept saying he was crap, and a few kept insisting he wasn''t a left winger just because he had a left foot - Who were ultimately proved right.

I don''t think people are disloyal or crap like that, people are entitled to have their opinion about a player - It just shouldn''t get nasty and be prepared to say you were wrong like a man.

I don''t think you need to apologise for you opinion, unless it was really outlandish.

I wasn''t very happy with his early season form, as many weren''t, and i wasn''t 100% sure if he would ever make it, but i always hoped he would, and even if i never said it on here, was never going to completely write him off until he left the club. But he has come good, and been vital to our promotion push. Well done Jackson :D

[quote user="king canary"]After all the euphoria has died down I think there is one person who I personally (and I reckon a few others) owe an apology to, one Mr S. Jackson.

Now its doubtful that Simeon reads or gives a crap about what is said on these forums but I have no doubt you could search ''King Canary'' and ''Simeon Jackson'' and come up with a fair few negative posts, saying he didnt fit in our team and that he was a league one player. Well as was proved on the run in I was totally wrong. So Simeon if you do read this (highly unlikely) and we are ever in the same pub (even more doubtful due to where I live) I''m sorry and I owe you a pint!

[/quote]

You don''t need to apologise. He was poor. Struggled with the pace of the game, took up poor positions and looked a waste of money. The fact that he has turned the corner is down to a number of things ; himself , Lambert and Confidence. The other post about the Scunny game is spot on, a couple of fairly easy goals, then the hatrick, and the rest is history.

Several years ago, if message boards had been popular, you would have seen a few "Iwan Roberts is Crap" posts in his first season at City.

As you know GPB, I have always liked Jacko. When we played against us at Gillingham I was scared to death every time he got the ball.

He has always been a good player with pace. When he first came into the team as first choice in just a couple of games early season, he looked the part. Anyone remember Bristol away when the home supporters gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed near the end of the game?

The problem with only a few if any reserve games it is difficult to get match pace if you are not playing regularly.

Anyhow, the point is he hit form at just the right time and I hope he enjoys top flight football.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="king canary"]After all the euphoria has died down I think there is one person who I personally (and I reckon a few others) owe an apology to, one Mr S. Jackson.

Now its doubtful that Simeon reads or gives a crap about what is said on these forums but I have no doubt you could search ''King Canary'' and ''Simeon Jackson'' and come up with a fair few negative posts, saying he didnt fit in our team and that he was a league one player. Well as was proved on the run in I was totally wrong. So Simeon if you do read this (highly unlikely) and we are ever in the same pub (even more doubtful due to where I live) I''m sorry and I owe you a pint!

[/quote]

You don''t need to apologise. He was poor. Struggled with the pace of the game, took up poor positions and looked a waste of money. The fact that he has turned the corner is down to a number of things ; himself , Lambert and Confidence. The other post about the Scunny game is spot on, a couple of fairly easy goals, then the hatrick, and the rest is history.

Several years ago, if message boards had been popular, you would have seen a few "Iwan Roberts is Crap" posts in his first season at City.

[/quote]

But with respect GP''s beard, the likes of Alysha and myself were saying he''d come good in this league, it was a confidence thing and if people stick by him rather than lay into him then he will surely find the confidence to spring into action, it''s one thing being slammed by rival fans, that spurs you on, but getting derided by your very own supporters has completely the opposite fact - Don''t take my word for it, ask Paul Lambert. But sadly some had decided that because he wasn''t an instant hit then he''d NEVER be a hit at all. I think what the moral of the story is that it is foolish to keep arguing on a messageboard that someones crap when you don''t know it for fact - Nothing wrong with ''it''s a shame but I don''t think he''ll make the grade'' but surely better that approach than ''he''s sh1te and won''t EVER do anything'' surely? (''and I''ll keep letting him know every time he touches the ball'')... You just end up leaving yourself wide open - and that has a horrible habit of coming back to bite people on the backside!. Good luck to Jacko next season though, he''s just a youngster but some of his devastating finishes suggest to me we''ve got a real prospect on our hands for future years, especially as he bulks up, he''s gonna be a handful for any defender.

Wish I could find the guy I was behind at Burnley who practically was jumping up and down as if we''d scored when he was subbed. I came out of the game so angry not just because of the result (a game we should have won) but because you never know when you are going to have to rely on someone. That bloke and a few others did nothing to help his confidence that day. His positions weren''t bad just wasn''t getting the luck or the bounces.

Well done Simeon. Hope a few more have the guts to say they were wrong.

I was OVER THE MOON when we signed Simeon and I thanked Lambert for bringing the lad to the club in the THANK YOU card that a girl was distributing around the Snakepit at the Derby match for fans to sign to say thanks to Lambert for what he has done for the club since his arrival here.Rated him when he was at the Gills and Rushden.  Never doubted that Lambert had signed a quality striker and when Simeon got a proper run of games he would show exactly what he can do.For all those who have written off Chris Martin this season too... he is a QUALITY YOUNG PLAYER and he will be back too!!!