Sign in to follow this  
steve b

FA postpone decision on QPR

keep an eye open at the parking bays outside carrow road, for a blacked out minivan registered to the football league............ with the trophey in it!! ;)

Maybe it''s time for a inquiry into the FA itself, the sheer fact they''ve left this awful mess until this very crucial momment in the season is incredible. They''ve had nearly two years since the player transfered to sort out this mess, they must have noticed something odd with the orginal player registration and they leave it until one game from the end of a season to sort this out. I cant believe the transfer was so complicated they needed 2 years to gather evidence, absolute joke. QPR''s board may be guilty of a cover up, but the FA needs to look at why they are so incompetent.

This is how I see it

1. The FA have said they have delayed because of the weight of evidence, this could still mean a big or no punishement for QPR?

2. I am glad we are up and dont have to worry as we are already up

3. I do not think the FA have delayed it because of problems that may happen at their last game

4. I do not understand why they are giving them the trophy until it is resolved

5. The FA are the ones to look stupid in all of this...they seem totally unable to make a decision and as I see it are totally gutless and clueless

6. If I was one of the play off teams I would be pretty hacked off at the lack of decision

7. I would rather see QPR up than Cardiff or Swansea

8. FA should have black and white rules in place where all fines or points deductions are laid out so all know where one stands

Absoloute joke really. It''s not fair on QPR fans to leave them hanging like this.

[quote user="Smeg"]keep an eye open at the parking bays outside carrow road, for a blacked out minivan registered to the football league............ with the trophey in it!! ;)[/quote]Given the League''s handling of the situation, we more likely need to look out for some old gimmer in a Nissan Micra going up the M6 at 25 mph heading for Northwich[;)][;)][;)]

This is how I see it

1. On Monday, QPR will be deducted enough points to put them bottom of the Championship.

2. I am glad we are up and dont have to worry as we are already up

3. I think Burnley will beat Cardiff, and Swansea will beat Sheff. Utd, meaning the best team we have played this season, Swansea, will take 2nd place, behind us.

4. After QPR''s deductions, Cardiff,Reading, Forest, and 1 of Leeds, Millwall or Burnley fight it out in the Play Offs.

5. I don my tin hat and get ready for incoming abuse from all quarters

6. FA should have black and white rules in place where all fines or points deductions are laid out so all know where one stands

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Never been surer than now that we will be crowned Champions shortly after 4 pm on Saturday.[/quote]We wont be crowned Champions on Saturday if they are presenting the trophy to QPR .[/quote]

It''s just what I think it is adding up to but The FA are only delaying the announcement until after the games are over, even if QPR are presented the cup at around 2.45pm it can still be collected from them. Sounds daft I know but the theory that the fixtures have to remain competitive is the only one that seems to hold water.

When I first posted I was feeling confident but who really knows?

I don''t give a monkeys about QPR getting the trophy Saturday, as long as it''s on the top of the open bus driving around Norwich City center on Tuesday night. [:D]

i''ve got to agree with you yellowbeagle, what were the fa thinking in leaving something which has massive ramifications for the club in question and those around it in the table to possibly after the last game of the season. QPR deserve a points deduction but the whole mess of a case needs to be explored.

The latest from the BBC is that the hearing will continue past 4pm tomorrow and into the weekend and they will give the decision as soon as it is reached.

QPR''s fans, apart from that tool who was on here earlier, deserve better than this. They have been badly let down by their club and the FA.

A big sarcastic slow clap from me to the FA for their, frankly, ridiculous handling of this whole affair. Someone''s head needs to roll for this mess.

I find it hilarious that QPR have celebrated promotion twice already, will celebrate a winners cup on saturday and still may not even be promoted.

[quote user="anonamoose"]I find it hilarious that QPR have celebrated promotion twice already, will celebrate a winners cup on saturday and still may not even be promoted. [/quote]Exactly... [Y] or does this just show the Football League up for being as corrupt as QPR??? [:|]I think it is disgusting and that City fans should contact the Football League and tell them that they should be handing OUR TROPHY over to us by Tuesday at the latest.  A decision should''ve been made weeks ago on this... what a bunch of CHEATS!!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I don''t give a monkeys about QPR getting the trophy Saturday, as long as it''s on the top of the open bus driving around Norwich City center on Tuesday night. [:D][/quote]haha nice one!!! [Y]

The worse thing about it is that it is three years after the fact.

I have to say that whilst I would love to be crowned champions it will leave a bit of an odd feeling because the reality is that this happed three years ago and has very little to do with this season at all.

Wasn''t that a season QPR were close to relegation as well? Or at least battling it most of the time?

All I know is we can 100% start planning for the Premiership now.

No other team in the Championship can do that for some time at this rate.

Equally, several Premiership teams won''t be able to ''prepare (again) for the Premiership until they are guaranteed safety.

This could really benefit us, as we can get ourselves 2/3/4 weeks ahead in preparation (i.e. signings/etc) of a good 5 or 6 of our opponents next year.

The FA could have surely held the hearing during the international break and deferred the announcement of the outcome, if they wanted to make sure it didn''t influence other results etc. Now they look a bit like muppets for not actually having a handle on the scope/extent of the investigation. I guess however someone somewhere would have leaked something early if they''d have done that.

[quote user="chicken"]The worse thing about it is that it is three years after the fact. I have to say that whilst I would love to be crowned champions it will leave a bit of an odd feeling because the reality is that this happed three years ago and has very little to do with this season at all. Wasn''t that a season QPR were close to relegation as well? Or at least battling it most of the time?[/quote]

Where did you get three years ? Faurlin was signed on July 7th 2009, 3 days after the FA brought in the new Third Party rules. That makes it 1 year and 22 months.....i.e. two seasons.  The FA were not notified of the case until October 2010, so QPR kept quiet throughout the whole of the previous season when there is clearly an FA rule on disclosure. They should thus be relegated if guilty IMO, as they have had an ineligible player for two seasons.  It has a lot to do with this season !!

Basically, just read this. It explains it all very clearly (all as clearly as possible in such a complicated case).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/05/qpr-points-deduction-key-questions

It appears that although the rules were changed on the 7th July 2009, the FA may not have told anyone about it for a couple of months - also don''t forget that there are FA rules, Premier League rules and Football League rules; all of which are slightly different.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Basically, just read this. It explains it all very clearly (all as clearly as possible in such a complicated case).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/05/qpr-points-deduction-key-questions

It appears that although the rules were changed on the 7th July 2009, the FA may not have told anyone about it for a couple of months - also don''t forget that there are FA rules, Premier League rules and Football League rules; all of which are slightly different.

[/quote]

The rules were changed on 4th July 2009, not the 7th. Also, if QPR were aware that Faurlin was a third party player they have no excuse for thinking that they could get away with it after the furore over the Tevez case, whether there was a rule or not IMO. They should have been honest from the outset but evidently clearly realised that what they were doing was underhand so kept it quiet.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Just read the same article.  The thing I noticed is though that yes maybe the FA did not inform clubs of the rule change regarding third party ownership until "a few days" (quoted from Guardian article) after 4th July, surely QPR would have been under an obligation to inform the FA and sort the issue with Faurlin out as soon as they were notified of the rule change, not well over a year later?

Also it says in that article that QPR will have 14 days to appeal if found guilty?  I always thought it was 7 days and if it is 14 will really mess up the play off picture.  QPR are bound to take the full time if nothing more than out of spite.  So glad we''re up and don''t really have to worry about it.

Rumours abound that the decision may be announced today after all...... from Talksport..... LOLLLLLLLLL 

I believe the FA will do as follows:

They''ll take a big spinning wheel of fortune with various options ranging from nothing to 100 points deduction, to the QPR game, and they''ll spin it after the game.

LOL Budapest Canary, I would absolutely love to see that become a reality!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="anonamoose"]I find it hilarious that QPR have celebrated promotion twice already, will celebrate a winners cup on saturday and still may not even be promoted.

[/quote]

Exactly... [Y] or does this just show the Football League up for being as corrupt as QPR??? [:|]

I think it is disgusting and that City fans should contact the Football League and tell them that they should be handing OUR TROPHY over to us by Tuesday at the latest.  A decision should''ve been made weeks ago on this... what a bunch of CHEATS!!!
[/quote]

Its not "our trophy" and to claim it is or demand we get given it just makes us look pathetic and desperate. If it comes our way so be it but we are not the champions and promotion is good enough for me. Thought Norwich fans had more class than this - perhaps those Leicester roots showing through Smudger!

A few interesting bits of information and speculation HEREMight be worth following over the course of today and the weekend.

Dunno if this has been posted before, but it''s a very clear explanation (if still speculation!), including why the FA have waited till now, and also why they''ve postponed the decision till after the last game...

http://www.qprnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10013&start=15

QPR Points Deduction

It seems­ to me that the whole QPR points deduction scenario is­ one coloured by uncertainty about what the implications­ would if a points deduction were imposed and to that­ end, depending on which camp you''re in, whether­ you''re an optimist or pessimist, or whether you are­ prone to clutching at straws will determine how you­ view the scenario.

Most people, I think sensibly, have­ adopted the bury the head in the sand philosophy and­ will wait and see with everyone committing to­ "getting as many points as we can".

Before­ our game with QPR on Saturday the BBC were reporting­ that they "understood" that QPR will­ ultimately be fined and not face a points deduction,­ and indeed the QPR spin machine has been engaging in a­ full on assault since the charges were brought to push­ the message that they would not be getting a points­ deduction.

I must confess to have only taking a­ passing interest in the QPR story when it broke in­ March, but as we reach the climax of the season my­ interest was piqued and I have spent several hours­ researching the allegations, reading the FA website,­ reading news reports and reading blog reports of­ several fan websites including our own, QPR''s and­ Crystal Palace''s who''s fans have taken great­ interest in the plight of their local rivals,­ particularly after their own points deduction last­ season.

My conclusions should give QPR fans real­ concern and should only lead to one possible outcome,­ and are as follows:

1. The charges faced by QPR are extremely serious and­ are fundamentally two-fold. That they broke third party­ player ownership rules that were clearly established­ and made clear to all clubs after the Tevez affair, and­ that (in my view more seriously) they then attempted to­ cover up this breach in October 2010 by submitting­ falsified documents to the FA.

2. Alot of people­ compare the QPR situation to West Ham''s with Tevez,­ however when charged West Ham held their hands up­ immediately and many feel this helped them avoid a­ points deduction, plus there was never any real­ suggestion of attempted fraud, ultimately it was found­ that they had broken the rules but, lets say, they had­ perhaps been naive of the rules. QPR on the other hand­ have refuted the claims the FA have brought (which as­ we have seen with Rooney recently doesn''t go down­ well with the FA), and we have the added issue of an­ attempted fraud.

3. This fraud element moves this (in­ my view) into a very different scenario and one which­ people haven''t suggested as a comparison, but here­ goes 1990 Swindon Town. If you''re not old enough to­ remember Swindon won promotion from what became the­ Championship to what would become the Premier League­ via the play-offs but were found guilty of making­ illegal payments to players and a few weeks later were­ relegated two divisions by the FA this was later­ reduced to a one division relegation and they found­ themselves back in the Championship.

4. It is this­ precedent that I feel will mean that QPR will face a­ points deduction at least.

. Many people have said that the FA have screwed up by­ delaying the decision until the last week of the­ season, I think this is entirely deliberate and is­ ultimately the right way to have handled this -­ consider the Swindon example from 1990. The charges­ against Swindon were identified well before the end of­ season playoffs but the FA sensibly allowed the season­ to run its course with all teams trying their best.­ Some might say it was cruel to Swindon fans to let them­ experience promotion however had they lost the playoffs­ presumably they would have been relegated to what­ became League One, instead of back to the Championship­ i.e the faced a one division relegation as their­ penalty regardless of how they finished up. I think the­ FA are using this as a precedent, to give no indication­ of a points deduction so that all teams play to their­ potential without bringing the integrity of this­ Championship season into question. QPR may need to gain­ promotion to the Premier League in order that they are­ relegated back to the Championship and not League One­ as with the Swindon case.

6. Consider if QPR had been­ given a 10 point, 30 point or even a relegation as a­ punishment announced in March. How would this have­ affected their own players approach to remaining­ matches and what impact would that have had on the­ points earned by the teams they later played who could­ have had an unfair advantage playing against a team­ that had psychologically imploded. Far more sensible to­ delay any announcement so that everyone assumes no­ points will be deducted, so the chasing pack give it­ their all and assume that 3rd place misses­ auto-promotion, and 7th place misses the play-offs.­ This would ensure that no one can have any complaints­ of unfair advantage when a decision is made.

7. Also if a relegation is the penalty imposed then if­ this had been announced in March it would have meant­ QPR would have had to gain promotion to the Premier­ League to ensure they stayed in the Championship. This­ would clearly be an intolerable position to put them in­ at that time or indeed for the other clubs so the FA,­ by delaying the decision, have ensured the integrity of­ the season, and also giving a massive hidden clue that­ a points deduction at least is guaranteed. Consider the­ alternative, if it was just a fine then impose it now,­ why wait?

8. Points deductions are imposed for far less­ serious offences. A club going into administration,­ which mostly happens due to mismanagement and not fraud­ guarantees a 10 point deduction. Luton Town were­ deducted 10 points for illegal agent payments and a­ further 20 points for issues around their­ administration status. This effectively relegated them­ out of the Football League! QPR should be looking at a­ minimum 10 point penalty plus an additional penalty for­ attempting to deceive the FA. The treatment of Luton­ Town demonstrates that the FA will impose the rules­ ruthlessly regardless of the implications to the­ punished club. Hereford and Torquay were deducted 3­ points and 1 point respectively for each fielding an­ illegible player in their match on 1st February. This­ was the day after the transfer window closed and­ basically resulted from clerical errors in the form­ filling process of players signed in the last few hours­ of the transfer window. So a @#$% up, not fraud, but­ resulted in points being docked. If QPR don''t get a­ points deduction for what they have done then it will­ fly in the face of the precedent set down to all other­ clubs.

9. In summary then I believe QPR will face something­ like a 30 point penalty deduction, as that is the scale­ of the seriousness of the offences, which assuming they­ fill one of the top two slots will equate to a­ relegation. All this talk of legal cases are a smoke­ screen. The FA have QPR bang to rights and determining­ the penalty is all that needs to be agreed. They are­ going to take a very dim view of the attempt to deceive­ them, as they did with Luton Town.

10. A 30 point­ deduction would place QPR out of even the play off mix,­ allowing for the playoffs to proceed unhindered