Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Did Cardiff players want to go up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13288130.stm

I know how I''d feel if I''d paid to watch that performance when they had a chance to put pressure on us, this would make me even worse.

Especially when Dave Jones spent his recent press conferences moaning that we had the advantage of the fixture list. They failed to use their big chance.

Hmmmm, interesting. I never in a million years thought Cardiff were going to lose that game on Monday evening. If Cardiff had of won that game, the pressure would have been on us to win. It would have made the last day of the season completely unbearable !!

Also, alot of fans were piling out of the ground when the 3rd goal went in. Not what the Club really needs....

Disgraceful behaviour by the sounds of things. Fans pay good money to follow the team and the Norwich players have repaid us royally. They have shown fantastic levels of performance and committment this season. If the rumours are true and the Cardiff players were out on the razzle less than 48 hours before one of the biggest games in the club''s history then that is really poor. That gulf in attitude and desire Lambert prizes above everything else made the difference at the end. I will admit I never realised how important psychology was in football until Lambert took over.

The problem is that David Jones is a bottler.. not just this season but last season.. and remember he was Wolves manager in 2002 when we reached the playoffs and they blew it spectacularly from 2nd in the league i think?Jones might be a good manager but isnt the man for the job when it comes to promotion.

Rumours in football agent circles are that Jones has had enough of Cardiff with all the off field issues over the past few seasons. He has stuck around as he has being doing a pretty decent job on the whole and the chance of taking Cardiff up eventually represents possibly the last big achievement of his career. If (when) they fail in the play-offs then expect him to hop it out of the valleys immediately. I believe that his status as a manager scrapping for his life as it was had transpired into a lack of respect at player level from a squad which has clearly got several large egos ruling the roost when Jones turns his back.

Compare that with our set up which appears to represent a playing squad with 100% respect and commitment to the manager. For me it is no surprise at all that Cardiff have bottled it again at this stage with their current staff. If success continues to elude then expect a pretty major overhaul in the coming months.

if Cardiff win the playoffs i''m sure their fickle fans will forgive and forget quicker than a sheep says ''baa''

As a manager though it is no good turning around and blaming the players for ill discipline/mistakes if you yourself signed them. Which in most cases Jones has. Next season will represent a massive challenge for us because the squad obviously needs a further injection of quality but we cant afford to jeopardise the unity/team spirit which has got us this far. But lets face it, if anyone can do it Lambert can!

Fear not Jacko - look closely at the regulars in our team from last season''s campaign. Lambert created an illusion, most have disappeared from the current team, only the culture has remained along with Holt, Hoolihan and Martin.