Sign in to follow this  
Eastonpromise

Cardiff Forums take on the QPR situation

I not going to comment, I just posting this link, can someone give a clear indication if points can be deducted when the season is over, all what is classed as end of season

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=271886&start=0&rid=0&S=040700d9b5734e7807c467f456d21a59

Who really gives a toss what the taffs think

We are up and nothing that happens to QPR can change that

If we get given the title by default, it will always be seen as that so let QPR and the taffs sweat for a bit - and maybe ask themselves if it is not a good idea for fans to look a bit closer to what is going on BEFORE this sort of stuff blows up

I agree with City 1st, don''t want a trophy by default.

However if you want an answer to your question about punishment''s being handed out after the final game, go and ask a Swindon fan.

[quote user="Eastonpromise"]I not going to comment, I just posting this link, can someone give a clear indication if points can be deducted when the season is over, all what is classed as end of season

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=271886&start=0&rid=0&S=040700d9b5734e7807c467f456d21a59[/quote]If it were an NG verdict we would have heard it.The FA can simply relegate QPR.The simplest solution all round.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Eastonpromise"]I not going to comment, I just posting this link, can someone give a clear indication if points can be deducted when the season is over, all what is classed as end of season http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=271886&start=0&rid=0&S=040700d9b5734e7807c467f456d21a59[/quote]

If it were an NG verdict we would have heard it.

The FA can simply relegate QPR.

The simplest solution all round.
[/quote]

Ricardo I must agree on the face of it something really big is going down. I would have guessed at at least a relegation but then I dont quite get why they are being presented with the trophy Saturday, unless it is just QPR saying that. Have the football league confirmed the trophy situation does anyone know ?

Funny that they''re slaughtering the FA....they''re more than welcome to leave the English leagues and join Bangor and the lovely boyos at the Welsh FA

Perhaps those who wouldn`t take the title by default should have a think about what we`ve been denied by default in our history- 2 seasons in Europe, and relegation because Everton couldn`t be arsed in a game and fielded a reserve side. Getting the title by default will be a little bit of payback.

"I agree with City 1st, don''t want a trophy by default."

I didn''t actually say I didn''t want the trophy by default. My point is that if the 2011 trophy is awarded to us by default, it will always be seen as as a ''tainted victory'', a win by default. Which would always overshadow two remarkable seasons and two years of incredible achievements.

As to Ricardo''s point about relegating QPR, which has had a fair bit of discussion, what has not been commented upon is that relegating QPR (and Warnock) will mean a relegated team (Championship) staying up in their place.

Which as the table stands would be Sheff Utd !

.... the irony, the justice

the look on Warnocks face

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Perhaps those who wouldn`t take the title by default should have a think about what we`ve been denied by default in our history- 2 seasons in Europe, and relegation because Everton couldn`t be arsed in a game and fielded a reserve side. Getting the title by default will be a little bit of payback.[/quote]Well said Mr Carrow...[Y]QPR knew the rules, it was their choice to cheat and then attempt to cover it up.  The rules are there, set in stone and the FA should''ve handed QPR''s punishment out months ago.  The only excuse they can give when they do finally hand QPR their points deduction is that they did not want their actions to have an impact upon other teams and their results throughout this season.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Perhaps those who wouldn`t take the title by default should have a think about what we`ve been denied by default in our history- 2 seasons in Europe, and relegation because Everton couldn`t be arsed in a game and fielded a reserve side. Getting the title by default will be a little bit of payback.[/quote]

Good point Mr. Carrow. If QPR are found guilty and, as a result Norwich takes the title, I believe there are probably a lot of football fans around the country who will not simply think of Norwich "getting it by default." As a matter of fact many people on different message boards are casting a lot of praise in the direction of Norwich City for the way we''ve gone about our achievement. Further, it''s already been cemented in people''s heads through this week that Norwich have won promotion to the Premiership and, to date, no other team can be assured of that.

I don''t understand why people are against winning a title just because QPR may get deducted points. Similar situations have happened in athletics & cycling with drugs testing etc. If a team that had "won" the FA Cup was later found out to hve fielded a player that had played for another team in that competition, that''s not handing the cup to the 2nd best team, it''s handing the cup to the best team that followed the rules. Same applies here; goals are dissallowed if they''re offside, or if there''s a foul and so a similar approach should occur with the title.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Perhaps those who wouldn`t take the title by default should have a think about what we`ve been denied by default in our history- 2 seasons in Europe, and relegation because Everton couldn`t be arsed in a game and fielded a reserve side. Getting the title by default will be a little bit of payback.[/quote]

Hear! Hear!

You''d get no objection from me.

I love how paranoid the Cardiff fans are. Basically the FA should have resolved this issue a lot sooner than they have. But now they are in this situation they have made the right decision to delay the outcome of the hearing. That QC needs to write a very complex judgement explaining his reasons for either not punishing QPR or decided to administer a heavy punishment. He needs to coherently bring together about three days worth of solid evidence. That is no mean feat. QPR are represented by Blackstones who are one of the top chambers in the country who will be scanning every word of the judgement for an error. If the QC gets it even slighty wrong you can bet your bottom dollar that the decision will be appealed straight away which will take up even more time resolving the case. In the meantime the FA shouldnt be handing out any trophies or medals until the matter is resolved for certain.

Sorry, must disagree with some of you, I think that the championship should be decided on the football pitch, and it is clear that QPR have been the best team this season. They are worthy champions and I really hope they are not deducted points. But hey who really gives a toss its the promotion thats important!

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Sorry, must disagree with some of you, I think that the championship should be decided on the football pitch, and it is clear that QPR have been the best team this season. They are worthy champions and I really hope they are not deducted points. But hey who really gives a toss its the promotion thats important!
[/quote]

We should have put up a temporary wall in front of our goal for all of our matches this season.  We would have won the league by a mile[;)]